First geocaching computer game?

Gustaf

Now you can practice geocaching at home, with the Geocaching simulator.

The simulator is in Swedish, but all the Swedish you need to know is Karta=Map and Navigering=Navigation.

Click on the picture and use the arrow keys to move. I have found cache 1-4, but not the last one.

[This message was edited by Gustaf on July 20, 2003 at 05:20 AM.]

Uff da! I have no way to escape from geocaching now... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Time to chill out at the Ice Hotel

canadazuuk

Maybe the sign says "Stop Stepping on Our Frogs!"

Neat little game. I'm guessing the location of the last one has something to do with the actual cache# GC55A5, but we'll have to find someone to translate for us.

Maybe they could work some kind of time limit into the game to give it a little more challenge. Or maybe some kind of obstacles, like ticks or nettles or disgruntled land owners. icon_wink.gif

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

quote:
Originally posted by Divine:

quote:
Originally posted by Tower247:

Could someone translate the sign?

It tells you to go 'search in the nature'.

Yeah, I think it means that it's now time to go find a real cache. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

After checking the location and checking my wallet, I won't be logging this cache anytime soon! Can't read the sign anyway! The Swedish version is more fun!

Maps?!? I don't need no stinking maps! I got coordinates!

There's a fine line between Geocaching and mental illness, I just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

[This message was edited by Woodbutcher68 on July 22, 2003 at 05:36 PM.]

[This message was edited by Woodbutcher68 on July 22, 2003 at 05:37 PM.]

[This message was edited by Woodbutcher68 on July 22, 2003 at 05:37 PM.]

Well. The response on our Geocache-simulator is very flattering! But the English version was not ready yet! icon_confused.gifNo one where suppose to find it – yet. I hope you had a god laugh at our English – we cannot spell or create a proper sentence structure. The simulator was placed on the internet for beta-testing and to be proofread. Now the English version is working, but the spelling is not yet corrected.

Swedish version:

http://www.hyrspel.se/geocache/gpscache.html

English version:

http://www.hyrspel.se/geocache/eng/gpscache_eng.html

icon_smile.gifHave fun!!!

Regards Per-Anders (programmer & distributor & a Geocacher)

[This message was edited by Stenebo on July 24, 2003 at 05:02 PM.]

Originally posted by Stenebo:

English version:

http://www.hyrspel.se/geocache/eng/gpscache_eng.html

icon_smile.gifHave fun!!!

I found them all! And your English really isn't that bad at all.

I think that the frogs should jump when I step on them though, or at least croak or complain. The guy holding the GPSr ought to be making noise too. Like when he runs into the rocks, or the trees, he should be going "ouch." Or whining about the bugs, or the fact that it's about a kilometer to the next waypoint.

Lone Duck

The Quack Cacher

http://www.netwalk.com/~jporter/BackPage.htm