New cache in Rochester, NY Area! check this one out!

Guest Quinnow

Guest Quinnow

vets on the dedication. Find the matching name, the correct number of stones into the row, and you?ve discovered the correct row! This row will be used to calculate the final set of coordinates that will take you to the geocache.

Go to the first gravestone in the correct row (left most). Record the death date in the following format: MMDDYYYY. Now go to the last gravestone in the row and record the death date from this gravestone (use same format).

Record information here

First grave, death date (MMDDYYYY):

Last gravestone, death date (MMDDYYYY):

The coordinates are in the format Lat N AA AA.AAA by Lon W BB BB.BBB

Subtract the first gravestone death from 1964031. The result is Latitude, in format AA AA.AAA

Record Latitude here:

Add 6625192 to the last gravestone death date. The result is Longitude, in format BB BB.BBB.

Record Longitude here:

Now onto the geocache, it's a .50 Cal Ammo can painted green with the words Geo-Cache stenciled on the sides. It's mostly covered by leaves, although if you're on top of it you can spot it.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

[This message has been edited by Quinnow (edited 22 May 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Quinnow (edited 24 May 2001).]

Guest MadGPS

Quinnow

I have notice your degree " ? ".If you type "alt+0186",it will give you that little degree when you type your numbers.Example "The format for latitude & longitude used for this Geocache is HDDDºMM.MMM. Datum is WGS84."I hope you are OK with this and I do not mean no disrespect to the way you are typing in any way.Just a fellow cacher that learned that the other day and though of passing the info to someone else. icon_wink.gif

MadGPS icon_biggrin.gif

Guest MadGPS

Quinnow

I have notice your degree " ? ".If you type "alt+0186",it will give you that little degree when you type your numbers.Example "The format for latitude & longitude used for this Geocache is HDDDºMM.MMM. Datum is WGS84."I hope you are OK with this and I do not mean no disrespect to the way you are typing in any way.Just a fellow cacher that learned that the other day and though of passing the info to someone else. icon_wink.gif

MadGPS icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Rich in NEPA

MadGPS: Actually, you want to use ALT+0176 to create the degree symbol °. ALT+0186 is the superscript zero (as in º¹). In some fonts they may look the same or similar. ~~Rich~~

Guest Quinnow

think I am still doing it wrong icon_biggrin.gif but anyways I know about the datum and it is listed above. But remember this is not my posting. I just cut/pasted it here. But thanks for the info!

Now gimme some more help on that degree thingy icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Quinnow

think I am still doing it wrong icon_biggrin.gif but anyways I know about the datum and it is listed above. But remember this is not my posting. I just cut/pasted it here. But thanks for the info!

Now gimme some more help on that degree thingy icon_biggrin.gif

Guest cleenjeep

Looks like a killer cache for sure! Very inspiring for me.. I just placed the first multi-cache in my area, http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2592

and I am already thinking of another. I might have to incorporate a little of what I just learned here.. thanks!

On a side note, I use the * symbol for the degree mark when I need too, it is a really fast way to mark it.

Michael

------------------

Webmaster and List Admin for Southern Michigan Rockcrawlers

Personal Site is Cleenjeep's Site

Guest makaio

Very similar to the Dodeca (12) Waypoint Geocache I placed a few weeks ago here in the greater Portland, OR area. It requires many miles of hiking (all within a single Nature Park) and so far has taken each person who's done it multiple visits to complete. All say it has been well worth the time and effort as it makes locating the cache that much more rewarding.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2203

Guest Alex

An awesome cache. Obviously the setter(s) has put a lot of planning and effort into this terrific challenge.

Unfortunately I will probably never be in a position to attempt to solve this puzzle, however, as imitation is the sincerest flattery, I too shall borrow some of these ideas for my next multi-stash (look for something in Adelaide parklands in southern spring).

Again, bravo!