Here and abroad--pray for our country

Guest celts

Guest nlazarus

In light of this terrible tragedy I hope that everyone will remmeber througout the country people and government will be on hieghtened alert for strange objects. Please make sure that all of your caches are clearly marked on the exterior of the cache, include the website. For those of you who are planning new caches, please consider asking for permission.

Guest Iron Chef

...I can't even speak. This is all too much. It makes you realize just how fragile we are.

I don't know about others here, but I watched live on NBC as the second World Trade Center collapsed knowing full well that many of my friends worked on the upper floors of that building. I most likely watched them die just now. I'll be changed forever.

I don't know what to say. Sorry for rambling, this is my way of coping with it all.

-Iron Chef

[This message has been edited by Iron Chef (edited 11 September 2001).]

Guest c.mathis

quote:
Originally posted by prv8eye:

Kind of makes you long for the old days when the CIA would have taken out Bin Ladden/Kadafi/Sadam/Arafat BEFORE they could cause humanity all this pain.

This recent act may change our covert polices.

Here's to the good old days!

Oklahoma City was thought of as a terrorist attack from outside the country for a while. It could be anything at this point.

The world where communication is instant and data is constant, any agency would be hard pressed to keep their ears to the ground and pick up on things.

It is a horrible thing beyond words, and a pointless and cowardish attack on innocent people. Words fail me.

Jeremy

Guest ManuelCasi

Jeremy could you please but a yellow ribbon or a flag at half staff. Something on the main page to show all of our heart felt concerns for the friends and families of the victims. GOD BLESS AMERICA and all country's free.

Guest badbitbucket

floors of that building. I most likely watched them die just now. I'll be changed forever.

I don't know what to say. Sorry for rambling, this is my way of coping with it all.

-Iron Chef

I wish there was something to say... my prayers for you and thier families.

Guest badbitbucket

I have told a few of my freinds this morning, "I cannot put words to my outrage".

I rarely get frazzled over so-called remote tragedies, but this one doesn't seem remote. This one feels like it happened "at home". I am frightened by it, and I cannot get anything done today.

God, please help the world bring this group to justice.

-CK

As I have sat transfixed in front of my television today, unable to comprehend the horrific pictures that will forever be a part of our national heritage, I somehow have been comforted in my knowlege that the other people who post on these boards feel, and can express, the same sense of grief and outrage that I feel--and the utter sense of loss. I wish we could all do the same for our injured country. Linda

Guest cache_ninja

things are really insane here...i wasnt too far away when it started...please if you are in the area, or even arent, and know you are o+, donate some blood, we especially need o+...

All I can think of is a quote from Babylon 5: The Gathering:

"Plain old human stubbornness, I guess. When something we value is destroyed, we rebuild it. If it's destroyed again we rebuild it again. And again, and again, and again. Until it stays. That, as our poet Tennyson once said, is the goal, 'To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.'"

- Sinclair

mad.gif There are no words to express my outrage and saddness at the tragedy we all are witnessing. I take solice in the fact that even though this great nation of ours has been brought to our knees we will once again stand tall and proud. And once we are back on our feet the perpetrators of this dastardly deed will feel the full rath of the American peoples. May they burn in hell!!!!!!!
Guest DenaliNW

I have found myself meditating on these words from Psalm 46 through out the day, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear . . . Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge."

Guest Cisupete

Words seem to fail me when I try to speak to fellow Americans - or to God.

I recall a time from childhood. I was maybe 3 or 4 years old, and my entire family was coming home from church in the old station wagon. A few miles from home, we were caught in a raging midwestern tornado. Sitting on my mother's lap, I said, "Mama, you better tell God", and she responded, "Honey, I think He already knows".

I guess we all need to KNOW that He knows, and is with us all.

Guest bunkerdave

I don't want to give a sermon, but I pray a lot.

I once heard someone say that "even if our prayers don't change things for us, they change US for THINGS."

It is true that often we might pray and the answer is simply "no." But there can be no arguing that this simple act of faith has a profound effect on our attitude and emotional strength. I know that these events have affected me in a way that no other event that did not involve me personally, or any loved ones, as far as I know, ever has. I can certainly use all the strength I can get.

As I read the support for our saddened nation on this board and the Moment of Silence board, I know the pain that is in all our hearts--the silence truly is deafening as I read the nearly "silent" support given by all those who posted. I'm proud to be in your company and proud indeed to be an American.