Event caches

Guest tnunnery

Guest bob_renner

Why not? If they attended the event, they obviously found the location. And if the event was listed only with coordinates, then there's not much difference between that and a difficulty 1 cache.

Bob

Guest Markwell

If you are truly concerned about your "found" points reflecting your accurate number of finds, I feel that an event without any caching involved does not warrant a "found." However, a caching event that has multiple caches to find at the event deserves multiple "found" posts.

Just my 2¢

Guest makaio

When I planned the PDX Area Get Together, I planted a cache and instructed attendees to visit the cache prior to arriving at the meeting coordinates.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3098

In this respect, it was truly a cache hunt and find.

If the get together location is posted using only coordinates (no info on the place or directions) it qualifies as a virtual cache.

So even without an actual cache, locating the meeting spot using the coordinates given constitutes a cache virtual cache hunt, so yes, they should be able to log it as a find.