Most difficult cache ever?

Guest Lord_Pall

Guest Markwell

I would guess that you'd have to get a list of "the most difficult caches I've ever visited." There are so many variables involved from cache to cache that comparison is problematic. Difficult due to difficulty? Difficult due to impossible terrain? And what is difficult for some is not for others... blah, blah, blah.

How about altering this thread to "what's the most difficult cache hunt (either terrain or difficulty or both) that you've ever been on?" and we hear people's individual stories...

Mine was a tossup between Hawg mostly because I was completely unprepared for the difficulty of the terrain, and Saw Wee Kee because of my inexperience as a Geocacher and Navigator at the time.

Hawg had much more bouldering than I thought, and I took my newbie wife on her first cache hunt. She freaked since we were wearing Adidas and had no walking stick.

Saw Wee Kee has probably one of the most twisting set of trails I have ever trod upon, and ultimately I was disoriented and lost. I eventually found my way out by travelling north by keeping the sun on my left (I had no compass). The terrain was not too terrible - a little hilly - but finding the right path in that maze of trails was definitely worth making this one of my most difficult ones.

Then again - I'm not a mountaineer or scuba diver. I'm sure there are MUCH more difficult caches out there...

Anyone else?

[This message has been edited by Markwell (edited 10 August 2001).]