motorcycle geocaching

Maybe I've been asleep for a year or two, but does anyone geocache on their motorcycles? My wife and I bought a pair of Harleys several months ago and have been staying busy on them and not doing any geocaching. While planning our ride for tomorrow, I found a cache hidden on our intended route and thought "what a great combination, biking and caching!" I am not so naieve as to think this an original thought. Give me some feedback, who's doing it, how's it working, etc. I'm ready for some Hawg Cachin'!!!

I'm still pretty new (2 finds) But have gone to both on my motorcycle =) I love riding, I love Hiking, I love geocaching. It's a trifecta!

Not to mention it's a lot easier to park my scoot on the side of the road in a nice close spot than to try and cram a SUV into a little pull-off icon_wink.gif

~Z

Caching on a motorcycle?! What a nutty idea! icon_wink.gif

I've done a fair amount of 2-wheeled caching, although I drive my car more often. Particularly after a long hike, the car's much more comfy for the drive home...

I've got an E-trex Legend and use their handlebar mount. It's not very easy to work the "click-stick" while riding, particularly while wearing gloves, but it can be done.

It's great for looking at my mapping software (which has all the nearby caches marked), picking a cache or two on a mountain road that I haven't been on and going for them. A nice ride + a cache or two = a great weekend day.

--

Random quote:

sigimage.php

My wife and I just got a Yamaha 1100 V Star in June. I have 5 brother inlaws (outlaws) and 4 of them have bikes also. After geocaching during one of rides we were all on, 2 of them bought GPS' and one other is looking at them icon_cool.gif

The best of 2 great hobbies.

PARENTS....THE ANTI-DRUG

Maybe I've been asleep for a year or two, but does anyone geocache on their motorcycles? My wife and I bought a pair of Harleys several months ago and have been staying busy on them and not doing any geocaching. While planning our ride for tomorrow, I found a cache hidden on our intended route and thought "what a great combination, biking and caching!" I am not so naieve as to think this an original thought. Give me some feedback, who's doing it, how's it working, etc. I'm ready for some Hawg Cachin'!!!

Oh yea. We've been caching on our ElectraGlide for years now. You're right by saying it's a great combination. Y'all be safe out there.

It would be nice to find out if the cache is motorcycle friendly meaning that it is way down a dirt road. I am not to keen on riding on dirt on my bike loose dirt is not fun. Trying to save a little gas while out caching.

I take it from this comment, you ride a cruiser or similar, 'cause loose dirt is hella fun on a dirt bike! But I'd also like to know if its a dirt road, so I can choose which bike I use, like yo usay, loose dirt is not so fun on an expensive Harley, and it means you're gonna spend hours cleaning it later.

It would be nice to find out if the cache is motorcycle friendly meaning that it is way down a dirt road. I am not to keen on riding on dirt on my bike loose dirt is not fun. Trying to save a little gas while out caching.

I take it from this comment, you ride a cruiser or similar, 'cause loose dirt is hella fun on a dirt bike! But I'd also like to know if its a dirt road, so I can choose which bike I use, like yo usay, loose dirt is not so fun on an expensive Harley, and it means you're gonna spend hours cleaning it later.

That's what I was thinking. I got my first motorcycle when I was about 10 years old and spent a *lot* of time riding in loose dirt and mud before I got a drivers license and could ride one on the streets. If I still owned a motorcycle I'd be more interested in having one for geocaching on loose dirt than one for geocaching using city streets.

That's what I was thinking. I got my first motorcycle when I was about 10 years old and spent a *lot* of time riding in loose dirt and mud before I got a drivers license and could ride one on the streets. If I still owned a motorcycle I'd be more interested in having one for geocaching on loose dirt than one for geocaching using city streets.

Absolutely! I ride BMW and Harley Davidson to caches.