Everyone make it thru hurricane Lili ok?

Mopar

As Lili still blows across the South, the rest of us are hoping everything is OK with our geocaching friends here.

Everyone stay high and dry?

How about your caches?

I'm guessing CLayJar is out paddling 'cause there are so many more hydrocaches for him to go after now. icon_biggrin.gif

Illegitimus non carborundum!

I spoke to my parents in LA this afternoon, they're a few miles northeast of New Orleans. They're fine, only have been without power all day. Power lines down around town from the wind, some trees down, localized flooding of the same folks who flooded last week during Isidore from the storm surge - which was about 400 homes in town that time, I believe.....

Our thoughts are with those in central LA.

-----------------------------------------------------------

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

I drove back from Houston this morning and crossed thru the middle of LA getting back to Jackson. I didn't see much rain. Although Winnsboro aparently got beat up. I didn't see many trees or limbs down. Went right past the Kisahatchie NF and didn't see any damage or high water. Maybe they will open up the campground.

Be verry verry quiet we're hunting caches

We had several hours of 40-50mph winds and very little horizontal misty rain here.

Lotsa tree limbs, and stuff blown around, Trees and Limbs down, and sporadic power outages.

ForestFrog is another story however.

She left her house in Scott, LA to take care of her other house, and family in Fishville.

The Eye of Lili passed right over her house in Scott and has unknown damage right now because neither of us can get there to asses the damage.

There is a curfew tonightin the Lafayette area, they are arresting anyone on the roads not on official business after 7:00PM, and the roads going back in are a NIGHTMARE tonight and probably all day tomorrow.

We do know there was a tornado in Scott, but no real details of where it landed, or any real details on what kinda conditions are there yet..

We are really kinda hoping for the best, but expecting a LOT of damage.

Several hours after rollin thru Scott on its way north, Lili's eye again passed over the Fishville area north of Alexandria , and spawned tornados there that thankfully skipped over them there.

I was talking to her on the phone during some of the worst of it, and a nice size tree went past her house as we spoke, and several large trees fell around the house and on the roof of the house there.

One punched a hole in the roof, and she took on water in the living room as a result. Luckily though she and all the critters are safe and sound.

Im a bit worried about Alexm & Katiem.

Not sure exactly where they are in the Lafayette area, but Lafayette really took a good thrashing.

I hope we hear from them soon, and that all is ok with them.

I would love to know how many caches we have in south Louisiana that are now MIA due to the weather of the last week. Im thinkin we lost a good many. I might start a thread on that in the South East Forum.

ClayJar I think you definately need to checkup on your False Profits cache in the spillway. And DONT just archive it either, cuz I plan on gettin to it eventually. icon_biggrin.gif

I'll be checking up on all mine in the next week or so depending on how much damage we need to cleanup/fix in Scott and Fishville.

Thanks for all the thoughts of us down here guys... It is appreciated..

Buck8Poin

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

Lots of tree limbs down. I was without power for most of the day. Flooding was worse last week during Isidore, at least in my area (Gentilly/Lakefront).

Last Sunday I checked on my Cane Island hydro-cache and it was ok. I wasn't able to get to Seal Team due to high water along the Tchefuncte River. I wonder how they both faired this time around. The news is saying the tidal surge on the North Shore is worse this week.

I'm sure there's gonna be a few caches that end up MIA.

Coming back from Maine I was listening to NPR and the sad story about Arthur Island losing their town's 100 year old oak tree to Lili. It was a registered landmark, and the symbol of the town, a spot where the teens would cruise at night, and it split right in two. I thought that was a great loss.

Cache you later,

Planet