duplicate "cache found" notification messages?

Guest guerroloco

Guest guerroloco

Anyone else getting extra "cache found" notification messages, up to several days after the first message? I've gotten two in the last two days. what's up?

Guest guerroloco

H.D.R., I am not watching the caches. These are "cache found" notification messages, not watch list notifications. The "extra" messages are either duplicates, or notifications of nonexistent finds.

Guest Hawk-eye

Just a thought ... a person could have logged the find ... noticed they either mis-typed something or just didn't like what they wrote ... nuked it and resubmitted ... that would give you two notices ... but by the time you checked ... only one log shows. I had something like that happen once on one of caches.

Guest GeoForse

While I'm not sure, I think the same thing happens if a finder logs the cache, and then later edits the log. Even if the finder later deletes a log, I think that triggers a notification. Can anyone verify this?

Guest Markwell

Since there's no "edit" feature on the logs, the only way someone can edit a log is to delete it and then repost it. Sure enough, you'll get multiple notifications.

Clarification for first couple of posts above. Since you hid the cache, you do not need to put it on your watch list. You will automatically be given an e-mail with "Someone logged your cache!".

Guest cache_ninja

i frequently get multiple notifications of my caches being found, and its always due to someone deleting their log and re-doing it. also, remember that when you log your own cache(ie leave a note, not a "found"), youll also get a notification...