Permanent Bickering Place

Kanto

For those who are caught somehow in bickering or some type of argument (whether the tone is happy or surly or sarcastically whatever...)

AND for those who care not to witness such things interrupting their more relevant topics, please let this poll be the humble beginnings of a resolution...or not. icon_smile.gif

QUESTION:

Would you like the geocaching.com site to provide a permanent bickering place for those to take their arguments elsewhere?

Thanks!

Kanto

A member since Sunday July 13 with zero finds and hides..... we have topics about these types.

If you don't like the bickering, close your eyes, you aren't forced to read it. This of course presumes there IS bickering. Does your 4 days on the site really mean you know all about these forums?

I am not a fan of promoting *bickering* on this site by giving it a permanent place. Should people want to debate or even hotly argue over a topic relevent to geocaching, then they can do that in the thread devoted to the topic. But *bickering* in general is not the puporse of this forum. I would hope that threads started for the sole purpose of having arguments unrelated to caching would get locked.

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Originally posted by canadazuuk:

From your profile:

_Think a little while, then go out and DO IT !!_

Kanto, how long are you going to think? Are you trying to remember who you really are?

My answer to this, is found in this thread, in the relevant forum.

Kanto

quote:
Originally posted by Prime Suspect:

A permanent bickering place? To that, I can only say:

http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=2016058331&m=68160707

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/3608_2800.gif

_"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."_

Cool idea to post stuff there. But anyway, I'm going out to hunt a cache or two. I've spent the last few weeks preparing hides, and taking tips to hide some 'different' caches.

It will not fly. If Jeremy & the group see it has gotten harmful it will be pulled. Some find the bickering amusing, Some like to partake, some disdain it, and others get upset by it. It is not (the users) our right to say what is wrong with a thread but to state our opinions, some more emphatic than others. It IS the right of the site to freeze and lock it and if they do not see fit to do it then hit the back button. It is a free site to the reader and the author and they control and can lose control of their emotions. They will be judged by their peers whether wrongly or rightly as this is another emotion of human nature. I say No way having an argumment area is like having a penalty box in Hockey that is shared by both individuals that were just pulled apart fighting on the ice. Not a good idea. Just my two cents which with the state of the economy is about .80 cents. icon_smile.gif

Wags, Russ & Erin

Some threads turning into bickering. Some don't. It's a mix. Forums are where you are supposed to mix it up. If it gets out of hand then the thread is shut down by the moderator.

Some of the bickering is very appropriate to geocaching. This sport does cause controversy and there are turf wars that have to take place to find the overall balance.

Geocaching is new, it's bigger (or will be) than most of the toes it's stepping on. There will be growing pains. Where better to work through them than the forums.

Man this would be a boring place if all we ever discussed was "What GPS should I get"

MaxEntropy (who I've disagreed with before) makes a good point.