Geocaching Anonymous?

My wife, kids, relatives, and coworkers have all told me that I got issues. Not a day goes by without geocaching mentioned. I am either wanting to find a cache close by, or looking for the next cool spot to hide one. icon_biggrin.gif I just feel some people just don't get the sport. They either don't have a computer or think it's to hard to figure out how to use a GPS. My wife thinks I need GA (geocaching anonymous) because I seem to be more hooked then others. Could this be true?

Geocaching taking over my world!

Duane

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

Well, seeing as we found our first cache on the 5th of July of 2002, and we are just 4 away from 200, I'd say we are at *least* as addicted as you. Fortunately for me, my wife is just as addicted. icon_biggrin.gif

--Marky

"Everyone spends time in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Denial... it's not just a river in Egypt.

Speaking of which, there is a great location for a virtual cache near N 29° 57.500 E 031° 16.500 with a view of the Nile.... or maybe I might visit that cache near the Pyramids hmmmm maybe we can sponsor a caching expedition and...

uh oh, time to take my medication now.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Please attend our seminar, "Geocaching for Time Travelers," which will be held two weeks ago.

I bore or turn puke green because they are sick and tired of hearing me talk about finding tupperware in the woods at night I get one over on the dark side. OUR SIDE! Soon they are packing a GPS and phoning every few hours to talk about cache ideas.

One of the fringe benifits to mentioning geocaching to everyone you know is the locations that you sometimes hear of. Like an underground river about 80km north of me. Crying out for a geocache that is!

Bla Bla Bla.. (sorry)

"Software isn't released, it's allowed to escape."

I have noticed that some members have over 600 posts in a couple of months. Maybe an (FA) forums anonymous would be more appropiate! LOL It just seems some members are worried about what others think and are more hooked on the forums. What do you think, can the forums be addicting too? What would you do if you the site went down for a while and can't post? I am sure there is medication for forum withdrawls. LOLOLOLOL

Or

The members at the other site would be happy to hear from you........

Duane

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

Yes, the forums are addictive, too! They're a great way of keeping "in the game" when I can't be out and about, hunting caches. (Example: I'm a single parent, Little Leprechaun has homework and school the next day... I ain't going out of the house after dinner for night caching.) Reading others' cache logs is another way to stay involved, as is planning for upcoming cache hunting trips.

What to do when the forums are "down" for maintenance upgrades? (Or even when they're not?) Go to the IRC chat room! There's always someone there to talk to, and usually the subject isn't geocaching, but it can be.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Please attend our seminar, "Geocaching for Time Travelers," which will be held two weeks ago.

I only get one day off this week so I want to make the most of it. I just spent an hour trying to figure out how to get a ton of caches in one day. Trying to figure out the order I should try and find them, downloading waypoints, etc. I got it figured out! I am hitting the road bright and early tomorrow morning!

I talked a friend into helping me find an urban micro the other day. Now she keeps talking about it at work and how much fun it is. She wants to go on another one soon. The two of us talk about caching at least 5 times a day at work. Some coworkers got interested, some tell us to shut the hell up. We don't care! I am an addict and enabling a friend to become an addict too. It's a conspiracy!

JOIN THE ADDICTION! :tongue:

Hi my name is GEO*Trailblazer 1 and I am an Geo*holic. :)

Step 1 admitting your addiction. :tongue:

Step 2 knowing their aint nutin you can do about it. :D

All the rest of the steps are............................ :)

God grant me the Serenity hmhmhmhhm to Geocache some more.

The Wisdom to findum better,

and the strength to take the last step to the Cache.

See ya next month.............. :D

OH YEA

HAPPY..................................................Geotrails :P

[edit sum spellin]

Edited by GEO*Trailblazer 1

A nice + post that gets a reply from a lurker... Yes, sorry to admit I must be Geo addicted too. Haven't found the cure yet but that's ok. Having too much fun for sure! (Can think of lots worse things to be hooked on) What I'm pondering on is WHY I'm so fixated on finding boxes of trinkets hidden in the bushes... :D