A good source for containers?

I am currently putting together a themed cache and the items are rather large, if not heavy. I needed a larger than average container.

I've been working on this problem for months and finally came up with a solution: Gallon or larger-sized food containers from restaurants.

In one evening we were offered four very nice and perfectly suitable (for what I'm doing, anyway) containers that had at one time held food products... one restaurant even ran the two they gave us through their industrial dishwasher and the inside was nice and clean. The other two will take some soaking to get the grease out.

But they have nice, tight lids and are designed to not allow leakage in or out. I'm preparing to use some of the hints on other threads to disguise the one for my next cache.

Has anyone else discovered this free source?

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

geobutton1.gif

Ammo Cans!

I swear by them...they are strong, weather proof, and if you didnt know...they come in many sizes, not just the .30CAL and .50CAL versions you see used all the time for caches. At an Army/Navy place near me they have them in about a dozen sizes, anything from the typical .30CAL small can up to something the size of a suitecase (approx 28"x10"x24" from what I can remember). If you cant get cans of this size, drop me an email. Perhaps I can ship a few out to you. Not sure how much they cost but I can get prices if you are interested.

Let me know,

Macro

quote:
Originally posted by The GeoGadgets Team:

I've been working on this problem for months and finally came up with a solution: Gallon or larger-sized food containers from restaurants.

If you check your local paint supply store (not home depot. A real paint store) you may find clean un-used versions of these containers.

The problem with these is that after a few times being opened and closed they may start to leak.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================

39478_400.jpg