Geocaching.com Usernames?

Guest hgmonaro

Guest Tomebug

I love to read, so when creating our AOL screen names I tried for Bookworm, but of course it was taken. Tome is another name for book, and a bookworm is actually an insect, not a worm, so... Tomebug it is. Fortunately, it also fits in with my new travel bug, the Intrepid Tome, which is just a traveling log book. icon_wink.gif

Guest Tomebug

I love to read, so when creating our AOL screen names I tried for Bookworm, but of course it was taken. Tome is another name for book, and a bookworm is actually an insect, not a worm, so... Tomebug it is. Fortunately, it also fits in with my new travel bug, the Intrepid Tome, which is just a traveling log book. icon_wink.gif

Guest badbitbucket

The first programmer I ever got to know personally was my instructor at a now-defunct trade school in Portland, Oregon. He was a mainframe programmer from, as he put it, "way back" (I attended the school in the mid 80's).

Anyway, someone in class asked one day, "What happens to the invalid input?" His answer was, "It goes into the bad bit bucket." Now days most developers just call it the bit bucket.

Since I spent most of the last several years in Software Quality Assurance, and gained a reputation for being an incredible nitpic, I was often at odds with developers. So I came up with badbitbucket one day when I was trying to think of a new handle to use on-line.

-BBB

Guest tmateam

Ummm..

Tom

Michelle

Alyna

Team...

Boring, but couldn't think of anything else quickly for the whole family. We do "hunt" as a team, tho. It's a family adventure for us!

I've used Shadowfax for over 15 years; since the days of 300 baud modems, QuantumLink and Diversi-Dial. I'm still 'fax in some circles. Shadowfax is from Lord of the Rings.

Michelle

Guest GLSailor

GLSailor = Great Lakes sailor. Been sailing and racing sailboats on the Great Lakes for over 30 years. That's how I first got introduced to GPS as a replacement for LORAN. I was looking for some activity to keep up my navigation skills (sailing season here is way too short!) and came across geocaching. Just bought a GPSMAP 76 and am having a ball.

Mike Tomsu

N42 02.885 W088 10.687

Guest Walkin Stick

How did I choose Walkin Stick???

Wellllll... first off, I'm an entymologist whos Doctoral thesis was on the evolution and diversity of the Walkin Stick (a bug)

OK... that's a lie!

How about this... I like to walk, and my height and weight actually show up on the same line on the health charts.

Dang! I can't remember if that was EVER the case, but, alas (at least today)... that's definitely another lie.

Oh! I know! .... I've been known to carry a large stick with me when I'm out walking (especially if I'm heading towards a cache that might have a TB in it and I think someone else may be heading to the same spot... you know... one quick swing at the knees, and all of a sudden, I've got a slight (VERY slight!) advantage!).

OK, maybe not.

Truth be known... I just liked the image it conveys.

No! Not that of an old stick in the mud!!! Geez!

Guest Choberiba

I think of walking sticks as providing stability and as a first rate travelling companion.

B'sides, geocachers don't whack people in the knees, that's an ice skating thing.

Guest RedwoodRed

Mine is pretty simple compared to some of my older nicks (screen names).

Redwood is for the area in which I live, where the majestic redwoods grow in seeming abundance, and Red for the color of my hair. I originally used it five years ago as my AOL screen name.

I have also been known by: Arwen Undomiel (for many years on the So. Cal. BBS's, and the personalized license plate on my truck); QueensRed7 (it only sounds like a chess move); and as the Queen Of Hearts for many years on the CB Radio. Now that I am a ham radio licensee, I am supposed to put aside those chicken-band days... yeah, whatever!

rolleyes.gif

I love nicknames and my kids have tons of pet names... people actually bring their dogs to me to name... I wonder why? confused.gif

------------------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

http://www.geogadgets.com

http://www.beautywithattitude.com

http://www.w6hy.org

[This message has been edited by RedwoodRed (edited 03 November 2001).]

Guest Walkin Stick

e can rule that one out!

Lest there be any doubt though... My barks a heck of a lot worse than my bite... Not only would I not hamper someone elses ability to go after a cache (TB or not)... I'd probably let them have it if they were interested in it, even if I had the option of getting it. Now... how do you read: 'let them have it'????

Guest Walkin Stick

quote:
Originally posted by Choberiba:

B'sides, geocachers don't whack people in the knees, that's an ice skating thing.

Well, despite currently living in Illinois, I DID grow up in Oregon!

Then again, some (most?) would say that I've yet to grow up! Hmmmm... maybe I should have chosen Pan... Peter Pan! Then again... to be any good with that one I'd have to think 'happy thoughts'. 'guess we can rule that one out!

Lest there be any doubt though... My barks a heck of a lot worse than my bite... Not only would I not hamper someone elses ability to go after a cache (TB or not)... I'd probably let them have it if they were interested in it, even if I had the option of getting it. Now... how do you read: 'let them have it'????

Guest nkdcain

quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

Avatar is the title character in the Ultima games by Origin. I enjoued them very mush and was looking for something unique after my 1st 3 choices were taken

I used to play the Ultima games waaaaay back when I was 13 years old. I even still play Ultima Online, but not very much anymore.

its a team name sorta. My husband and I both hunt and after getting sooo lost last year, decided to invest in a GPS. Well until i found this site, i was still pretty much lost. Its been a big help as far as a learning tool. There's still alot I need to learn, like map reading. But its coming together. The geocaching has been fun, tho we haven't had alot of time to do it. just keeping track of whats going on is pretty fun too..

URBO- why, well when i got interested in geocaching i noticed the lack of caches in urban settings so i set out to populate miami with urban geocaches so us city slickers dont have to head for the hills to have some fun with our gps units.

robert (urbo)

ke4mcl

Guest web-ling

I was looking for a URL last year. My last name is Wendling, but Wendling.com, .org, .net were all taken. So I came up with Webling, but it was taken too. So I hyphenated!

My son is Curly Tiger, because he has curly hair, and likes tigers.

My daughter is Miss Pumpkin - a nickname I've called her since she was a baby.

My wife, Nutri-Mom, is into health food.

Web-ling

(The GPS-less Geocacher)

[This message has been edited by web-ling (edited 09 November 2001).]

Guest jsfocke

Our caching name is LADYBUGGERS! Well, while on our first cache with experienced family members, they suggested we have our own user name. My wife is heavily into collecting all kinds of ladybug items. So, Ladybuggers was suggested and since we couldn't come up with anything better fast, it stuck.

Guest Frolickin

not at my school, but at a nearby girls college. It did not take much persuading to get me to go there for class.

The guy who taught this class was weird, but a wonderful potter. He showed us all of this wonderful stuff that we were drooling over. Then he said it was all the crap he sold to pay the bills. Then he showed us his "art." Oh my . . . it was hideous. Throughout, he had this pathetic Pinnochio figure. It was just horrible.

So he showed us how to make our pots, etc. He kept trying to get us to create art, not just a pot. He wanted us to draw or something on the pots we were making.

Well, I am not an artist by any means. The best I can do are stick figures. So I created a stick figure who chased, fought, and tortured Pinnochio. I named my guy Frolicking Gilbert. My teacher ate this up. He could not get enough of it.

Anyhow, the name stuck. Many years later, when I used to do IRC, I shortened this to Frolickin (we were limited to nine letters). Everyone began calling me Fro and it stuck.

Fro.

Guest Frolickin

Well, mine goes back to my college days.

I took a pottery class my senior year. It was not at my school, but at a nearby girls college. It did not take much persuading to get me to go there for class.

The guy who taught this class was weird, but a wonderful potter. He showed us all of this wonderful stuff that we were drooling over. Then he said it was all the crap he sold to pay the bills. Then he showed us his "art." Oh my . . . it was hideous. Throughout, he had this pathetic Pinnochio figure. It was just horrible.

So he showed us how to make our pots, etc. He kept trying to get us to create art, not just a pot. He wanted us to draw or something on the pots we were making.

Well, I am not an artist by any means. The best I can do are stick figures. So I created a stick figure who chased, fought, and tortured Pinnochio. I named my guy Frolicking Gilbert. My teacher ate this up. He could not get enough of it.

Anyhow, the name stuck. Many years later, when I used to do IRC, I shortened this to Frolickin (we were limited to nine letters). Everyone began calling me Fro and it stuck.

Fro.

Guest macdaddymd@aol.com

A "mac daddy" is a street term for a "player", and a nurse called me that once when I made pulled a diagnosis out of yuo-know-where. Someone commented that I was a Mac user, and so when anyone had a Mac question, they came to me. The Mac Daddy, who is also an MD. Voila! The @aol.com is an accident of the "auto-complete" feature when I signed up here!

------------------

Kent

Harrisonburg, VA

macdaddymd@aol.com

Guest boatbubblles

when i was in high school they called me bubbles. however that is a very common name and hard to get these days. SO....my family goes boating alot and the two names just seem to go together. hence boatbubblles

my husband is the gambler. he got his name from when he drove a race car.

my oldest son is o.p. ( he looks like o p taylor on mayberry and the kid on mad magazine )p.s. he did grow out of that look but the name stuck hard

my daughter is lmsandt. these are her intials

sorry i do not know what the andt is

last but not least is my not so little boy...(who is almost a teenager ) he goes by little o.p. also or small fry cause he always catches the biggest fish every time

i have really enjoyed this thread

save a cow... drink milk

[This message has been edited by boatbubblles (edited 09 December 2001).]

Guest Morseman

I call myself Morseman because I use Morse code alot. Or rather, I used to use Morse code when I had antennas and a shack. icon_wink.gif

However, over here there was a TV programme called Inspector Morse (John Shaw played the lead character) and people often ask if my nickname is anything to do with the show. rolleyes.gif

In some Usenet groups I go by the 'name' YADJ. This comes from UK.REC.SHEDS where there were lots of Davids and Daves (my first name) and many Johns (second name) and even some David Johns... So, I called myself Yet Another David John, or YADJ.

My Amateur callsign is also my initials (DJA) and that's G0DJA.

So, now you know...

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

[This message has been edited by Morseman (edited 25 November 2001).]

Guest Morseman

I call myself Morseman because I use Morse code alot. Or rather, I used to use Morse code when I had antennas and a shack. icon_wink.gif

However, over here there was a TV programme called Inspector Morse (John Shaw played the lead character) and people often ask if my nickname is anything to do with the show. rolleyes.gif

In some Usenet groups I go by the 'name' YADJ. This comes from UK.REC.SHEDS where there were lots of Davids and Daves (my first name) and many Johns (second name) and even some David Johns... So, I called myself Yet Another David John, or YADJ.

My Amateur callsign is also my initials (DJA) and that's G0DJA.

So, now you know...

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

[This message has been edited by Morseman (edited 25 November 2001).]

embi = england mc'connell bureau of investigation.

A dream of two teenages to have a detective business.....a loooooooong time ago. Its just stuck.

------------------

It's out there...let's go get it!

Guest Fractaljack

The lowdown on the Whatcom Wanderers:

Fractaljack:Fractal...check out Fractal's earlier post for a superb explanation of these beautiful creations. ...jack - my first name.

K'funkanun:The phonetic pronunciation of the last name of a CBC radio broadcaster. With a first name of Dagmar, she has to have one of the most unusual names ever given to a human being! Although lately she has changed her pronunciation emphasis to K'funka-NUN and it just doesn't have the same magical charm rolling off your tongue. My wife is threating to change her "handle" because of it.

Allegro: My oldest(12 year old) musical daughter.

Gearhead: My 10 year old inventor son who disects/disassembles any non-living object that finds its way onto our property.

Firecracker: A description of my 6 year daughter's "dynamic personality".

Caseydog: Frisbee-lovin',cache-sniffin' 2.5 year old border collie.

Guest Fractaljack

these beautiful creations. ...jack - my first name.

K'funkanun:The phonetic pronunciation of the last name of a CBC radio broadcaster. With a first name of Dagmar, she has to have one of the most unusual names ever given to a human being! Although lately she has changed her pronunciation emphasis to K'funka-NUN and it just doesn't have the same magical charm rolling off your tongue. My wife is threating to change her "handle" because of it.

Allegro: My oldest(12 year old) musical daughter.

Gearhead: My 10 year old inventor son who disects/disassembles any non-living object that finds its way onto our property.

Firecracker: A description of my 6 year daughter's "dynamic personality".

Caseydog: Frisbee-lovin',cache-sniffin' 2.5 year old border collie.

Guest Mr. Six

I work sometimes at a cab company. We aren't allowed to use our names over the communications system so instead we are assigned numbers. You can probably fill in the rest. icon_smile.gif

Guest Mr. Six

I work sometimes at a cab company. We aren't allowed to use our names over the communications system so instead we are assigned numbers. You can probably fill in the rest. icon_smile.gif

Guest LarsThorwald

REAR WINDOW, the Hitchcock film? Remember the name of the character played by Raymond Burr?

No, I haven't cut anyone up and put them in a trunk, but I'm a TV/Film writer, and I used it as the name of my company. An in joke that a lot of people ask about...

Guest Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by BletchleyPark:

Any Guesses?

If you're from the UK -- ssssshhhh!

You are just an enigma wrapped in a conundrum really. icon_wink.gif

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by BletchleyPark: