The Last Cache Event

With the talk in another thread about the ultimate death of the universe I was thinking.

When all the stars burn out and we are left cold and dark and when all the galaxies collapse in on themselves into a huge black hole and then when it all explodes again in a new big bang, we could all log that as the last event cache of this unverse.

See you all on the other side for the first event cache of the new universe.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

With the talk in another thread about the ultimate death of the universe I was thinking.

When all the stars burn out and we are left cold and dark and when all the galaxies collapse in on themselves into a huge black hole and then when it all explodes again in a new big bang, we could all log that as the last event cache of this unverse.

See you all on the other side for the first event cache of the new universe.

But didn't Stephen Hawking work out that there wasn't enough matter in the universe to cause an eventual collapse?

I'm with the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on this one. The Guide says:

If we discover what the universe is and what its for then it will be instantly destroyed and replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

The second theory is that this has already happened.

I guess that second one explains my existance.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

quote:

I guess that will be the only way to get rid of all the lame caches.

19973_600.gif

The adventures of Navdog, Justdog, and Otterpup

quote:
Long before the end of the universe, the Sun will explode and give everyone a very bad sunburn. At that point, no one will exist to worry about the end of the universe, endless dark expansion or Big Crunch.

But by then there could be geocachers on planets outside our solar system. Imagine interplanetary geocaching!

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Shoebox:

Long before the end of the universe, the Sun will explode and give everyone a very bad sunburn. At that point, no one will exist to worry about the end of the universe, endless dark expansion or Big Crunch.

So we all get an instant George Hamilton tan and eat Big Crunch bars...life is good.

quote:

even Einstein thought there was something more

I'm not about to take the time to look it up, but I'm pretty sure that he is one of the few scientists to come right out and say that the something more could be God.

I'm agnostic, but that's cool with me. I don't believe in defining the undefinable. Scientists get lynched by their peers in this day and age for saying such things.

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

even Einstein thought there was something more

Originally posted by Snoogans:

Scientists get lynched by their peers in this day and age for saying such things.

WARNING: TANGENT (not coming back full circle)

Would it be inaccurate to say that those who say such things, aren't strictly scientists, and are those who have found some balance between idealism and realism.

I know that in the past, mathematicians had trouble in working the inherent logical erros in their theories...and there was a lot of debate among them about which logic is best and which has the least inconsistencies...all while math was being used in practical ways, despite the theoretical inconsistencies. SO they continually changed their premises, and made new ones to account for the new uses of math. Eventually, I think, every science goes through this, only at different times.

The reality is only discovered as you go along, and therefore, so must your interpretation of it. It is a cycle of discovery, theory, discovery, theory...but some people forget that most of the time, the theory must reflect the change in your discovery of reality.

I have caught myself doing this only once icon_rolleyes.gif, and never since (I hope!!). When I did, it didn't last long, because things didn't make sense any longer.

Kanto

templelogo.gif

Temple Kung Fu

"If you know about truth, tell me of it. If not, then I will search with you, together, in order to find it."

-Grandmaster Simon

quote:

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/astronomy/bigbang_alternative_010413-1.html

That article was awesome !

What I found most encouraging (other than the theory), was the attitude of the theorists behind it:

As a final remark, we feel that it is important to realize that Inflationary theory is based on Quantum Field theory, a well-established theoretical framework, and the model has been carefully studied and vetted for 20 years. Our proposal is based on unproven ideas in String theory and is brand new. While we appreciate the enthusiasm and interest with which the paper has been received, we would suggest some patience before promulgating these ideas in order to leave time for us to produce some follow-up papers that introduce additional elements and to allow fellow theorists time for criticism and sober judgment.

How is that for responsible theorizing and publishing?

NEW POINT:

I am saying Einstein, was more than a scientist.

I do drive, just no car. icon_wink.gif

Kanto

templelogo.gif

Temple Kung Fu

"If you know about truth, tell me of it. If not, then I will search with you, together, in order to find it."

-Grandmaster Simon

Somebody tell me where I got this from because the source is escaping me at this moment:

"The universe is not only strange. It is stranger than anyone will ever comprehend."

Doh!!! This is killin me...........

quote:

Somebody tell me where I got this from because the source is escaping me at this moment:

"The universe is not only strange. It is stranger than anyone will ever comprehend."

Doh!!! This is killin me...........

http://www.texasgeocaching.comThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

Start a thread devoted to guessing tag lines.

Kanto,

Einstein was looking for the Unified Theory to cover the holes in relativity. Or maybe it wasn't so much the holes in relativity, but that relativity wasn't enough.

He never found it. The reason I said he know there was something more was that I wasn't sure about what he called it. I'm still not sure he called it the unified theory.

Bonus cache. "The Other Side" Location, the other side of the edge of the universe. Send photo's when you find it.