WHY...

sept1c_tank

That stat is there so you can tell who the smartest Geocachers are. I have always believed that if a poster here has more than 696 posts, then he/she must have a much higher than average level of intelligence.

Is it fair to presume that all those who have so far posted to this thread agree with me?

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.

O.K. , new theory: 696 posts is indicative of the pinnacal of intelligence. From that point intelligence suffers an exponential rate of decay. Ooohhh I can feel it - I'm getting dumber with every post......

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.

quote:
Originally posted by seneca:

That stat is there so you can tell who the smartest Geocachers are. I have always believed that if a poster here has more than 696 posts, then he/she must have a much higher than average level of intelligence.

Is it fair to presume that all those who have so far posted to this thread agree with me?

_I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me._

Is this a moving statistic. It looks like we're up to 699 now icon_biggrin.gif

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. The rest go geocaching.

quote:

Wow dat makes me the Albert Eisenhower of geocaching!

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

quote:

O.K. , new theory: 696 posts is indicative of the pinnacal of intelligence. From that point intelligence suffers an exponential rate of decay. Ooohhh I can feel it - I'm getting dumber with every post......

One thing to look forward to. All stupid people live under the delusion that everyone else is stupid. No matter how stupid everything they say might be. Everyone else is stupid because they don't understand or agree with what they say.

I work in a prison. You have no idea the stupid things I've heard. It could make you lose hope for humanity.

rolleyes.gif

quote:

At least I have something to look forward to.

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

Why...if stats are not important, does Groundspeak list the number

of posts we make, as a standard, at the bottom of each post?

===============_"If it feels good...do it"_================

**_(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")_**

More importantly -- they list your number of cache finds every time you log a find on a cache page.

quote:
Originally posted by hikemeister:

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

Why...if stats are not important, does Groundspeak list the number

of posts we make, as a standard, at the bottom of each post?

Seems that with the new profiles showing totals again this is a moot point

===============_"If it feels good...do it"_================

**_(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")_**

More importantly -- they list your number of cache finds every time you log a find on a cache page.

Lackey to the QOFE

tongue.gif The Frog is my friend big_smile.gif

Je voudrais un poney

Leatherman wrote:

quote:
I work in a prison. You have no idea the stupid things I've heard. It could make you lose hope for humanity.

That's probably why they're in prison. I hear some pretty stupid stuff where I work. I'll trade you some of my employees for some of your prisoners.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I put the Jeep in 4-wheel low and left the roads behind!

There's a fine line between Geocaching and mental illness, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Leatherman wrote:

quote:

That's probably why they're in prison. I hear some pretty stupid stuff where I work too!

I'll trade you some of my employees for some of your prisoners!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I put the Jeep in 4-wheel low and left the roads behind!

There's a fine line between Geocaching and mental illness, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!