Friends of Bill

Here in Hollywood, Friends of Bill is a club for networking and meeting dates. I bet it serves a similar purpose in your town. I have many friends that became FOB because it was trendy. I don't mean to downplay the real purpose of being a FOB. Also, in West Hollywood, (San Francisco, too) they have many Friends of Dorothy. I guess it is a Judy Garland joke. Confused yet? icon_wink.gif

Half my life is spent explaining to Christians why I am a deadhead. The other half is spent explaining to deadheads why I am a Christian.

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com

Here in Hollywood, Friends of Bill is a club for networking and meeting dates. I bet it serves a similar purpose in your town. I have many friends that became FOB because it was trendy. I don't mean to downplay the real purpose of being a FOB. Also, in West Hollywood, (San Francisco, too) they have many Friends of Dorothy. I guess it is a Judy Garland joke. Confused yet? icon_wink.gif

Half my life is spent explaining to Christians why I am a deadhead. The other half is spent explaining to deadheads why I am a Christian.

Jeremy ... that's just plain scary icon_eek.gif

But not to be out done ... here's one from a recent GEO-HOG Membership drive icon_biggrin.gif

348_3002.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

Jeremy ... that's just plain scary icon_eek.gif

But not to be out done ... here's one from a recent GEO-HOG Membership drive icon_biggrin.gif

348_3002.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

I havent been to a meeting for twenty years but we're still friends. I think geocaching is more a family type affair. I'm shure you could find many friends who could easly become addicted to Geocaching.

The Heavenly Host: Dont be so quick to judge lest ye be judged. KAVUDAY Profile says he he has a duughter with his Fiancee. I dont think that is possible with someone he would have met at your California friend Place.

[This message was edited by MACpa on May 26, 2002 at 04:53 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by MACpa:

The Heavenly Host: Dont be so quick to judge lest ye be judged. KAVUDAY Profile says he he has a duughter with his Fiancee. I dont think that is possible with someone he would have met at your California friend Place.

[This message was edited by MACpa on May 26, 2002 at 04:53 AM.]

I wasn't judging Kavuday nor Bill's actual friends. Only the people who pretend to know Bill just to meet girls. As a side note, you do see that your asking me to 'not judge' is self refuting, as you are 'judging my judging'. It is OK to judge. We do so every time we make a decision. We judge what would be the better choice. We should not judge self-righteously, or hypocritically, though.

Whew...not alone anywhere, very cool Pepper. Just over 3 yrs for myself. Bill is the shiznit. icon_biggrin.gif

MACpa

quote:
I think geocaching is more a family type affair. I'm shure you could find many friends who could easly become addicted to Geocaching.

Actually, this was just a question out of curiosity, no other reason.

The Heavenly Host

quote:
I wasn't judging Kavuday nor Bill's actual friends. Only the people who pretend to know Bill just to meet girls.

LMAO...Where did that come from. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Do you even know what you are talking about?

Put pithy sig here

Whew...not alone anywhere, very cool Pepper. Just over 3 yrs for myself. Bill is the shiznit. icon_biggrin.gif

MACpa

quote:
I think geocaching is more a family type affair. I'm shure you could find many friends who could easly become addicted to Geocaching.

Actually, this was just a question out of curiosity, no other reason.

The Heavenly Host

quote:
I wasn't judging Kavuday nor Bill's actual friends. Only the people who pretend to know Bill just to meet girls.

LMAO...Where did that come from. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Do you even know what you are talking about?

Put pithy sig here

Yes, Kavuday. You asked if anyone was a friend of Bill. I was making conversation by explaining my experience with Bill's friends here in Los Angeles. I do know what it is. And, if you were not explaining in detail what it meant, I was not going to either. My friendly (I thought) addition to the thread got misinterpreted as a judgement against anyone who is a FOB. I did not intend that at all. I just wanted to brag that I knew what you meant, all the while not giving it away. Now that that is clear (I think), let's start over. Hello. Nice to meet you. I have not met Bill myself, but I do know Normie. Many of my friends are friends of Bill. But, I guess we are all friends of Jeremy now. Ha ha. Take care. icon_wink.gif

Yes, Kavuday. You asked if anyone was a friend of Bill. I was making conversation by explaining my experience with Bill's friends here in Los Angeles. I do know what it is. And, if you were not explaining in detail what it meant, I was not going to either. My friendly (I thought) addition to the thread got misinterpreted as a judgement against anyone who is a FOB. I did not intend that at all. I just wanted to brag that I knew what you meant, all the while not giving it away. Now that that is clear (I think), let's start over. Hello. Nice to meet you. I have not met Bill myself, but I do know Normie. Many of my friends are friends of Bill. But, I guess we are all friends of Jeremy now. Ha ha. Take care. icon_wink.gif

Why all the secrecy and code talk? Surely everyone knows who Bill W is, I mean, the bumper stickers, "I'm a friend of Bill W." "one day at a time" "easy does it" heck I believe E.R. even dropped Bill W.'s name durring the episodes in which they dealt with Dr. Carters Drug addiction, and Abbey's alcoholism. But for those who may be out of the loop....if you are a friend of Bill, you are a member of A.A., I think N.A. qualifies as well. Me, no, I'm not. I have had friends who were. Anyway, I understood what Heavenly Host was getting at, as one of my friends (a female) talked about the meetings and dances and so forth and the guys who seemed to be there just to hit on the ladies that were in attendance. Considering many A.A. chapters have dances and other social functions, the assertment is not completely without merit, even if a little tongue in cheeck.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.