Interesting thing on USGS pics from lostoutdoors.com

While using lostoutdoors USGS images looking for an aircraft sitting in 2 ft of water (and 5 ft of mud) that I saw thousands of times as a kid, I saw something that at least *I* thought was amusing in one of the photos.

have a look-see at

N32.710328 W96.965862

never could spot that wreck though (all thats visable at normal lake levels is the vert stab)

[This message was edited by bretley42 on July 11, 2002 at 08:07 PM.]

[This message was edited by bretley42 on July 11, 2002 at 08:08 PM.]

The photo that was taken at this Airport caught one plane coming in for a landing and one waiting on the taxiway to take off. The landing plane looks like a Cessna to me and the one waiting is a commuter turboprop.

I wonder if these are satellite photos or if they're from high flying planes.

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.

quote:
I wonder how often these photos are updated ...

The photos appear to be several years old, at least were I live. 3 years ago I paved my driveway, still looks like it could be dirt. Several roads in my area and housing developments have gone in but there not in the photos.

Last December, I downloaded a free program from one of the links here in the forum, called USPHOTOMAPS. I tried to find the link but had no luck. Program is OK, you can up & download from PC/GPS as well as tracks.

Does anyone else know of this link???

I use USAPhotomaps and find it useful. I recently plotted out the greens of two golf courses as waypoints and uploaded them to my eTrex. After golfing I loaded the track into USAPhotomaps and saw how much I bounced from one side of the fairway to another icon_eek.gif. At least I can say I get my money's worth out of the golf course icon_smile.gif.

The program can be found at JDMCox Software. It uses the data from microsoft's terraserver so the photos are several years old in most areas.

I'm not lost!

I use USAPhotomaps and find it useful. I recently plotted out the greens of two golf courses as waypoints and uploaded them to my eTrex. After golfing I loaded the track into USAPhotomaps and saw how much I bounced from one side of the fairway to another icon_eek.gif. At least I can say I get my money's worth out of the golf course icon_smile.gif.

The program can be found at JDMCox Software. It uses the data from microsoft's terraserver so the photos are several years old in most areas.

I'm not lost!