What kinds of Containers have you found caches placed in?

Had a great weekend caching, and I came accross some of the most ingenious cache containers. One cache was in a hollowed out stump where the bark peeled off to reveal the cache. Another one was in a sprinkler head, and yet another one was in PVC pipe that was stuck in the ground that resembled a drain. What about the rest of you?

Seen those.... copying some of them, with our own twists. Got new ideas recently also.... but can't tell until they have been placed/found a few times. Favorite container that I have heard of is a drilled out rock. Can't wait to find that one!

-Jennifer

Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else. (JM Barrie)

I found a cache recently that was placed in the worst container I have ever seen. It was made of flimsy plastic with a cracked lid that didn’t seal. If they bought it at the dollar store, they paid too much for it. My personal favorites are the ones placed in the large ammo cans.

Lake Tahoe Geocacher

[This message was edited by TahoeJoe on January 16, 2003 at 01:37 PM.]

Found a micro in a paste container that you turned a screw to extract the log. Another Micro was in a little bullet looking container that you can get from REI. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Bison capsule Key chain

The capsules were not very hard to find, but they were cool. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

The other interresting idea was an plasic electrical junction box that you unscrewed the cover to get to the cache. Very expensive container. Around $8 - $13 bucks.

Looks like the Brownies hit some of the boxes I've seen in Yakima. In addition to what they mentioned, I've seen some pretty good stuff over here in the greater Seattle area.

One cache was a container that had a screw on lid ath the bottom and was shaped like an Angel...kinda hard to describe. You have to see it.Another was a pressure cooker...incidently the same3 cacher owned those caches.

Also, some tupperware containers fitted into logs and similar.

Oh, one other one was very flimsy...a couple of hospital bed pans rubberbanded/velcro-ed together.Contents were toast...soaked, etc.

Another was a micro that looked like a face plate for a street lamp post. Sneaky!

Let's see:

* a half-dozen ammo cans

* a half-dozen tupperware/rubbermaid bins

* two cigar tubes (micros -- no log, now archived)

* one pill bottle (part 1 of multi)

* one defunct fire hydrant (part 1 of multi)

* one huge plastic pretzel container

I am Arrowroot, son of Arrowshirt. I have many names, you know

I'm sure I am forgetting some but here goes

ammo cans icon_cool.gif

5 gal.plastic buckets icon_smile.gif

burried rural mailbox icon_eek.gif

Oscar-the-Grouch trash can icon_frown.gif cute but not good

35MM micro's icon_eek.gif

various tupperware icon_smile.gif

various rubbermaid icon_smile.gif

glad brand containers icon_mad.gif these suck

Mason jelly/canning jars icon_smile.gif

Gatorade/Coolade jars icon_smile.gif

1 gal. plastic jars icon_cool.gif

a bowling ball bag icon_frown.gificon_mad.gificon_confused.gif

it was rotting,zippers busted bottom comming off, contents toast

We have also foud caches camoflaged as common objects found in the wild/parks

$1000 Bill

[This message was edited by Treasure Hunters Inc. on January 17, 2003 at 03:09 PM.]