Easiest way to find freeway caches?

Eric K

I have learned that walking at a quick pace along the right-of-way fence, while a companion drives the car on the shoulder of the freeway, is the most thorough, albeit time-consuming, finding method. Not sure about "easiest", though.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

Stop by Plainfield (46168) near Indianapolis. There's a bunch of good caches clustered in a 2-mile radius. Start here, or here. For a real challenge just a few feet from the parking, check out this one.

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

[This message was edited by sept1c_tank on August 07, 2003 at 11:32 AM.]

OK... serious post this time... the easiest ways to search along route are to use the boundary ("rectangle") filters in Watcher to draw one or more boxes around your route (but you need to be a premium member using GPX files), or to use mapping software. There's no easy way available with just the tools here on the site. If you search for the terms caches and route, you'll see a lot of threads on this topic, providing greater detail.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

Start Here and continue panning down your route. (Assuming you are familiar enough with the area that this map will suffice) It may not give you every single cache, and you might run into an archived one or two, just check the links right before you go on your trip.

This site is awesome.

"Could be worse...could be raining"

quote:
Originally posted by ErSamin:

Start http://www.brillig.com/geocaching/cleveland_and_akron.shtml and continue panning down your route. (Assuming you are familiar enough with the area that this map will suffice) It may not give you every single cache, and you might run into an archived one or two, just check the links right before you go on your trip.

This site is awesome.

"Could be worse...could be raining"

Yep, that's what I did for my trip. (Over 6,000 miles of fun and frustration.) Ya beat me to it.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.