Any other 'picky' cachers??

I'd classify my girlfriend and I as very 'picky' cachers. We don't do virtual caches (only done one because we were going to the place anyways), we don't do the 'photo' caches, we don't do the 'find my car' type caches, we seldom do micro-caches. We like the sport because the challenge involved. Not only the challenge of finding actually finding a cache, but we also appreciate it when someone takes the time (and challenge) to actually find a place in the area to hide a cache container. Anyone can post up coordinates of their favorite park or stream, but those who take the time to actually find a good place to hide a 'treasure' in the area should be thanked (and we thank you icon_smile.gif).

I don't know how a lot of these caches are getting approved and I really don't like the list of "caches near you" being filled up with silly virtua caches or the likes. Think when you're placing a cache, what would YOU like to find? Would you rather go to an obscure out of the way boat dock and get the name of something off the sign, or would you rather go to the boat dock and have to look around for the waterproof cache container that was slyly inserted on a rafter underneath the dock? We prefer the later. Hopefully people will continue to place the 'traditional' caches and not the "find my car (no GPS requiered, look for a red _____)" type of caches.

buneatg.gifI am the Rabbit King, I can do anything

I think that you'll find may opinions as to what is and is not a "legitimate" cache. Personally, I like virtual caches as much as traditional caches, and I love multi-stage and puzzle caches. Microcaches are challenging due to their size, but I like to log my experience. Others may dislike the 1/1 caches that don't require a significant amount of work, but they're great with kids. My thought is that this sport is about using a GPSr to lead to unique, beautiful, or otherwise special places you would not normally go to.

Perhaps in the future we'll get an option to "turn off" certain types of caches. Until then, I'll just pick and choose and ignore the rest. As long as the cache is appropriately identified as virtual, event, or mystery, it should be easy to weed according to your preferences.

-Craig/TeamCNJC

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took off through the thorns, chest high, ...

But, I think they need to be clever. Not to be confused with locationless caches, that I don't do. But, a good virtual cache has its merit. GOOD is the operative word. Here is an example of one that made you go through the zoo and find the answer to 6 questions and then use the numbers to find an actual cache placed outside near the parking lot. After doing the virtual stuff, you got to put your hands on an actual placed cache and not just get some certificate typed up in Word.

Also, my cache (shameless plug) is a good example of a unique virtual cache. It involves a magic trick where you need a deck of cards and the 'reveal' is done for you at the location. Read some of the logs to see what the reaction is to this type of well thought out cache.

But, other than some good examples, I agree that there are many virtuals that don't inspire me. I went to Vegas and did 6 of them on the strip and they started to get monotonous after being so unoriginal. I am not advocating that we disallow them, but am encouraging placers to really get creative. The same thing that inspires someone to place a cache in a really cool spot can also inspire a really good virtual.

stealyourcache.jpg

I'm not as young as I used to be...

It takes me all night to do what I used to do all night.

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

quote:
Originally posted by The Heavenly Host:

...an example of one that made you go through the zoo and find the answer to 6 questions and then use the numbers to find an actual cache placed outside near the parking lot.

I don't consider that a virtua cache. We LOVE puzzle caches and multi-stage caches as long as they lead us to something rewarding. Fractal's cached are some of the best, they are a real challenge, but if the final location was a virtua spot wherein we had to find 'the fifth word on the second line of the memorial plaque' (nothing to do with any of Fractal's caches) then they just wouldn't seem so satisfying. I think the best part about the Geocaching is finally spotting the cache container under a nearby tree stump, or when you're just about to give up and then you stumble upon the cache container right where you thought you looked 10 times already.

We're definately not against the multi-stage caches, we even have two of our own (one's down currently, this one's really fun though: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=19253), but with both these multi-stage caches, we went and found an area to put the actual cache container (which is a real challenge sometimes). Like I did say before, we will do micro-caches, but they tend to just make us mad when we can't home in on them, but they're still fun. Locationless caches are rather stupid because we figure if the person doesn't take his time to find a nice place to hide the 'treasure', then why should we take our time to go out there and NOT find a treasure? True, some places may not have the best hiding locations, but heck, be original, you can usually find SOMEWHERE to hide SOMETHING.

I've seen a cache where ALL you do is take a picture of one of those big letters above a city and have you GPS in it. How does that have anything to do with hunting something down using your GPS?? Those are the kinds of caches we don't like. I mean seriously, we PLACED a cache up on one of these letters (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=21387), why can't other people? There's no adventure in driving down the highway, seeing a letter on the side of a cliff/hill and taking a picture of it (whooo-hooo another hard fought find!!). I don't know, I just hope that people don't just start throwing up virtual/locationless caches just so they can so-called "place" a cache and forget about the actual 'hunt'.

BTW: LOVE the Grateful GeoDead symbol, great work

Hey, if you don't like it, don't do it. That's always been the way I looked at it. Got a problem with virtuals? Don't do 'em. Hate locationless? Steer clear.

But other people have different opinions. Wouldn't life be boring if they didn't? Then you wouldn't have anything to complain about!

Charlie

"One should never begin a journey by heading in the wrong direction."

quote:
Originally posted by sbell111:

Sounds like an argument for the 'ignore this cache' option.

I like this idea. It would really help in my opinion. It would be like the "hide logs" button. You could just have a button that says "hide this cache from view" and if you wanted to see all the ones you skipped past before, you'd just click the "show all caches" button. I don't know, just a thought.

quote:
Originally posted by LarsThorwald:

Hey, if you don't like it, don't do it."

Yup, thats they way I see it too. Choose your own adventure. Don't tell or suggest how people should design caches. Options are what makes all of this so fun. A virtual cache on a dock to get a clue, well I think its all about location. Maybe the dock is in a really interesting location. Who cares about the toys in the cache container under the dock! Look at the view. But if you like toys......

quote:
Originally posted by Rockdoctors:

/QUOTE]

Yup, thats they way I see it too. Choose your own adventure. Don't tell or suggest how people should design caches. Options are what makes all of this so fun. A virtual cache on a dock to get a clue, well I think its all about location. Maybe the dock is in a really interesting location. Who cares about the toys in the cache container under the dock! Look at the view. But if you like toys......

I guess some people don't understand where I'm coming from with this. It's not about the toys, it's about finding something (a sort of 'treasure') that people walk past everyday, sometimes right under there feet, but they don't know it's there, only a handful of people have found it and know it's there. I don't know, I was just wondering if there's anyone else that gets annoyed by the barrage of questionable caches that pop up whenever they're trying to find one.

I don't tell people how to design them or which ones they should/shouldn't do, I was just wondering if anyone else just likes to actually go out and FIND something I guess. If you're just going to reply saying "just ignore them", then please, just ignore this topic and don't post. I do ignore them, I'm forced to ignore them. I just wish there wasn't so many of them and more of the well thought out, well hidden, more 'traditional' caches (a la Fractal style).

I'm sorry, but I don't see your point. I've found "real" caches that were much easier to find and a lot less interesting then some of the virtual caches I've been to. There's at least one cache in this area that you can park within 25 feet of, for instance.

On the other hand, I've found virtual caches that were interesting and informative and a lot more fun to get to.

I also don't get the distinction about microcaches. One of the caches I've not been able to find (and I've looked for it three times) is a micro cache, and some of the microcaches have turned out to be very challenging to locate.

As for 'anyone can do it': that's true about 95% of the caches hidden, no matter what kind. It wouldn't be a very fun hobby if nobody could ever find any of the caches.

Also, locationless caches -- if done right -- can be pretty challenging, and they all require a GPS. A locationless cache, after all, is just asking the finder to do what the hider usually does. And who knows, once people realize how easy it was to do the work to find a locationless cache it might dawn on them that they can hide caches too and more caches will get hidden.

It's interesting that you worded your comment this way, because several of the log entries I've gotten on my virtual cache literally say "gee, I've walked past this every day and never knew it was there."

By all means, if you don't like them, don't do them, but the good ones work just as well as any stash-cache.

quote:
Originally posted by White Rabbit:

I guess some people don't understand where I'm coming from with this. It's not about the toys, it's about finding something (a sort of 'treasure') that people walk past everyday, sometimes right under there feet, but they don't know it's there, only a handful of people have found it and know it's there. I don't know, I was just wondering if there's anyone else that gets annoyed by the barrage of questionable caches that pop up whenever they're trying to find one.

I don't tell people how to design them or which ones they should/shouldn't do, I was just wondering if anyone else just likes to actually go out and FIND something I guess. If you're just going to reply saying "just ignore them", then please, just ignore this topic and don't post. I do ignore them, I'm forced to ignore them. I just wish there wasn't so many of them and more of the well thought out, well hidden, more 'traditional' caches (a la Fractal style).

http://www.iinet.net.au/~rabbit/rabpics/buneatg.gif _I am the Rabbit King, I can do anything_

I'll repeat myself. I Like them all and I'm glad I'm not picky. In fact I dislike the "picky" attitudes that some cachers have. It does nothing to promote the hobby and in fact will make some newer cachers nervous about placing a cache. After all they'd hate to have a picky cacher call their cache lame.

If you don't like it, I suggest keeping it to yourself and just behaving.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

quote:
I'll repeat myself. I Like them all and I'm glad I'm not picky. In fact I dislike the "picky" attitudes that some cachers have. It does nothing to promote the hobby and in fact will make some newer cachers nervous about placing a cache. After all they'd hate to have a picky cacher call their cache lame.

You make a very good point. We are very new to this, but after about 15 finds (and extensive reading of these boards) we felt confident in placing our own cache. I was very nervous about 2 things. 1.) that my coordinates would be off, and 2.) that the cache would be boring.

I was a happy-cacher when the first finder reported it as a cool cache.

WR...

I'm with you. I haven't searched for any virtuals or locationless (ok, I logged a locationless, but I logged it as a note).

The easy part about that is that there aren't any virtuals around here... The closest is probably 150 miles away.

I don't mind folks logging virtuals and locationless... but for me, part of the challenge is getting in the 30-foot radius circle and locating the box. After I've signed my name, I'll check out the location...

Jamie

At this point we will do any cache that gets listed in Michigan. I only know of one locationless and we did it. We also have a webcam cache and at some point will do it also. Beyond that I've only done two other locationless caches and one of them was "Where's in a name" which was very clever and took some work.

I care about my total find count but only compete on a state level, I don't want to inflate my find total with a bunch of out-of-state locationless caches. If they were totalled seperately I would do more. Micros, multi-stages and the rest are all just ordinary caches and I don't make any distinction, we will do all of them.

I don't consider myself picky because we will do anything on our 100 mile list.

Rusty...

Rusty & Libby's Geocache Page

quote:

You could just have a button that says "hide this cache from view" and if you wanted to see all the ones you skipped past before, you'd just click the "show all caches" button. I don't know, just a thought.

I like this idea, too.

I haven't tried any virtual or other types of caches...I guess I like finding the box when I get to the right site.

"When the chips are down, the buffalo are empty."

I've adopted a rule for doing locationless caches. I won't seek them out intentionally, but if I am out and about WHILE CACHE HUNTING, and come across something by accident that qualifies for one of the locationless caches, I will log it. Coming around a bend in the road and discovering the unexpected is almost the same thrill as looking in the right stump for the Tupperware container full of Happy Meal toys!

I came up with this "rule" when I got lost trying to get from one cache (a no-find that has since been archived, no less) to another cache a couple of weeks ago. Took a wrong turn and wound up 15 miles off course. But then... surprise! TWO locationless caches in one spot.. and almost three. Read my logs dated June 29th for Chew Mail Pouch Tobacco and Don't Know Much About History. Turned a detour into a fun experience!

Also in defense of locationless caches, I've enjoyed reading the other logs as a history/trivia lesson. Makes for great aimless websurfing. My definition of the Internet: All the stuff you find when you were looking for something else. icon_wink.gif

All that being said, I respect everyone else's choices on this issue. To each his own, and have fun!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house."

[This message was edited by The Leprechauns on July 09, 2002 at 06:43 PM.]

[This message was edited by The Leprechauns on July 09, 2002 at 07:15 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite:

In fact I dislike the "picky" attitudes that some cachers have. It does nothing to promote the hobby

Well I'm sure there are those that dislike your self rightious attitude.

quote:
-and in fact will make some newer cachers nervous about placing a cache. After all they'd hate to have a picky cacher call their cache lame.

If you don't like it, I suggest keeping it to yourself and just behaving.

All opinions are valid. If your an intelligent researcher, you should read all the complaints or bad reviews. To get a well rounded point of view. Even your ridiculous, self rightious opinion is welcome.

soupson.gif

Preperation, the first law to survival.

39197_400.jpg

you call me self righteous and then you say

quote:
Even your ridiculous, self rightious opinion is welcome.

there ya go.

What I'm saying is I enjoy all forms of caching, those of you who want to pass judgement on other cachers seem a bit more self righteous to me.

But hey, I'd even log one of your caches. No matter if even you think it's lame.

The first cache I placed was an urban virtual that I found interesting, but wasn't sure anyone else would. I figured I'd archive it when few people found it. I've been quite surprised to be getting logs and e-mails from some pretty seasoned geocachers thanking me for showing them something they didn't know. Since then I've set other virtuals and have been similar reactions. I am, however, working on designing a "real" cache that will be a virtual, puzzle, maze, photo with an ammo box at the end.

Be Seeing You!

I have done several virtuals and recently have tried a few locationless. The locationless ones didn't really do anything for me, but hey, I gave it a fair shot...

Virtuals on the other hand have proven very valuable. My son and I recently did one located in Antietam battlefield in MD and he learned a great deal from that cache. good virtual cache

He's learned about forts, covered bridges, the civil war, etc...from caching. Not that I can't teach him that on my own, but seeing something makes history that much more exciting when it's something new to you.

I have learned a great deal from reading the cache logs also. Example: I didn't know where PeeWee Reese was from until I read the baseball cache. Not that it has changed my life knowing that information, but it was something new to me and I enjoy that. I've learned some really neat things from other logs too, but I won't go into them...I'm sure you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

Personally, I would love to see more log-only caches. You find the box, sign your name, end of hunt, but that wouldn't make it as fun for the kids, who seem to be the main recipients of most of the cache "treasures" in our area.

Well, you are picky. I like caches. It's nice to have a mix of simple, easy, hard, short hikes, long hikes and all that. I do have my favorites and I do have the ones I don't like. The ones I don't like are where you have to pay to get there or get in. But thats my opinion. The "Ignore this cache" option would be the best solution for those who want to only look at the nearest caches that interest them. I'd like the "Don't show me the ones I found option also" But I'd like to see them too at times.

Isn't it amazing that we spend so much time arguing about how we wish others just saw things the way we did?

Do what you want to do and leave others to do the same!

Don't you think? I mean, come on, you have to work pretty hard just to get a LIST of locationless caches!

Charlie

"One should never begin a journey by heading in the wrong direction."

I totally agree with you Lars. I guess my only wish is that others wouldn't care what others think. That we'd just go about our caching without concerns that someone is putting out lame ones, or ones that are too easy. Or too close.

Let's just put them out and all we have to do is be very honest in our descriptions about what type of cache it is. That way picky cachers can just avoid the easy/lame/too close caches.

Or maybe Jeremy can give them an ignore button since it seems to be too big an effort to click NEXT on their cache page.

Here's an idea! If we all don't get along and disagree on what we say on the Forum and so forth, then maybe we should just get out there and do what we like to do - that being Geocaching. Never mind arguing on these forums. Arguing around the point of being a picky cacher seems rather simple and closed minded - I say this after I myself posted a reply to this!! haha see ya later. I'm going GEOCACHING!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by LarsThorwald:

Don't you think? I mean, come on, you have to work pretty hard just to get a LIST of locationless caches!

No, it's not that hard to get a list, you just click the button (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?LTYPE=12)

Anyways, I wasn't expecting people to argue about this, I was just curious if there was other people out there who didn't really like all of the locationless, virtual caches. I mean, yeah, they may bring you to a nice area, but why not take the time to find somewhere around that area to hide a cache?

That whole deal with the "historical marker" locationless cache is kind of what I'm talking about. That just doesn't seem to be Geocaching in my opinion. I can drive down Highway 101 and see dozens of those Historical markers, but that doesn't have to do with caching. Why not make it like the series of caches done by, ummm...Fractal I think, called the "Oregon History Lessons". He took the time to go and find somewhere near these History Markers to hide a cache, and after we found that, we went ahead and read about the place.

I'm not telling anyone how to place thier caches or what they should like or not like, for the THIRD time, I was just curious to see if anyone else liked to just hunt for the caches with an actual container of some sorts at the end. There's no need to get all defensive or anything.

The theme of the original post is one that I can sympathize with. I too am uninterested in virtual caches and would be much more excited to go after a cache which is real. Partly as a reward for going out and hiking in 100 degree weather and partly to see what other people leave in the caches. I think its part of the fun, and I get less fun from the others. The one exception was the "Where's in a name" cache which prompted me to connect with some Australian Geocachers (kind of fun to collaborate with people so far away.)

The point isn't that one view is better than another, its that in an area with many of a type that you aren't interested in, the cache list is less helpful. I agree that we should investigate whether in the preferences, we could turn off lists of virtual caches.

FWIW

I hide microcaches near historical markers for precisely the reason you suggest, but some markers are in locations where there simply are no good places to put caches nearby, not even microcaches -- which is why my first cache is a virtual multicache.

And while you can 'see' hundreds of historical markers going down 101, you don't really get to experience them that way.

As I've already mentioned in this thread, one of my favorite logs on my virtual cache is from a guy who road his bike past the first sign every day but had never noticed it.

Tastes vary, and you don't like the part of geocaching that involves the finder being the one to locate the object rather than the placer. That's OK, but just because it doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it's not a good part of the hobby -- it definitely appeals to others.

I have three locationless caches, one virtual cache, three microcaches, and one regular cache -- and that's the order they get visited in, from most often to least.

While the most noise in the forums seems to be against locationless and virtual caches, the most traffic seems to be to them, so they're pretty popular with the people finding caches, even if they're not popular with the people talking about them.

quote:
Originally posted by White Rabbit:

That whole deal with the "historical marker" locationless cache is kind of what I'm talking about. That just doesn't seem to be Geocaching in my opinion. I can drive down Highway 101 and see dozens of those Historical markers, but that doesn't have to do with caching. Why not make it like the series of caches done by, ummm...Fractal I think, called the "Oregon History Lessons". He took the time to go and find somewhere near these History Markers to hide a cache, and after we found that, we went ahead and read about the place.

I'm not telling anyone how to place thier caches or what they should like or not like, for the THIRD time, I was just curious to see if anyone else liked to just hunt for the caches with an actual container of some sorts at the end. There's no need to get all defensive or anything.

http://www.iinet.net.au/~rabbit/rabpics/buneatg.gif _I am the Rabbit King, I can do anything_

quote:
Originally posted by Fouts:

I hide microcaches near historical markers for precisely the reason you suggest, but some markers are in locations where there simply are no good places to put caches nearby, not even microcaches -- which is why my first cache is a virtual multicache.

If it's a virtual "multicache" why not just lead them to a final destination with clues from the first parts of it. Most multicaches span a wide area and pass by many places to hide at least a micro-cache

quote:

...Tastes vary, and you don't like the part of geocaching that involves the finder being the one to locate the object rather than the placer. That's OK, but just because it doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it's not a good part of the hobby -- it definitely appeals to others.

I never said they didn't appeal to others, for the FOURTH time, I was just wondering how many people out there feel the way about these caches as I do

quote:

I have three locationless caches, one virtual cache, three microcaches, and one regular cache -- and that's the order they get visited in, from most often to least.

This is exactly my point. Of course the locationless caches are going to be the 'most visited' (even though you don't visit them) because they're usually pretty simple, drive around town and find this, take a picture, upload it to your computer. Virtual caches are the second easiest to find (hence being the second most visited) because you don't have to really find anything, just leads you to a place where you may have to find a number or answer to a question. And unfortunately, the 'regular' cache, which in my opinion are the best ones, are last on the list because too many people are placing these locationless and virtual caches nowadays, that a regular cache is getting more uncommon.

quote:

While the most noise in the forums seems to be against locationless and virtual caches, the most traffic seems to be to them, so they're pretty popular with the people finding caches, even if they're not popular with the people talking about them.

Again, of course they're popular, they're usually drop dead simple (there ARE exceptions). I'm pretty sure that when we go on our vacation next month I could do a dozen or so of the locationless caches WITHOUT leaving my car and NOT HAVING TO FOLLOW MY GPS ANYWHERE! Which isn't really Geocaching if you ask me.

quote:

quote:
I could do a dozen or so of the locationless caches WITHOUT leaving my car and NOT HAVING TO FOLLOW MY GPS ANYWHERE! Which isn't really Geocaching if you ask me.

Ok, who asked him? I didn't.

Wasnt' Me!!!

Byron

quote:

Ok, who asked him? I didn't.

Ummm...well, I guess I may have asked myself, but I was also replying to some of the other posts on the topic. If you actually read the topic before you posted that reply, you would've found out that this topic was about locationless caches (and others of the sort) and I was trying to see if anyone else felt the same way about them as me. Why even waste your time to write that reply? Are you proving a point of some sorts? No matter, I was just making conversation, sorry if I didn't get your permission first icon_rolleyes.gif

Hasn't this topic been rehashed in 1000 different threads?

Frankly, the wording of your initial post disturbs me. You presented yourself in a way that begged other people to attack you.

You also insinuated that people who like locationless caches (or any virtual caches) are somewhat less of a cacher than you.

In my opinion, you have more than your share of nerve to take offense when people attack you after you insult them.

You know what? Since nobody can quiet grasp the fact that I'm just asking a simple question, I guess I'll go back to hiding and just browse through the boards every once in awhile.

It's a SIMPLE question. I just wanted to know if anyone else preferred the 'traditional' find the ammo box type caches over these ever growingly popular locationless or even virtual caches. You don't have to tell me 'other people may like them and they're popular so just ignore them' or whatever else you have to say, I'm not trying to banish them from Geocaching or anything. I just wanted to know if others I figured that this board was full of intelligent people (which I'm still sure it is) who would understand the question. I in no way said we were better cachers than anyone else or anything. I hate how some people can twist your words around to make it sound like you're being an @ss. I mean dang, we've only found like 40 caches, it's not like we're professionals or anything.

For the FIFTH and FINAL time, this topic was not supposed to draw contreversy or anything, that's what the responders turned it into. I was just wondering who felt the same way about caching as I do (thanks to those who answered the actual question).

quote:
I really don't like the list of "caches near you" being filled up with silly virtua caches

So what we do is silly?

quote:
Why even waste your time to write that reply? Are you proving a point of some sorts? No matter, I was just making conversation, sorry if I didn't get your permission first
You asked for opinions, you'll get them every time.

quote:
for the FOURTH time, I was just wondering how many people out there feel the way about these caches as I do
I think you didn't get the answer you wanted.

quote:
You know what? Since nobody can quiet grasp the fact that I'm just asking a simple question
keep insulting us, we'll change our minds

quote:
I figured that this board was full of intelligent people (which I'm still sure it is) who would understand the question.
We thought maybe you'd understand the answers

quote:

We thought maybe you'd understand the answers

Of course I understand the answers that were given. Most of the answers given were just saying (in one way or another) I should ignore them. That's not an answer to my question. A simple yes or no would've been fine. I'm not going to write my question out again.

Yes or no doesn't really answer your question.

How about 'sometimes, but not always'. For instance, if I am out-of-town and have a few extra hours, I would rather do some virtual, locationless, or micro caches than go hiking for a box.

Also, I think you would have gotten answers easier if you had done a simple search. I bet you could even have found threads that agree with you.

Allright!

You'all are just forcing me into some joviality (Marked by hearty conviviality and good cheer) in this thread, aren't you!

Shoot fire, I'll bet you ran this whole gamult just to git me to post some silliness to yer dad-blasted childish arguin' - AIN'TCHA!

OK, you asked fer it (meybe...)

=================================================

Don't all of you realize that the purpose of these discussion threads is NOT to learn, nor to spread knowledge, nor to express yourself, nor to start witty (or witless) arguments... but to ENTERTAIN!

May I explain "entertain"?

------------------------------------------------

en·ter·tain Pronunciation Key (ntr-tn)

v. en·ter·tained, en·ter·tain·ing, en·ter·tains

v. tr.

1.) To hold the attention of with something amusing or diverting. See Synonyms at amuse.

2.) To extend hospitality toward: entertain friends at dinner.

3.) To consider; contemplate: entertain an idea.

4.) To hold in mind; harbor: entertained few illusions.

5.) Archaic. To continue with; maintain.

6.) Obsolete. To employ; hire.

7.) To give admittance to; receive.

v. intr.

8.) To show hospitality to guests.

9.) To provide entertainment.

------------------------------------------------

(numbers are mine...)

I'm talkin' 'bout 1 & 2, and you guys think the purpose must be 3 thru 5.

If you'll notice, the stinkin' word is French (in origin) and you know how rude the French are.

Now, if you guys and gals don't start "entertaining" me (as in #1 and #2) then I am gonna git powerful funny and drag your stinkin' thread in nine cardinal directions at onceth! ('N I'm just the guy that kin git 'er dun!)

Now, all ya'll know that I only slither around in these threads to "entertain" and to make everybody think I am great and wanna be like me and send me money and be my bestest friend and when I git famous to remember all 'bout the good 'ol days before I forgot all about you lowly sub-cultural pee-ons and... wait, I digress!

So, stop yer bickerin' and git me some entertainment in this thread! Rat now!!

--majicman

(Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!)

quote:
Originally posted by Acceptable Risk:

quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:

We also have a webcam cache and at some point will do it also.

Forgive my ignorance, but exactly is a "webcam cache"?

http://www.acceptable-risk.com/images/geosig.jpg

Contents Under Pressure...

I just noticed your reply with a question...

Here is an example of a webcam cache that I intend to do one of these days Howell Webcam by Lone Rangers

Rusty...

Rusty & Libby's Geocache Page

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

So, stop yer bickerin' and git me some entertainment in this thread! Rat now!!

I don't know what you're talking about. It seems pretty entertaining to me. As if it's not entertaining enough already, I'll throw in an entertaining smiley just for you icon_razz.gif