Caches you want to visit the most?

I'd love to do all of Quest Master's caches in SW Pennsylvania. I visit the area about once a year, and I hear great things about his caches. I've done two, and Sand Quarry is easily one of my all-time favorites. High on my To Do list for my next visit are Scattered Remains, Casparis, and Polly Takes the Plunge.

There's one cache I heard about somewhere inside an active volcano. It takes serious know-how to do it, but it sounds incredible. I know I"ll never be able to, but that might be the one I'd most like to see.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams

I've had the Artful Dodger's well received, but rarely visited Aye Carumba!!! and The Giants Stairs near the top of my list for a long time.

I'd also like to complete Waterboy's excellent NY/NJ Multi State Multi Cache. It was a bit over a 6 mile trip. I found the first stage and had to bail out with less than a mile to go. I've been planning a return trip for some time.

In the northeast, this subject has been disussed to some extent here and here. There are some really great caches in this region!

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Near Cordova Ak is the Copper river. Feeding into that River is a glacier. People shoot the thing and try to make it calve. I want to log that virtual cache where you make it calve and snap a photo to claim your find.

Even if that cache doesn't exist it should.

http://www.loe.org/thisweek/011214highlight_1.jpg

That is sooo not environmentally friendly.

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

I've had the Artful Dodger's well received, but rarely visited http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=20469&log=y&decrypt= and http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=10400&log=y&decrypt= near the top of my list for a long time.

So you recommended a cache to me that you haven't done, hmm? Waiting to see if I make the news before you try it? LOL

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

There is http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c24ed40f-efcb-4fd3-8a4a-66530bfd7eb2 that has my attention...and it's only 13 miles from my home. Sometime very soon I will become a better person for visiting this cache.

WOW, sept1c, what is it? That one's got me very interested. I've just about got my sister talked into buying a GPSr, (the sis near N. Salem). I'll make her do that one so I won't have to wonder what the "living" thing is.

I personally want to visit THIS cache. I recently set a TB to go there for me.

OG

Prophetically Challenged (or is that Pathetically?)

quote:
Originally posted by Tsegi Mike and That is sooo not environmentally friendly.

It's probably not allowed anymore for other reasons. I don't see the envrionmental issue here. It calves anyway. I truly doubt you will make a less friendly iceberg if you shoot it than if it falls off on it's own. Plus I'm not convinced you can do anything but skew the time of calving by about 5 min. That's a big glacier and unless you have pocket artillary any gun you can carry in is going to be a pittance in the grand scheme of things.

I went and checked the page about the space buffaloes. Something is wrong. Considering, most of the logs say "although the sign reads Keep off the grass" and no "Law enforcement around" I zipped over and read it anyways. With reading so many posts about geocaching getting a bad rap and trying to "work" with land owners. how is this one any different? Sending people to an area that has them doing something they shouldn't and they know they shouldn't since before they ran over they looked for law enforcement. Though curious, I would have to say I would pass on that one.

Agreed, Dream Alchemist. But that part is what has me the most intrigued! I'm not saying that I'd break any laws trying to find it. I'd guess that it becomes obvious what it is before a cacher has to tresspass or walk on the grass or whatever.

I say we commission Sept1c Tank to scope this one out and report back any wrong-doing! icon_biggrin.gif

Caching by proxy! YEAH That's it! icon_biggrin.gif

OG

I, too, am concerned about about the signs and the logs. I do intend to visit this cache sometime this weekend.

The title of the thread says nothing about caches you'd like to send other cachers to.

However, I'm extremely interested in visiting the site to find out just what it is all about.

And I accept the assignment to review and report back to this forum. icon_smile.gif

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

quote:
So you recommended a cache to me that you haven't done, hmm? Waiting to see if I make the news before you try it? LOL

Well the topic was "caches you want to visit the most"

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

CONCERNING THE SPACE BUFFALO CACHE:

OK.......The cache is located on the lawn of the Indiana state capital building. It is true that there are signs requesting that you stay off the grass (Please Keep Off Grass).

These are not like NO TRESSPASSING signs that order you to do (or not do) something with legal ramifications.

Because the property is in doentown Indianapolis with heavy daily traffic, I believe, that means more like NO PICKNICING or DON'T TAKE A SHORTCUT HERE. They're obviously just trying to keep the property looking good.

There is a small plaque about 30 feet from the sidewalk and level with the ground so you couldn't even read it with binocs. They put the plaque there and obviously anyone who is just reading the plaque is not TRESSPASSING or breaking any other law.

As to what is it? Well I'm not going to tell you because that would ruin the cache.

But, it is WAY cool!

I'm glad I went and would reccomment this cache as an easy, 10 minute cache, to anyone in downtown Indianapolis. And it is historically significant.

Sincerely--sept1c_tank

(Og, I'll make an exception for you so your sister won't have to buy a GPSr!)

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

OH no, sept1c, you don't have to tell me what it is. Thanks for the report. I kind of figured that if there was something there to read, it wouldn't be a crime to go read it.

The sister that is pondering the gps purchase is coming out here in about 3 weeks. I plan on taking her out on a few hunts. I'm sure she'll be hooked after a trip to Mt. St. Helens.

Thanks again for the report, stand by for your next assignment! icon_biggrin.gif

OG

quote:
Originally posted by Mark 42:

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

quote:
Originally posted by Tsegi Mike and That is sooo not environmentally friendly.

I don't see the envrionmental issue here.

Unless you use lead bullets... but up there it

really wouldn't matter even if you used lead...

it's not like millions of shooters are gonna go

there, so the lead you would add is just a drop

in the bucket compared to the natural

occurrence of lead.

But stil, just to keep the "environmentalists"

off your back, you better use steel shot instead of bullets.

_ I hope that someday we will be able to put away

our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people. _

I hope that someday we will be able to put away

our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.