Who here thinks I'm insane? ~and~ Wish Me Luck!

fly46

Okay, going to try the most ambitious Caching that I've ever done August 1st... Yup.. today... Just got loan of the GPS again, and I plan to do FIVE caches before I have to go to the post office and to work.... Hmm... Can I do it? I don't know any more than y'all do... it depends on if my knees (both are bad), back, and ankle decide to let me cache or not..

Anyway, here's the list of caches I'm doing in the order I plan to go...

1. Then There Were None. - There's a TB in here, and I WANT A TB, so I'm going for it. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=77963

2. Wine Country II - Haven't gone here yet, cause I needed something purple cause the Cache is themed. Got a purple glostik and off I go. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=34546

3. Peleg Sweet Legacy Cache - Multi cache near my house.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=77959

4. APHORISMS * Cache - Multi cache that I was going to start before I was beat to it. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=80833

5. Tribute To A Mascott - This one is located at the same park as the last leg of the Aphorisms Cache. Has a TB in it, too. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=80837

Anyway, I figure I have five or so hours do do five caches within about a 20 mile radius of each other... It may actually be 6 caches, because I want to redo the one I did today to leave a TB in it because I feel bad about trading down (I was informed the cache was too small for any items I had... although it really wasn't) but I did anyway because I collect mini books and someone had left one... A TB should fit, and since it's a newer cache and very easy, I expect it to get people at some point in the near future...

Anyway, guys... What do you think? Do you think I can do it? If I start to run out of time, I'll cut out Peleg for the day, but I want to get the TBs before the weekend people start going out... It's almost five... I'm going to bed then first thing in the morning a caching I will go.... Wish me luck if nothing else!

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

You're not any more a psycho than me...good luck! (of course, that's _my_ opinion (of you _and_ me!) icon_wink.gif

===============_"If it feels good...do it"_================

**_(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")_**

lol.. thanks... I'm wondering if I'm going to be dead to the world before I get to leave work... I go to a racetrack and have to deal with kids all night, so we're talking five geocaches, a couple errands that I have to run, and then 8 hours of work between now and midnight - not to mention sleep!!! I hope I can do it... I really want those TBs, and since the TBs are both really close to the other caches, it would be silly to not do both... If I can't do at least four of them, I'll feel like a failure.

If those are legit 3 star terrain, then that could be pretty amibitious, esp. with 2 multi caches thrown in. Good luck though.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on August 01, 2003 at 04:06 AM.]

One of them goes up a little hill to get the cache and that's why it's such a high terrain rating. Most of it up to that point is along our walking/biking trail.

I hope I can do this! I'm worried that I won't be able to!!!

Wish me luck... I"m leaving in about 10 minutes!

quote:
Originally posted by fly46:

I hope I can do this! I'm worried that I won't be able to!!!

Wish me luck... I"m leaving in about 10 minutes!

What do you mean if you don't make it? It's ONLY work you'd be missing. I mean, what's more important?

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."

Plan, plan, plan, and then plan some more. Be sure you know where to park for quickest access, have the hints already decoded, carry a detailed map for each cache, and walk very fast.

You can do it but the better question is why are you doing it. Why not just relax and do one a day? The caches will all still be there next week.

--CoronaKid

You a psycho? No way, yesterday I walked altogether 28 kilometers beyond arctic circle in 26 to 31 deg Celsius crossing two rivers per direction (So I got my b*lls wet 4 times) And made a find! Never mind the three pea-sized vesicles on my toes, I enjoyed it! Who is insane???

quote:
Originally posted by Erwast:

...three pea-sized vesicles on my toes, I enjoyed it!

learn somethin' new every day; but I won't remember this....

Main Entry: ves·i·cle

Pronunciation: 've-si-k&l

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle French vesicule, from Latin vesicula small bladder, blister, from diminutive of vesica

Date: 1578

1 a : a membranous and usually fluid-filled pouch (as a cyst, vacuole, or cell) in a plant or animal b : a small abnormal elevation of the outer layer of skin enclosing a watery liquid : BLISTER c : a pocket of embryonic tissue that is the beginning of an organ

2 : a small cavity in a mineral or rock

I predict that you will either not make all 5 or be very late for work.

Sometimes there is a difference in what men desire and what they do in fact achieve: the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray.

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!

http://www.geocities.com/cacheinon

Well, first of all, I'd like to thank the 19% who have recognized that I'm psycho but still have faith in me.

Caching didn't quite go as planned today... Long story, but the first cache, the GPS didn't quite cooperate with me (I knew the cache was on a north south trail, yet the GPS wanted me to go west for five miles???) I don't know if it was the humidity, but it wasn't quite working very well today... Also went through quite a bit of unavoidable mud to find out that to get to the cache container you had to cross the river.... mind you the only way across the river is to walk through it because it's too shallow for anything else.. Combined with the fact that I hate caching alone and everything else that tends to go wrong in my life, I just couldn't stand being outside anymore (and the ohio humidity was making me sick)... I have mosquito bites, which I'm allergic to, and was afraid of getting any more, so I said f* it and gave up. (I also forgot my camera for a couple of pics I wanted to take)

I have to go accept the fact that I'm a failure and too stupid to geocache without help. (I've taken non caching people with me who do better at it than I do)

Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to find some caches?

Dear PsychoFly,

Don't get discouraged, learn to pace yourself. You are young and eager, strive to gain experience and patience.

Okay? That's your pep talk, now go back out with the goal of one regular and one of the multi's, AND NO MORE in one day. You want to avoid burnout here. Take Huntnlady's advice.

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!

http://www.geocities.com/cacheinon