Geocaching.com Usernames?

Guest hgmonaro

Guest JAMCC47

JAMCC47 - Is an acronym derived from my real name and the year I was cached. Actually it fits the way I like to hike Just Another Mile

Cross Country - 4 for number of times I run 7 miles in 1 week. And that is not counting the weekend hikes. icon_smile.gif

------------------

JoseCanUSea

Guest JAMCC47

JAMCC47 - Is an acronym derived from my real name and the year I was cached. Actually it fits the way I like to hike Just Another Mile

Cross Country - 4 for number of times I run 7 miles in 1 week. And that is not counting the weekend hikes. icon_smile.gif

------------------

JoseCanUSea

I use this name everywhere because I got tired of other people stealing all my other names.

My REAL name is Bret, but since we exist here in this cyber world, I thought I'd just put the two together--CYBret . . . yeah . . it would have worked better if my name was Bert . . . just another reason to blame my parents, I guess. icon_wink.gif

I use this name everywhere because I got tired of other people stealing all my other names.

My REAL name is Bret, but since we exist here in this cyber world, I thought I'd just put the two together--CYBret . . . yeah . . it would have worked better if my name was Bert . . . just another reason to blame my parents, I guess. icon_wink.gif

Guest VentureForth

I had a hard time with this. First of all, I didn't want to use my 'common' moniker 'cause it didn't sound anything like caching (tiktok4321). That was an evolution in and of itself, and no, I am not a pyrotechnic or terrorist or anything like that. My nickname in college was Tokyo and that was used on AOL, etc. So was JungleJim and Jngljm (my name is Jim and I was a Jungle Cruise skipper at DisneyWorld). Since all those names were taken, I shortened it to tok. That sounds like pot, so I added tik to tok. tiktok. That was taken. So then I just tried numbers to get it to take (I think this was on AOL IM). Tiktok4321 is what came of that. It suddenly became inappropriate after 9-11. icon_frown.gif

That has nothing to do with VentureForth except why I don't use tiktok4321 here. I just wanted this in writing in case the FBI comes knocking at my door. I'll show them here.

Why am I VentureForth then? I wanted something that my whole family could be involved with, and it seemed . . . adventureous. I have since named the rest of my family: A.Venture (my wife's name starts with A), MissVenture (my soon-to-be 10 year old girl), and MiniV (my soon-to-be 2 year old son. You know, "You complete me, MiniV").

I'm thinking about switching my daughter and wife around. My wife is the one who seems to have the "missventures". She about broke her foot last weekend. icon_frown.gif

------------------

VentureForth out to the wild, wet forest...

[This message has been edited by VentureForth (edited 12 February 2002).]

Guest VentureForth

I had a hard time with this. First of all, I didn't want to use my 'common' moniker 'cause it didn't sound anything like caching (tiktok4321). That was an evolution in and of itself, and no, I am not a pyrotechnic or terrorist or anything like that. My nickname in college was Tokyo and that was used on AOL, etc. So was JungleJim and Jngljm (my name is Jim and I was a Jungle Cruise skipper at DisneyWorld). Since all those names were taken, I shortened it to tok. That sounds like pot, so I added tik to tok. tiktok. That was taken. So then I just tried numbers to get it to take (I think this was on AOL IM). Tiktok4321 is what came of that. It suddenly became inappropriate after 9-11. icon_frown.gif

That has nothing to do with VentureForth except why I don't use tiktok4321 here. I just wanted this in writing in case the FBI comes knocking at my door. I'll show them here.

Why am I VentureForth then? I wanted something that my whole family could be involved with, and it seemed . . . adventureous. I have since named the rest of my family: A.Venture (my wife's name starts with A), MissVenture (my soon-to-be 10 year old girl), and MiniV (my soon-to-be 2 year old son. You know, "You complete me, MiniV").

I'm thinking about switching my daughter and wife around. My wife is the one who seems to have the "missventures". She about broke her foot last weekend. icon_frown.gif

------------------

VentureForth out to the wild, wet forest...

[This message has been edited by VentureForth (edited 12 February 2002).]

Guest Gee Ode

quote:
Originally posted by Clay:

Gee Ode, how did you change your username here on Groundspeak?

I emailed Groundspeak and had them delete my old account name and created the new one

icon_smile.gif I'm much happier with it.

Guest Gee Ode

quote:

Gee Ode, how did you change your username here on Groundspeak?

I emailed Groundspeak and had them delete my old account name and created the new one

icon_smile.gif I'm much happier with it.

Guest DUGZ TJ

DUGZ TJ (AKA snoilog GO LIONS Backwards)

My name is Doug and my Jeep is a TJ (on license plate).

Snoilog is also on my wife's Jeeps license plate.

My Chocolate Lab is Otis

My Mutt is Marley

Don't know why I mentioned it

Just did

Guest Gee Ode

quote:

Thanks GeOde cool.gif

So tell me clay how did you get your smilies to change color?

nsewmrkt.gif

------------------

Pat C. nmc491@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Gee Ode (edited 14 February 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Gee Ode (edited 14 February 2002).]

Guest BrewMan

heh, my forum/caching nickname is a shortened version of my old nick. I homebrew, always have, always will, and my friends are/were mostly Ranger/Beret/Seal types. We used to spar a lot when I was a buck.

They started calling me "Hardcase", because it used to hurt them when they made contact and I could take a shot to the crotch and still fight. I USED to be pretty buff. Now I'm just old. (ok, not That old, but no more edge, Heh.)

Then one drunken night someone came up with "A24BrewMan", because they knew my propensity for punning as well. It stuck hard and fast.

I shortened it because I am no longer that person, heh. That was too many years ago... icon_wink.gif

(I know most of you will get the play on words, but I will explain it for the others... Hard"Case" + Home Brewing= 24Brews + Man= A24BrewMan, now doesn't that just Sound like a name a bunch of drunk jars would come up with? Oh, wait, weez smairtr dan that. HOOAH!)

[This message has been edited by BrewMan (edited 14 February 2002).]

Guest BrewMan

heh, my forum/caching nickname is a shortened version of my old nick. I homebrew, always have, always will, and my friends are/were mostly Ranger/Beret/Seal types. We used to spar a lot when I was a buck.

They started calling me "Hardcase", because it used to hurt them when they made contact and I could take a shot to the crotch and still fight. I USED to be pretty buff. Now I'm just old. (ok, not That old, but no more edge, Heh.)

Then one drunken night someone came up with "A24BrewMan", because they knew my propensity for punning as well. It stuck hard and fast.

I shortened it because I am no longer that person, heh. That was too many years ago... icon_wink.gif

(I know most of you will get the play on words, but I will explain it for the others... Hard"Case" + Home Brewing= 24Brews + Man= A24BrewMan, now doesn't that just Sound like a name a bunch of drunk jars would come up with? Oh, wait, weez smairtr dan that. HOOAH!)

[This message has been edited by BrewMan (edited 14 February 2002).]

Guest clatmandu

GeeOde,

I just use the smiles legend on the left.

quote:
Originally posted by Gee Ode:

quote:

Thanks GeOde cool.gif

So tell me clay how did you get your smilies to change color?

nsewmrkt.gif

Guest Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix: A Gaulish Cheiftain who was a thorn in Caesar's side.

------------------

-Verc

"Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Guest madphatboy2

I don't think i've posted to this one. I am the original madphatboy, but I had some logon issues with it on some things so I added "2". I came up with madphatboy because as I was trying to sign up for a few things online I couldn't find any names that would work. I got mad, and at the time I thought I was all that (phat) and i'm male. There's my story.

------------------

MPB2

I wander from here to there looking for. . .my mind? And then I find it in the cache.

[This message has been edited by madphatboy2 (edited 15 February 2002).]

Guest kablooey

When I first started driving, I needed a CB handle; so I became Blue Dragon because my car was blue and I was born in the Year of the Dragon. At some party with a bunch of online friends, I signed onto a site that wouldn't let me have a name longer than eight characters. Because all my friends called me Blue, I picked ka-bloo-ey as my signin there. Of course, now people who meet me online call me "kab", except for that strange group that calls me "canu", but that's a different nickname and another story.

Guest kablooey

ds called me Blue, I picked ka-bloo-ey as my signin there. Of course, now people who meet me online call me "kab", except for that strange group that calls me "canu", but that's a different nickname and another story.

Guest clatmandu

quote:
Originally posted by Cholla:

It's a type of cactus I seem to attract usually on the legs my jeans or boots. However during a final archaeology field school exam I managed to back into one.

Ouch!! I swear Cholla, they jump out at you. Around here we have a weed called sand bur with small seeds with spines. When I describe cholla, I say, think of a sand bur except 500times bigger and spines a couple inches long. They usually get the idea.

Guest kennamatic

My maternal family, (Kenna), used the word kennamatic for a branch of mathematics whereby we could always come up with the right answer to any sum but had absolutely no idea how we got to it. A useful skill in real life, absolute disaster in exams.

Guest SNIFTER

My husband is Hounddog and when he told me the name he was using SNIFTER came out so quick as I always think of Hounds with their noses to the ground . He leads the way when it comes to holding the GPS and I follow up. The capitals....well I am not very small.I am also not very shy. The local cachers call us the "2 Dogs" and if we ever decide to combine our efforts I guess that would be the perfect choice. We use a paw print as our sign in the log books.

Why we came up with dogs I have really no idea as we have been cat breeders for years.

Guest Blindman

I used to install blinds and drapes for a living. I got all the usual jokes at people's houses when I'd show up. "I can't believe they send a blind guy to put this stuff up... [snicker and snort]." icon_wink.gif

------------------

My boy, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Guest Blindman

I used to install blinds and drapes for a living. I got all the usual jokes at people's houses when I'd show up. "I can't believe they send a blind guy to put this stuff up... [snicker and snort]." icon_wink.gif

------------------

My boy, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Guest T-storm

I have started a continuation of this thread at http://forums.Groundspeak.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002060.html

I hope the original poster of this topic will not be offended that I have started a new one. I liked to drop in here, and read the stories of how our handles were chosen, but at 300+ posts, the original thread took way too long to load!

T-storm

------------------

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching

We had found our first three finds and wanted to log them and needed a name. I asked the kids what name we should use and one of them said six pack. Good name but I don't want us to sound like we drink too much. So someone said pack rats and "6 Pack Rats" was our choice.

P.S. We do not have any intentional pet rats, but we do have an ginea pig. And 6 ginea pigs just sounds lame. [;)]

We had found our first three finds and wanted to log them and needed a name. I asked the kids what name we should use and one of them said six pack. Good name but I don't want us to sound like we drink too much. So someone said pack rats and "6 Pack Rats" was our choice.

P.S. We do not have any intentional pet rats, but we do have an ginea pig. And 6 ginea pigs just sounds lame. [icon_smile.gif]

I wasn't here when originally posted and I was wondering where people got their geocaching names from so I searched first and found the answer. I had this nickname long before geocaching came about or I got into it. A friend named me the first time he met me. "I think I'll call you Planet" he said. "why?" says I. "Planet Claire, where all the women have pink hair" says he. It's a B52's song. It stuck. My hair is not pink, but my name is Claire.

Cache you later,

Planet

El Diablo was not my original caching name. This got hung on me after Hawk-eye hunted a few of my caches. Since then I strive to live up to it. I even have a small gang of cachers that work with me on special events, known as The Evil Horde.

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.