Booby Traps?

The closest thing to a booby trapped cache I've heard of was one where someone sprayed some pepper spray inside. Ya figure, 50,000+ caches out there with hundreds of thousands of finds (conservatively) and only one instance of a booby trapped cache (if you can even call it booby trappped). I'll take those odds.

"An appeaser is one who keeps feeding a crocodile-hoping it will eat him last" -Winston Churchill

I read those posts also and they seem to be in areas where there are meth labs and certain agricultural endevers that are not legal. I've never heard of that beeing a problem here in MI. (We have 4 finds here now! icon_biggrin.gif we are hot!) Our first cache, and I've never mentioned this in public before, there was a giant (8 inch) Big Ben alarm clock OUTSIDE the cache but right smack next to it. My son reached for it before I saw it. When I saw it I FREAKED out icon_eek.gif thinking bomb! 'Back away from the cache!' I poked it with a looooooong stick, then when we didn't blow up we proceeded. And took the clock! LOL

You could post on www.mi-geocaching.org and see if any other of us Michiganders have had an incident. We are a fun group.....come on over! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by 3Bees:

Our first cache, and I've never mentioned this in public before, there was a giant (8 inch) Big Ben alarm clock OUTSIDE the cache but right smack next to it. My son reached for it before I saw it. When I saw it I FREAKED out icon_eek.gif thinking bomb! 'Back away from the cache!' I poked it with a looooooong stick, then when we didn't blow up we proceeded.

Wait a minute, you "FREAKED out thinking bomb" and then POKED IT WITH A STICK????????

I don't even have the words necessary to express what I feel about that..... icon_eek.gificon_frown.gificon_eek.gificon_mad.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_eek.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

I doubt there is much, if any booby trapped caches. People worry to much. If we would just re-instate the death penalty....that would take care of the 10% that do 90% of the bad stuff. Ooops...now I've done it....I expressed a political opinion....bombs away!!!

We're going on a treasure hunt...we're not quite sure just where...but with our trusty GPS, we'll find a cache stashed there!!

By Daughter Cheryl

I booby trapped one. I stuck a big rubber spider inside of one that moved when you opened the lip. Another I did the same except with a rubber mouse. Fun stuff.

I've been injured geocaching though. Nothing is totally safe. I had a tree fall on me while out in the woods. Or maybe it was Mitey Mite pushing it over on me? Naw, that would mean she isn't happy with me.

I hear voices.....and they don't like you!

I think it is only a matter of time till some one makes this a reality (every one saying this won't happen, so I will make it happen-there is allot of sickos in the world), like the woman who microwaved her baby because of the urban legend. This in sense made the legend come true.

Wyatt W.

only a though.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.