Term for "I never would have found/visited but for Geocaching"

pkpaul

I need a shortcut term for when posting that says "I never would have visited or found this place/park/cache without Geocaching". I find myself and others writing this phrase so often that I/we need a shortcut/acronym that means the same thing.

I propose GeoDitto or GeoDittos.

Any other ideas?

PKPaul

C'mon! Go ahead, take the time and write it out. We already have too many acronyms in this world. Savor the moment. Let taking the time to compose a well-thought out log, describing the moment and the scenery, be the last part of your caching experience. Don't just stop at "I never would have visited....., either. Tell WHY you're glad Geocaching brought you to the spot.

Visit the Mississippi Geocaching Forum at

http://pub98.ezboard.com/bgeocachingms

Here in Austin we use "Yet another park I didn't know about!"

Lou

quote:
Originally posted by pkpaul:

I need a shortcut term for when posting that says "I never would have visited or found this place/park/cache without Geocaching". I find myself and others writing this phrase so often that I/we need a shortcut/acronym that means the same thing.

Any other ideas?

PKPaul

Geogotcha - for when you couldn't find the cache. Geoxstacy - for when you find the cache. Geowhoop to describe the noises usually uttered upon finding the cache. Geowarble - for when you loose your GPSR signal in the bush. Geomachos - for cachers who do more than 10 caches in a single day. Geocommando - for when you have to bushwhack because you missed a critical turn. Geojitters - for when you realize you just Geocommandoed into the middle of a field with a huge nasty bull. WAASed - for when you forgot to turn it (WAAS) off when experiencing geowarble, and now the batteries have failed. WayDense - for when you realize that you forgot to waypoint the vehicle before striding off into the heavy woods at 7pm with no flashlight. Geolint - for things you did not intend to pick up along the way such as ticks, burrs, poison ivy, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by RB_Nielsen:

Geogotcha - for when you couldn't find the cache. Geoxstacy - for when you find the cache. Geowhoop to describe the noises usually uttered upon finding the cache. Geowarble - for when you loose your GPSR signal in the bush. Geomachos - for cachers who do more than 10 caches in a single day. Geocommando - for when you have to bushwhack because you missed a critical turn. Geojitters - for when you realize you just Geocommandoed into the middle of a field with a huge nasty bull. WAASed - for when you forgot to turn it (WAAS) off when experiencing geowarble, and now the batteries have failed. WayDense - for when you realize that you forgot to waypoint the vehicle before striding off into the heavy woods at 7pm with no flashlight. Geolint - for things you did not intend to pick up along the way such as ticks, burrs, poison ivy, etc.

Excellent! Think I'll use them in my next few logs.

quote:
Originally posted by pkpaul:

Any other ideas?

PKPaul

You can say that the site was a GeoPremo experience. Suggesting high quality or premium.

"When you find it, its always in the last place you look."