The official "Geocaching Activity" acronym is now "RASH"

It's official (as official as we can make it, anyway).

The votes unanimously (both of them) wanted the acronym "RASH" when discussing geocaching.

It is now approved (by me and the silliness club) to say, "I really enjoy the RASH of geocaching." (Instead of saying, "I really enjoy the (Recreational Activity / Sport / Hobby) of geocaching."

If you desire any other "descriptors" you can make up your own, but RASH is now acceptable.

================================================

Now you can say fun (and official) things, like:

"I'm sorry, honey. I'd love to shave the kitty this weekend, but I have to do my goecache RASH instead!"

"This is the most interesting RASH that I have ever engaged willingly in!"

"Well, you see, Mr. Park Ranger, geocaching is really a broad-spectrum RASH that many people enjoy."

etc.

--majicman

(Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!)

Brought over from the other thread:

Majicman, I’ve given it considerable thought. You really should have coordinated this poll with me prior to publication, I deal with acronyms every day.

I like

“RASH - Recreation, Activity, Sport, Hobby” However I think it needs more specificity. So add:

Creative Rebels Of Tangible Challenge Hunters - Recreation, Activity, Sport, Hobby.

That might go over better when you’re telling the wife why your heading out the door in a hurry.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

What is the price of experience, do men buy it for a song,

Or wisdom for a dance in the street.................

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

If you will check the poll, you will see that currently 83% of the people here aren't interested in any acronym. icon_wink.gif

Results (18 votes counted so far):

RASH 3/17%

PRHGS 0/0%

ROASH 0/0%

CHEESE 0/0%

Let's don't use an acronym (far too silly!) 15/83%

Just wanted to make sure the unaware knew that not everyone has hopped on board the "Rash Wagon" icon_eek.gif

Rubbertoe - Webcam - Image Archives

--== http://www.bigfoot.com/~rbatina ==--

How DARE YOU rain on my parade! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Yes, of THOSE THAT VOTED FOR an Acronym (two of us at the time I checked), disregarding those that though an acronym was too silly (because they chose NOT to select an acronym, which is your right and choice.)

But, for those selecting AN acronym, one was selected (unanimously!)

If I asked you to vote:

1.) Lincoln

2.) Washington

3.) I don't like either, they are too silly!

And then determined WHICH ONE of the presidents received the most votes, I would have to disregard the #3s.

(Yeah, I know it's silly - Eric O'Conner and Criminal started this whole silly thing, I am just making the final silly decision on it, as I have full power and authority granted me by the Universal Silliness Sceptre of Authority (that Barney the Bozo bequeathed on me.)

'Nuff 'Splainin'!

--majicman

(Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!)

[This message was edited by majicman on July 16, 2002 at 11:35 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

If you will check the poll, you will see that currently 83% of the people here aren't interested in any acronym. icon_wink.gif

Results (18 votes counted so far):

RASH 3/17%

PRHGS 0/0%

ROASH 0/0%

CHEESE 0/0%

Let's don't use an acronym (far too silly!) 15/83%

Just wanted to make sure the unaware knew that not everyone has hopped on board the "Rash Wagon" icon_eek.gif

Rubbertoe - Webcam - Image Archives

--== http://www.bigfoot.com/~rbatina ==--

How DARE YOU rain on my parade! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Yes, of THOSE THAT VOTED FOR an Acronym (two of us at the time I checked), disregarding those that though an acronym was too silly (because they chose NOT to select an acronym, which is your right and choice.)

But, for those selecting AN acronym, one was selected (unanimously!)

If I asked you to vote:

1.) Lincoln

2.) Washington

3.) I don't like either, they are too silly!

And then determined WHICH ONE of the presidents received the most votes, I would have to disregard the #3s.

(Yeah, I know it's silly - Eric O'Conner and Criminal started this whole silly thing, I am just making the final silly decision on it, as I have full power and authority granted me by the Universal Silliness Sceptre of Authority (that Barney the Bozo bequeathed on me.)

'Nuff 'Splainin'!

--majicman

[This message was edited by majicman on July 16, 2002 at 11:35 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Eric O'Connor:

What the PHRG?

So, are dreams just screen savers for the brain?

I smell what you are steppin' in, man, and I feel your pain.

I am sorry that your frogs were killed by a rash, but, sae la vie! (Such is life!)

And don't let me catch you usin' PHRGS - EVER AGAIN! icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon_wink.gif

(Actually, use whatever the Sam Hill you want to, it just ain't the "Approved, Acceptable, Determined by Silliness Secptre" word!)

--majicman

quote:

What the PHRG?

So, are dreams just screen savers for the brain?

I smell what you are steppin' in, man, and I feel your pain.

I am sorry that your frogs were killed by a rash, but, sae la vie! (Such is life!)

And don't let me catch you usin' PHRGS - EVER AGAIN! icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon_wink.gif

(Actually, use whatever the Sam Hill you want to, it just ain't the "Approved, Acceptable, Determined by Silliness Secptre" word!)

--majicman

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Brought over from the other thread:

Majicman, I’ve given it considerable thought. You really should have coordinated this poll with me prior to publication, I deal with acronyms every day.

I like

“RASH - Recreation, Activity, Sport, Hobby” However I think it needs more specificity. So add:

Creative Rebels Of Tangible Challenge Hunters - Recreation, Activity, Sport, Hobby.

That might go over better when you’re telling the wife why your heading out the door in a hurry.

I agree, perhaps (for those of you who desire more than the simple RASH) you could use:

To answer the wife's question about your extended RASH,

Caches

Require

Outdoor

Treks

Challenging

Humans

(RASH)

or, to answer the wife's query: "What kind of a RASH are you having now and why am I not getting it (as a non-geocaching wife)?"

Chachers

Reqired

Only

To

Come

Honey

(RASH)

--majicman

quote:
PRHGS 0/0%
It was PHRG (pronounced "frog")

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

(Yeah, I know it's silly - Eric O'Conner

Who? icon_confused.gif

I don't believe I've ever once saw a post by "Eric O'Conner" and I would tend to notice such things.

icon_razz.gif

I agree that the concept is silly but so is using a series of words to describe the genre of our activity.

Maybe a morphing of words is in order?

Hobbort?

Spobby?

Pastortation?

Recreligion?

quote:
PRHGS 0/0%

quote:

Who? icon_confused.gif

I don't believe I've ever once saw a post by "Eric O'Conner" and I would tend to notice such things.

icon_razz.gif

I agree that the concept is silly but so is using a series of words to describe the genre of our activity.

Hobbort?

Spobby?

Pastortation?

Recreligion?

quote:

quote:
PRHGS 0/0%

quote:

Who? icon_confused.gif

icon_razz.gif

Hobbort?

Spobby?

Pastortation?

Recreligion?

Love the Morphed words, I will use some of them in the future, (whenever it arrives.)

Meybe it wasn't you who kept using the multi-word descriptors like Activity / Sport / Spectacle (it was probably some less-famous (or infamous) poster but I like you and your name is so easy to type, that a lot of times I just substitute your name for whomever I am ranting about at that time... OR!!, I am an idgit! (Probably all three...)))

I send to you, electronically, a basket full of apologies and a cornucopia of sorrow over my action and a plethora of condolensences at the death of your humorous frogs... icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

--majicman

quote:

quote:
PRHGS 0/0%

quote:

Who? icon_confused.gif

icon_razz.gif

Hobbort?

Spobby?

Pastortation?

Recreligion?

Love the Morphed words, I will use some of them in the future, (whenever it arrives.)

Meybe it wasn't you who kept using the multi-word descriptors like Activity / Sport / Spectacle (it was probably some less-famous (or infamous) poster but I like you and your name is so easy to type, that a lot of times I just substitute your name for whomever I am ranting about at that time... OR!!, I am an idgit! (Probably all three...)))

I send to you, electronically, a basket full of apologies and a cornucopia of sorrow over my action and a plethora of condolensences at the death of your humorous frogs... icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

--majicman

quote:

Oh, that was me.... But I've still never ran across a post by "Eric O'Conner"

Pedantically Yours

Eric O'Connor