Interesting Waypoints?

Guest bsyris

Guest bsyris

This is a little off-topic, but are there any lists online of interesting or unusual places as lat/lon coordinates? I think that it would be really cool.

I thought of a "waypoint list" when looking at a cache page (Town Land Cache) that included several points of interest: the lat/lon of some natural features near the cache.

Guest Cape Cod Cache

Great idea ! I have been working on getting Lat/Lon for lighthouses, think I'll expand upon that to include fishing beaches and cool places etc on the Cape.

Guest Paul Lamble

You might check out the Degree Confluence Project. It is an attempt to visit all points on the earth where the lat/lon are whole numbers (no minutes and seconds). Of course, some of these are not that visitable (middle of the ocean), but there is one near my home, and a cacher placed a cache here deliberately to get visits to the confluence. Should be able to find it through Google.

Guest tnunnery

I have never used them but there is a series of books geared for 4-Wheel drive owners that includes GPS coordinates. The site is: http://www.4wdbooks.com/.

A list of "interesting waypoints" is a pretty good idea. I know there are guides with coordinates for ship wrecks, plane crash sites and such but one for lighthouses sounds good as well.

Guest GuyMcBeerdrinker

There's a site you should look at, a bit morbid, but some "objects" have coordinates to them:

www.findagrave.com

I would also be interested in finding sites or maybe someone could build a site where users can submit coordinates for the following:

Stadia (or Sports Venues for that matter)

Museums

Celebrity Homes (we wouldn't have to buy "Star Maps")

Locations of movie scenes

Amusement Parks

Golf Courses

and I guess there are many more.

[This message has been edited by GuyMcBeerdrinker (edited 04 May 2001).]

Guest topografix

For LOTS of interesting nearby waypoints, download PanTerra from http://www.topografix.com. It's got over 1.6 million US waypoints and you can use it to enter geocache coordinates directly into your GPS. We're also working on a way to exchange waypoints files over the Internet.

BTW, the Town Land Cash was placed by my father. Hope you enjoyed it!

- Dan Foster

TopoGrafix

http://www.topografix.com

Guest dogpile

be able to search by state, country or keyword. Should be totally ready to go by the end of next week. If you want to get ahead start just go to

www.justwaypoints.com

the link to "request waypoints" will be done tonight Friday..05/04/01

take a look

tom

Guest dogpile

OOPS..Since it is not exactly finished and you have any suggestions e-mail me at webmaster@justwaypoints.com

What I am looking for is interesting waypoints that other would be of interest to know if they are traveling, or ones that are really unusual places...thanks

tom