Mr.Rogers would have been a cool Cacher.

cwoper

Here in Pittsburgh, where Mr. Rogers lived and worked, I was hit hard by this sad news this morning. I'm sure that, if Mr. Rogers was a geocacher, he would always trade fairly, play nice with land managers, and take time to smell the roses along the way to the cache.

If you're in Western PA, consider scheduling a visit this spring to the "Won't you be my neighbor?" cache, set up by Rock33 as part of his "Tour de Parks" in Indiana County. The property was formerly owned by Fred Rogers' family and there are some special surprises at the park.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by CoronaKid:

I actually met Fred Rogers once when I was a kid. He is truly a nice man. I grew up watching his shows. Perhaps I'll make a cache dedicated to his memory and place it close to the studio where he worked.

--CoronaKid

Mr. Rogers is dead?!

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

It's kinda neat to realize that I grew up with Mr. Rogers and so did my oldest daughter Megan. It's too bad that Grace and Connor won't have that kind of continuity in their lives.....unless I get the Mr. Rogers DVD's!

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

The headlines said that the neiborhood was sad due to Mr Rogers passing. I was stunned, he did more for kids and growenups alike in his tv program. I know i watched him with my kids and who knows maybe he had some effect on my life too. The world lost a great man today. May he rest in peace, just like he was

Altree

(you will not starve with a p38 and a can of food)

My favorite quote from Fred Rogers:

"We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It's easy to say 'It's not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem.' Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes."

May Mr. Rogers enjoy his new home, the best possible "Neighborhood of Make-Believe."

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

Age 73, but ageless.

Couple of corrections here, Lep. He was 74. And I think what you meant to say is that he was timeless.

Most of us, I'm sure grew up with Mr. Rogers. It's amazing to think of the influence he has had and will have for many generations. Heck, I still occasionally watched Mr. Rogers while I had a TV... and even as recently as a few years ago, I learned some cool stuff from his show.

You know, for the longest time I thought he was actually loading a film into Picture Picture. I was 18 or 19 when I realized he was only setting the film down on a shelf.

icon_smile.gif

Jamie

I hated Mr. Rogers on general principal until just recently. A story on NPR about a young man who met him as a kid then went back to meet him as a young adult caught my interest.

Then I payed attention to what he did and what he stood for and that he was a good person in reality and revised my opinion.

Most of us leave the world about like we found it. Call them inert people. Some make it worse. Call them evil. Some make it better. Those are the good.

Mr. Rogers was one of the good. Most of us are inert. Every now and then break your mold.

Wherever you go there you are.

Up here in Canada we Had Mr. Rogers also. I remember seeing him after the electric company on PBS but he never caught my imagination. But I understand how you all feel. Up here in the great white north, for me at least, it was Mr. Dress Up. Geez, I was a latch key kid and for a long time he was my only friend. He even taught me how to tie my shoes.

Later on I found out he lived a couple of doors down from a friend of mine and I always wanted to knock on his door and tell him how important he was to me but I am sure he would have thought me insane.

He died a couple of years ago and I never did knock on his door. Sometimes I am such an idiot.

DirtRunner.

P.S. With Mr. Dress Up’s Tickle Truck, he would have been an awesome cacher.

Your not first...But you could be next.