Free Cache Ratings - Leaderboard

SpongeRob

For those of you that already use the "Free Cache Ratings" system on keenpeople.com I'm please to announce that there is now a leaderboard on there for the top rated, voted and viewed caches that partcipate the free cache rating system.

For those of you not familiar with it, the Free Cache Ratings allows you to place a counter and a voting box on your cache page that lets visitors rate your cache based on their expereience and also shows how many times it's been viewed.

Free Cache Ratings

Thanks!

--

SpongeRob

rwmech@keenpeople.com

www.keenpeople.com

WPWU826

Cache'n Retrievers

crlogo.gif

You know, maybe this is of topic, but I'm not going to start another thread just to ask this question.

What is the relationship between KeenPeople.com and Geocaching.com?

I've seen a lot of posts that reference KeenPeople.com these days, and I just can't remember if they've all come from SpongeRob or not.

Is KeenPeople.com a non-profit site? Does gc.com have some sort of relationship developing with kp.com, or is SpongeRob just sponging off of gc.com.

I'm confused.

Pan

Here there be tigers. - My response when asked by a fellow Geocacher to describe the attitude of the forums.

quote:
Originally posted by Woodsters Outdoors:

Wouldn't that of been a better question to him via email?

Perhaps you're right.

quote:
It sounds as if you are trying to make something out of it or find fault with him.

Its too bad you took it that way. If you're specifically referring to the "sponge" comment. I was just trying to be ironical.

Brian

_As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump_

Pan

Here there be tigers. - My response when asked by a fellow Geocacher to describe the attitude of the forums.

No it's not just the sponge comment. I got the joke there, but others may not look at it that way, nor he. I think the part about him being non-profit and if he has a relationship with gc. Then to sum it up with the "I'm confused" part. You may not intended it that way, but it was easily construed that way.

BTW, i'm gonna start working on your puzzle cache soon, the "N'la" one...I heard it was a doozy.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

After thinking about it a bit, I stand by my original post. I'm not "trying to start something," and, although it (and the rest of this post) may be grossly off topic, I think its a question that deserves answering.

After all, at first blush the website does seem to be a bit commericial, what with the advertisements, mechandise, etc. If it's above the board, fine, no problem, I'd appreciate hearing so. If however, it's commercializism the type of which has been denied before, I'd like to know that too.

But, I digress.

As for N'la Aza Kna Naa, she's my greatest geocaching accomplishment to date. Let me know what you think of her. I might just see you out on the trail, I've been meaning to check up on some of her legs.

Pan

SpongeRob is just a sponge.

Seriously. Keenpeople.com is an open community of users who use GPS Technology in the outdoors. Geocaching is a part of that. We also have tutorials on Map Creation which in no is not really related to Geocaching.

Keenpeople.com was deisgned to be an open site of outdoors content. We have news about all sorts of things some related to geocaching others not. We also have NANU Bulletins and many other features (like cache ratings). We're simply about having GPS related content on our site.

- Rob

--

SpongeRob

rwmech@keenpeople.com

www.keenpeople.com

WPWU826

Cache'n Retrievers

crlogo.gif

quote:
After all, at first blush the website does seem to be a bit commericial, what with the advertisements, mechandise, etc. If it's above the board, fine, no problem, I'd appreciate hearing so. If however, it's commercializism the type of which has been denied before, I'd like to know that too.

We're not. I happen to have advertisement for my own products (stuff I created). It helps fund the measly $20 a month I pay to the web hosts. If somone wants to help support the site great, if not It's still out there.

If anything it's a hobby.

Some other things about keenpeople.com

*ALL* registered users may submit news, articles, weblinks, etc. *I* don't drive all of the content. You want to place an article about you and your dog hiking in the woods - keenpeople.com is the place for that. We're about the experiences and the information.

If somone came to me and said "hey, how about doing this..." on the site and it seemed related we'd put it up online. We're for the users not for the profit (of which we've made $8 total in all donations).

--

SpongeRob

rwmech@keenpeople.com

www.keenpeople.com

WPWU826

Cache'n Retrievers

crlogo.gif

quote:
SpongeRob,

Our forums are not intended for advertising. Please do not continue to post links to features and discussions on keenpeople.com. I have received complaints on your posts for ‘spamming’ the geocaching.com forums. Please use discretion with further posts.

Please feel free to email me with further comments or questions.

Happy Geocaching!

Heidi (hydee)

Heidi Hudlow

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Appearantly Groundspeak refers to my aid in the community spamming. I'll ensure I don't pester anyone again with my contributions to the community.

--

SpongeRob

rwmech@keenpeople.com

www.keenpeople.com

WPWU826

Cache'n Retrievers

crlogo.gif