Farthest cache you've logged?

azog

I can't do better because I haven't left MI and the farthest has been over 50miles but will do better eventually. Good idea for a thread. I think we will get some around the world responses.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Bitter New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

My house to GC6032 (where I dropped off the NASCAR Rusty Wallace travel bug) is 1,063 as the crow flies and 1,184 as the tires on my Ford F-150 flew back in August when I drove out West to do some intense fly fishing. Now that combination - Geocaching/fly fishing is a hard one to beat. As close to heaven as you can get, and I live in Iowa!

I live in Pittsburgh, but recently I visited Anaheim, California and logged four of Otis Pug's caches. Just because he is a god of geocaching.

The only disappointment during my trip was that I couldn't pick up Rottieruff's travel bug 'cuz someone was hogging it.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames.

I've only been doing this for a few weeks, and I have 11 all within 9 miles. If I want any more, I am going to have to travel. I already have tentative plans, and if I travel for any reason, I will be prepared for some geocaching on the side.

It hasn't been much of an issue, but if I wasn't travelling, then I wouldn't feel right picking up a travel bug because there would be no point. That is the downside to being a low milage geocacher.

Right here and here. At that time, my farthest find was somewhere around 8K miles from home. Since then I've found one a bit farther at 9682 miles.

I'm not sure if that is the record, but I think I may have the most cumulative geocaching miles to date. I recently found my 100th cache, and out of curiosity decided to create a sequential "route" of all my cache finds. It totaled >93,400 miles at the time. My finds since then should add another ~ 8K miles, and I should add another ~ 20K miles by the end of the year.

(edited to correct links)

[This message was edited by worldtraveler on October 07, 2002 at 03:38 AM.]

I drove from Rochester N.Y., to Pueblo Co., with my wife, four kids, and a dog. I ended up with about 5000 miles on my truck when we got back.

We had a great time, but next time I think we will fly. Thats only if I can convince my wife to step onto the airplane. Anyways we found four

caches in the great state of Colorado. Wish we could have found more on our vacation, but we are happy with the caches we did find. icon_biggrin.gif

Duane

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

I drove from Rochester N.Y., to Pueblo Co., with my wife, four kids, and a dog. I ended up with about 5000 miles on my truck when we got back.

We had a great time, but next time I think we will fly. Thats only if I can convince my wife to step onto the airplane. Anyways we found four

caches in the great state of Colorado. Wish we could have found more on our vacation, but we are happy with the caches we did find. icon_biggrin.gif

Duane

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

I was on vacation this summer in the Sacramento/Folsom Ca. area and found 14 caches while out there. I got the 2,469 mile figure from a travel bug that I took from a cache near my house and placed in a Sacramento area cache.

I've also found a few caches in Vermont and NY but outside those, most of my finds have been within 20 miles of my home. I don't travel far specifically to look for caches, but if I'm in an area for another reason I'll check to see if there are any caches nearby.

"Life is a daring adventure, or it is nothing" - Helen Keller

I was over in the UK this past July and I found 28 caches, with help from my son-in-law, Lost in Space. I set a cache (Putts Herts Hideaway) which is 5,262 miles from my drive way in Rancho Murieta CA. My furthest find was 5,358 miles, Standsted Travel Bug Hotel (Essex). As a side comment on my caching in the UK, I found that most of all the caches were set on Public Pathways which traverse the whole UK, and make setting and finding a very pleasant experiance.

Found one in the Everglades while vacationing in FLorida a couple of weeks ago. All together, we drove just over 3300 miles and found caches in 3 different states (FLorida, Georgia, and North Carolina). Also added 3 state highpoints to our record. Cool trip and our first geocaching while on vacation adventure.

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

I have logged a couple of caches in Colorado (40 miles away), but my furthest is near Las Cruces, which makes 400 miles. I helped set a cache near Guaymas, Son. (Mexico), which is 900 miles away!

Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers. - Socrates

How far has anyone gone for the specific purpose of logging a cache? I don't mean going to Grandma's 1500 miles away and to get away from your funny uncle you sneak out of the house to log a cache. I mean you left your base and went to a distant location for the exclusive and specific purpose of logging a find.

Peru from Norfolk, UK. Not sure how many miles it is but it took a bloody long time to get there icon_redface.gif)

I'll check out the miles when I get home.

Checked last night 6260 miles

Statistics show that those with the most birthdays live longest.

[This message was edited by Icenians on October 10, 2002 at 04:03 AM.]

Peru from Norfolk, UK. Not sure how many miles it is but it took a bloody long time to get there icon_redface.gif)

I'll check out the miles when I get home.

Checked last night 6260 miles

Statistics show that those with the most birthdays live longest.

[This message was edited by Icenians on October 10, 2002 at 04:03 AM.]