Transit or Moving Caches

Jomarac5

Heck, i found two moveing caches this week. they must be getting more popular there are a whole bunch of them in Utah right now.

some cachers are treating them like Travel Bugs. (going to a mets game) is one, one guy has two of them on a rave to VA.

they are so common now that they have started little unofficial rules. " make a mark" to indicate you have removed the cache so someone else can see that it is gone . (grass teepee, pile of rocks, note that says cache is gone)

just stuff like that.

MY question is

Why do we have Travel Bugs? if we have travel caches?

just pay the 3 bucks and get a real TB! they ship very fast!

just my veiw.

RIFLE6

I've placed one, but you never know where it is (I don't post new coords). This one went from cache to cache with only the last cache it's at stated in the log and that's it.

It survived one iteration before going MIA. I'm about to bring it back with a new one.

I did one moving cache and it went 3 iterations before going MIA.

All the Utah ones seem to make it to Idaho and then stay listed long after someone found it and moved it on, so I don't even try for them.

Wherever you go there you are.

I just successfully sent a moving cache from Salt Lake city Utah to 100 miles north of Spokane Washington. (about 900 miles) Unbeknownst to all those who moved it, it had over one hundred dollars worth of collectables in the cache that I was sending to a friend in Washington. The Collectables were wrapped in a plane box with instructions not to be opened except by the final recipient. My friend in Washington was so impressed he has now Converted to Geocachism The cache now rests at the home of my childhood Boy Scout camp. Near Colville Washington.

we'll See ya on the Trail

quote:
Originally posted by Scout Master:

I just successfully sent a moving cache from Salt Lake city Utah to 100 miles north of Spokane Washington. (about 900 miles) Unbeknownst to all those who moved it, it had over one hundred dollars worth of collectables in the cache that I was sending to a friend in Washington.

Oh sure, now you tell us...

Ron/yumitori, who moved it from Missoula, MT to Spokane, WA...

quote:
Originally posted by Rifle6:

MY question is

Why do we have Travel Bugs? if we have travel caches?

just pay the 3 bucks and get a real TB! they ship very fast!

just my veiw.

Just to be different. It's not the same as a TB. It's a cache.

Mine has a logbook and instructions inside it. It moves on average once a day with the new placer giving the new coords. I try to update the coords if I can but explain on the page that they might be off. I've even gone to locate it a couple times. One time took me 10 minutes to find and another over an hour. And I made the cache and couldn't tell it apart from the other rocks around.

If you don't like them, don't hunt them. There's many different ways to geocache. No one said we all have to like all of them.

--

Not Necessarily Interesting News