Cash in a cache?

TeamTJ

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

no money in caches. its all fake.

These caches don't appear to be fake to me. Of course, greed is not the prettiest thing. I prefer a trail coated with fall leaves to $100 bucks... much more rewarding, if you ask me.

--Marky

"Everyone spends time in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?u=TEAM+KFWB+GPS don't appear to be fake to me. Of course, greed is not the prettiest thing. I prefer a trail coated with fall leaves to $100 bucks... much more rewarding, if you ask me.

Its fake! Trickery! Deception! I've personally checked every single cache claiming to contain cash, and its all fake.

Sometimes people will leave an extra-nice item in a cache, to celebrate a special find. For our 100th find, we left a $20 bill as a surprise bonus, with instructions to the next cacher to take it without the need to trade up. It made us feel good, and we plan to do the same random act of kindness when we hit other milestones.

See logs for The Thousand Steps Cache.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitos?

Check out the following two caches, which are NOT fake, and really will contain what they say they will:

BOLD ENDURANCE GEOCACHE

A WATCHER'S POINT OF VIEW GEOCACHE

As for the motivation factor of *greed*, this hardly seems the appropriate place to discuss particulars. Let's just say that in the case of 'BOLD ENDURANCE', TEAM KFWB GPS have made it clear what their intention and expectation is regarding 'fair play'. Just read the cache description thoroughly.

I have found several of THE TEAM's *less involved* caches, and have nearly covered the travel expenses involved in getting to Vancouver Island on three separate weekends from the Vancouver area.

canadazuuk

I raced in the rain the other day to be a first finder. There was $20 in the cache. I didn't really want the $20, I wanted the first find. Someone beat me to it, but left the $20, so I took it as a consolation prize, I was after all caching in bad weather all alone. Another day my friend found a $20 in a park on the way to the cache. Soemtimes people trade $ for items if they don't have a fair trade item, so yes, it does happen.

BTW, I spent the $20 on new cache items.

And, I was a first finder today!

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

We have a lot of cachers who trade Wheresgeorge bills. I've found as many as 6 in a cache.

And there is also the old story of the famed Alluvial Material cache where the $20 first finder prize caused some hard feelings and the theft of the cache.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs, but by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" -Max Beerbohm

I have put $5,$10,and $20 in caches around Nashville and have found a few with $5’s it a way of saying you did good as a cache owner you did a great job with this one. If you go to a movie it will cost you at least $7 or had a real good waitress at dinner you would pay the same why not for a real cool geocache………………..JOE

quote:
I prefer a trail coated with fall leaves to $100 bucks... much more rewarding, if you ask me.

I've been on hundreds of trails coated with fall leaves. If you find one covered with $100 bills, let me know and I'll clean it up for you. I'll even bring some leaves from my yard to replace the bills.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs, but by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" -Max Beerbohm

Oh but that it were true, money NOT be found in caches. Here on Vancouver Island, the whole game is now about 4x4's and FRS radios, Logging roads in blizzards, cutting each other's throats, and getting that $1000. ( Which is about 6 bucks US)

I am an old time purist, who goes for the place and the view, and yes, hopefully, the first find. I asked in another Forum thread if the Game is now all about the money, and was met with a resounding YES!!

Team KFWB GPS, and old time geocaching

I wish I lived elsewhere, so that I could continue without this insane frothing at the mouth going on here. You other folks should count yourselves lucky.

If I ain't sweatin', I ain't cachin. Are we there yet?

I have put a $20 bill in four of the caches I have placed. I don't list the $20 on the cache description page, but I leave it in the cache as a prize for the first finder. It is usually the first finder who picks up the $20, but in one case, they took a T-bug and left the $20. The ones who take the money, don’t mention how much it was in the log so it stays our little secret. They say something like we took the “piece of folding money.”

RM

I don't leave cash in my cache, but I did leave a 'gold' bar :-) which lead to this posting:

April 16, 2001 by RiverRatGarmin (1 found)

You can [delete] or [permanently encrypt] this log entry.

I stumbled upon this treasure on April 14,2001 while doing some rock mining near my parents house. At first I didn't want to open it thinking it was a bomb or something (you can never be to sure these days!) However I know it wasn't there last fall and I just could not resist opening it. (think about that for a minute, I thought it was a bomb, but opened it anyway!) Well upon opening it I read congratulations, you found it... and I put the bag back and untied the box from the tree and walked down to the water and told my girlfriend I found it!. She had no idea what I was talking about. We sat down and upon reading the paper inside the box was suprised to find the gold bar. Now I'm really freaking out thinking some old man had left his life savings for someone to find. We made a mad dash home to share our good fortune with the family! I opened the plastic bag and read out loud to the whole family that had gathered around. Let me just say that was very exciting as I am an avid G.P.S user, but have never heard of geocaching. Well I didn't take anything (the civil war bullets were cool) but did leave a 2001 fishing guide book.

As a sad aside, RiverRat has now destroyed this cache. He said he couldn't live with the all the traffic! (I've calculated 1 extra car down this public road every 3 weeks). It's a shame that after his excitement at finding this cache, he now wants to deprive anyone else from having the same fun.

The hardest thing to find is something that's not there!