Watch List Notifiaction

Guest echosgold

Guest echosgold

Recently I have been getting a lot of extra watch list notifications of caches that ARE on my list but without any new logs on them. Sometimes even doubles of the same notification. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem too? I can verify this because some of the notifications are on caches I have hidden and I know for a fact that there are no new posts there.

------------------

Echosgold

www.Outdoor-Dog.com -Gear for Active Dogs!

www.Outdoor-Dog.com/Geocache -Echosgold Geocache

[This message has been edited by echosgold (edited 08 July 2001).]

Guest Women) Group

and then. But we haven't been able to figure out a pattern. It doesn't happen to all sites we are watching and it is not just to ones we placed. It seems to be more frequent with some of the earlier sites we visited. When we receive multiple messages, we just note the number in the message, and if another adjacent message in our mailbox has the same number we delete it. We may miss a true new one occasionally, but it is quicker. It has been no real problem though.

Guest Markwell

It mostly happens when someone posts, realizes s/he made a mistake, deletes the log and then re-posts.

Every post, even if one is deleted, will send out a new notification.

Guest sjs102

Somebody must be making a lot of mistakes then. As of about 2 or 3 weeks ago I am getting duplicates on just about all my watch list notifications, and when someone logs one of my caches.

Guest Markwell

quote:
Originally posted by sjs102:

Somebody must be making a lot of mistakes then. As of about 2 or 3 weeks ago I am getting duplicates on just about all my watch list notifications, and when someone logs one of my caches.

Ah - I think I see the problem. Geocaching.com already notifies you when any of YOUR caches gets hit with a "Someone LOGGED your CACHE!" e-mail. I'm guessing you set yourself up to also "watch this cache" which is redundant. You would then also get another e-mail stating "Watch List Notification" or something to that affect. You don't have to "watch" your own caches. Geocaching.com already send you an e-mail for yours.

The only way I discovered this was through trial and error. Hope this helps.

Guest brucebridges

I think this problem is from the site. I have been getting doubles of notifications for a couple of weeks and nothing changed on my end. I've been meaning to ask about it but procrastinated. It seems that something is causing the site to send duplicates.

bb

Guest jeremy

If it is your cache, you already get notified. If you "watch" the cache and own it too, you'll get two notifications.

I only get one notification on my caches, so it must be the double watch thing.

Jeremy

Guest echosgold

I do not watch my own caches as I already know that is not needed. This has just been occuring within the last couple of weeks. Sometimes the notifications are delayed by several days. Is that to be expected?

------------------

Echosgold

www.Outdoor-Dog.com -Gear for Active Dogs!

www.Outdoor-Dog.com/Geocache -Echosgold Geocache

[This message has been edited by echosgold (edited 09 July 2001).]

Guest Women) Group

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

If it is your cache, you already get notified. If you "watch" the cache and own it too, you'll get two notifications.

Jeremy

That was our first thought because we are watching our own caches. Many people probably are. That reason for double notification was pretty easy to figure out. But we do get some double notifications from other sites we are watching too. It is not a big problem though and we appreciate the slick way you have established to keep a watchful eye on caches of particular interest. That far offsets any inconvenience. We will try to start paying more attention to the sites/dates when this actually happens.

Guest celts

Just happened to me a couple of days ago. I can't see any reason for it. It was on a cache I had found--not watching any more. Maybe it is when somebody starts to post and then deletes it. confused.gif

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

Jeremy

Guest celts

Another little watch list glitch I have: I have one that I no longer want to watch. I have hit the remove --and it WON'T leave. It's always there when I log on, log off--whenever I'm on my cache page--it's always there. Does this mean I'm meant to search for it ???? rolleyes.gif