5 States,5 Cache sites,1 day.I am a Geocaching God!!!

cwoper

Thats right,5 States,5 Cache sites all in 1 day!!! I started in Ohio at 7:00 A.M. and got my #5 find in Missouri at about 6:30 P.M. Ohio time.The states were as follows;Oh-Ky-In-Il-Mo.What makes this even cooler...It was St.Patricks Day!!! I am the Man!!! If it dosen't rain, I'm Caching on my way back to Hillsboro,Ohio tomorrow...Man am I having fun!!! Read it and weep Cachers,see ya at a Cache site. icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by cwoper:

Thats right,5 States,5 Cache sites all in 1 day!!! I started in Ohio at 7:00 A.M. and got my #5 find in Missouri at about 6:30 P.M. Ohio time.The states were as follows;Oh-Ky-In-Il-Mo.What makes this even cooler...It was St.Patricks Day!!! I am the Man!!! If it dosen't rain, I'm Caching on my way back to Hillsboro,Ohio tomorrow...Man am I having fun!!! Read it and weep Cachers,see ya at a Cache site. icon_cool.gif

Once I was skunked on a cache 9 times, on 9 different days. You heard me right, 9 different days. We are not talking 9 different moments separated by no time and space. Nope, not this geocacher, I actually came back on different days and looked in different spaces. When I found it, it was even in a place I had looked before.

You may now grovel at my feet. For you are not worthy for such as I.

Wherever you go there you are.

"Thats right,5 States,5 Cache sites all in 1 day!!! I started in Ohio at 7:00 A.M. and got my #5 find in Missouri at about 6:30 P.M. Ohio time.The states were as follows;Oh-Ky-In-Il-Mo.What makes this even cooler...It was St.Patricks Day!!! I am the Man!!! If it dosen't rain, I'm Caching on my way back to Hillsboro,Ohio tomorrow...Man am I having fun!!! Read it and weep Cachers,see ya at a Cache site"

Why don't you let loose and tell us what you really think of yourself?

We're going on a treasure hunt...we're not quite sure just where...but with our trusty GPS, we'll find a cache stashed there!!

By Daughter Cheryl

Not too bad, for a newbie icon_smile.gif

If you REALLY wanna be impressed, check out Lil Otter's travels.

She recently did 6 states in 1 week, but she didn't just get 1 cache per state, she grabbed almost 100 of them!

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Oh that's easy for you folks in those little tiny counties that you call states back East.

Try that starting in the San Francisco area where we have to travel 3.5 hours to get to the next state.

quote:
Originally posted by cwoper:

Mickey

Max Entropy

More than just a name, a lifestyle.

Hmm.. Is it possible to fly fast enough to find a cache in one country and then find a cache in another country the day before? I'd like to see that feat.

Congrats on your personal record icon_smile.gif It's pretty true that you can easily hit several states in one day on the east coast, but it's still impressive.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

We went out to find 6 Caches .... AND DID FIND NOTHING !!! icon_confused.gif

The reason is that we stopped at the first place we arrived, weather was fine, sun shining, nobody around to annoy us. We didn't continue our quest and stayed the whole week-end at a lake and had a GREAT TIME !

Geocaching is so fun icon_biggrin.gif

donate_blood_md_wht.gif

hello

Ok........in defense of cwoper, I hadn't realized that OH, IN, KT, IL, MO were on the east coast......but maybe it's just my map. I think it's pretty cool what he did! I feel no need to drag him down........because I havn't done it.

YOU are DA MAN!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Children are natural mimics who act like their parents despite every effort to teach them good manners.

When TPTB (Jeremy) send congrats,I now know that I,cwoper,am "The Man".Thanks to the rest of all you good people on this site for making me laugh.Geocachers are a great bunch of folks and I am glad to be a part of this and be able to hang out with everybody on this site.You are all awesome,keep it coming,keep it up and lets have some more fun!!!It's back to Ohio for me today,so see ya soon. icon_cool.gif

My record is four caches in four states in one day. Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa. On another note, I did get a first to find on the same day in both Iowa and Michigan. This was not during the four state run either.

For the far westerners throwing rocks at this accomplishment, these are not New England states. I would estimate that it would take a minimum of five to six hours to drive from Ohio to Missouri straight through.

Aladin Sane

You could go to the Four Corners area in N.E. Arizona here and if the caches were close enough, do a cache in each of the 4 states in less than an hour...I am flying to Russia this summer, so I will see about doing a cache on my last day there, then zipping back to L.A. and hitting one on the same day...talk about the long-distance record...

quote:
Originally posted by MaxEntropy:

Oh that's easy for you folks in those little tiny counties that you call states back East.

Try that starting in the San Francisco area where we have to travel 3.5 hours to get to the next state.

Mickey

Max Entropy

Please don't lump those midwestern states with our fine states here in the east icon_biggrin.gif

Salvelinus

goldfish.gif

"The trail will be long and full of frustrations. Life is a whole and good and evil must be accepted together"

Ralph Abele

Mickey

Max Entropy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salvelinus said: Please don't lump those midwestern states with our fine states here in the east

WHAT? Since when is San Fran considered "midwestern"?

Congrats Cowper! That took a little planning I am sure. Last Labor Day weekend we hit SD, WY and CO in one day! It was a blast. We are currently planning our drive from MT to NM, and choosing the caches worth hitting onthat drive!

-Jennifer

Where am I going? I ain't certain.

When will I get there? I don't know.

All as I know is I am on my way!

That's is a feat just for the planning. Let's raise the bar a little now. Who can do a multistate find where the states' initials spell out a word??? icon_biggrin.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

CWoper - Nice going! I think you did great, and I NEVER knock anyone for an accomplishment I have never done. Let's see .... a multi-state expedition, and the states spell a word. Well, you can make derogatory remarks about the size of the New England states, but I would imagine you could find a cache in Maine,New Hampshire,Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and probably New York and Pennsylvania in one day; that gives us M,N,H,V,M,R,I,C at least - but only one vowel? Rich, rim, him. Who will do it first?

Catcher24

"You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time." Jim Bouton

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

Hmm.. Is it possible to fly fast enough to find a cache in one country and then find a cache in another country _the day before_? I'd like to see that feat.

That would be possible all you have to do is find a cache in Japan and then fly to Hawaii and find a cache.

Maldar

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

Hmm.. Is it possible to fly fast enough to find a cache in one country and then find a cache in another country _the day before_? I'd like to see that feat...

First visit GCB7E0 or one of many other nearby caches in Auckland, NZ, and then hop on flight PH746 (Thursdays only) to Apia, Western Samoa. It departs at 6:45 AM and arrives at 11:45 AM on the previous calendar day. That will give you plenty of time to find GC7E06.

Worldtraveler