Geocaching.com Usernames?

Guest hgmonaro

Guest HumbleServant

HumbleServant was a nickname used by me at work to label a co-worker, as a joke. That person was tired of fighting management over trivial things and thus became a "humbleservant". I guess if you look at it, most of us are humble servants at least once during our existance, myself included....

This is getting too deep for me...

Guest Steveonne

My name is Steve and my wife's name is Evonne. It's one of those typical combination partner names, but I pronounce it Steve-ee-oe'-nay. Kind of italian sounding even though I'm half Scottish, half Norwegian.

Guest turken

When I got my first ISP account I needed a name, so went with a hobby related handle. I've raised chickens for several years and one of my favorite breeds is the turken. I like it, because it's different enough that for the first few years I could register the name at almost any website or service. The only downside is that when the internet became mainstream worldwide, "turken" became a lot more popular. Judging from some of the random emails and ICQ's I get, I assume that residents of Turkey refer to themselves as Turkens as well.

My fiancee goes by the name Hatzs because she loves collecting hats. The z was put in there by her brother, and now she likes it because it's still unique on the 'net.

Guest Yawningdog

Well, when I first logged into geocaching.com, none of my usual aliases were being accepted. In fact, I was having one of my "less than creative" days and could not seem to find anything that had not already been taken. That was when I asked my compadre and main caching cohort Rembrandt, whose big furry nose is better at getting us out of the woods than my Etrex, what he thought we should name our team. His answer was the one he always gives me when I ask him "dumb human questions". rolleyes.gif

Guest jxs2151

When I was in college, your username to get on the Internet was your initials plus your last 4 of SSN. Since there was already a JLS they gave me JXS. I have used it ever since and I remember fondly the early days of the Internet- Gopher, Telnet, the Web, Lynx and Mosaic, etc.

Guest nerys3

I'm tired and didn't feel like coming up with a new name so I used one that I have had for a few years. Think Star Trek DS9. Kira Nerys to be exact and the 3 because nerys was taken. I also use (other places) cerridwen (Celtic/Welsh goddess) and buddhalocana (female buddhist).

Guest wildman

It's a nickname from college. Not because of partying or anything like that, but from being an outdoors person. I'm only using it here, it's been taken most everywhere else, and I don't like numbers.

Guest raptorrider2001

Yamaha came out with a new sport ATV in 2001 called the Raptor and I bought one. I am 61 and have had lots of the younger guys look at me a say I have never seen anyone "as old as you" ride one of those.

Guest Hawk-eye

I've used the nickname from when I was a kid ... couldn't read enough about the French and Indian war period ... Leatherstocking tales were my favorite books and when the neighborhood kids got together to play ... I was Hawk-eye ... it stuck.

348_1002.gif

[This message has been edited by Hawk-eye (edited 12 February 2002).]

Guest White Rabbit

My girlfriend and I just started Geocaching. We use the name White Rabbit for a few reasons.

1)'White Rabbit' by Jefferson Airplane

2) the 'White Rabbit' in Alice in Wonderland

3) "Follow the 'White Rabbit'" used in The Matrix

4) Rabbits are cute and cuddely

5) A Lucky Rabbit's foot seemed like a good signature item

[This message has been edited by White Rabbit (edited 01 August 2001).]

Guest Team JackQuest

JackQuest is a combination first name and some loose association to a American Indian "Vision Quest" and a big fan of Lewis and Clark history. Right now just hobby related but someday maybe a business or even shall I use the C-word(commercial venture). Sure would like to do outdoor related equpment testing, but then again don't we all. icon_smile.gif

------------------

TEAM JackQuest

Jack & Cyber

www.jackquest.com

Base Camp N 40° 20.268' W 75° 37.969' (WGS84)

Guest Team JackQuest

JackQuest is a combination first name and some loose association to a American Indian "Vision Quest" and a big fan of Lewis and Clark history. Right now just hobby related but someday maybe a business or even shall I use the C-word(commercial venture). Sure would like to do outdoor related equpment testing, but then again don't we all. icon_smile.gif

------------------

TEAM JackQuest

Jack & Cyber

www.jackquest.com

Base Camp N 40° 20.268' W 75° 37.969' (WGS84)

Guest Havasu Desert Rat

No huge mystery here. I live in Lake Havasu City, and I love the desert. I also seem to have been gifted with an unusually high tolerance to the heat. I also tried to figure out a way to incorporate some mountain goat into the name as I've been accused of being at least part mountain goat on many occasions. But Havasu Desert Rat seemed like enough.

Guest touracnt

Mine is my AOL screen name. It comes from my job, which is being a tour accountant for concert tours.

Although, I'm from the Los Angeles area, I bagged my first cache in San Antonio.

Guest Cachier

When I registered, the first name that came to mind was Cachier. It's so obvious, I was amazed that it was available. I was 'blown-away' when it was also available at AOL. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Cachier

When I registered, the first name that came to mind was Cachier. It's so obvious, I was amazed that it was available. I was 'blown-away' when it was also available at AOL. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest HomeChicken

When we used to party as teenagers we came up with the name HomeChicken. We would say to each other "Wassup homechicken?" back in the mid 1990's

------------------

Bought a eTrex Legend on 7/24/01

placed one cache Here

--HomeChicken

Guest GeoForse

Well, my username represents my status as a geocacher (even though I have less than 10 finds), and also represents a shortening (and minor corruption) of my real name, George Forsyth

Guest jefficus

In the early 90's I worked for a computer graphics animation company. (We made software for feature film animation.) I used Road Runner and Coyote models for all my testing, and so I got into the habit of signing my test results with "Jefficus Smithicus". (Remember the freeze-frame mock-Latin captions from the old RR cartoons?)

Anyhow, the nickname stuck.

Guest BKDotCom

Well I guess I'll jump on this huge thread.

Friends have been calling me "dot com" for close to 6 years. Especially after I got my domain name. "BK" = initials.

Yes, boring.

Unfortunately "bk.com" belongs to a high school somewhere.

Guest fractal

fractal (general definition): A mathematical representation of something that occurs naturally.

To me it means "the fusion of science and art"

I'm a pretty logical person, but I like to be creative, much like a fractal. A fractal can be a huge chunk of math that can create a beautiful image.

Been using the name since 1990 or so...

-fractal

Guest prv8eye

I'm a private investigator and have been using the prv8eye@aol address for over 8 years. I have a profile listed on the AOL member directory and always use my real name.

I believe the anonymity of screen names on the Internet is the prime reason most of the flaming, profanity and general hate and discontent exists.

This anonymity is the same thing that ruined CB radio.

The ability to cowardly hide behind a "handle" brings out the dark side of many, otherwise, civil people who would NEVER act in such a rude or offensive way if forced to give their true identity.

I also believe that a man should have the balls to stand behind his words. After all, who cares what a coward has to say.

I am NOT putting down the use of screen names or "nick" names. They are a fun and natural part of social life. I just don't respect anyone who uses them to hide.

Gus Morrow

Oceanside, CA

Guest bigRahn

Since we're all sharing..

Originally, I was going with big_breakfast, but my hotmail account for that name was getting too much spam, so I switched to bigRahn. Rahn being my first name (the phonetic spelling of Ron), and happily not a word in the dictionary sothe spam has slowed.

Way back in the mid 80's, I went by rok-hed on the atari BBS, but as the internet started blooming, I found that name was already taken.

Guest ajkwan

ajkwan - Alan John Kwan icon_smile.gif I've gone by other names like Modem Boy (a spin off from an old AT&T commercial, where the guy was called modem man by his wife) and netsurfer (cause I'm on the internet a lot).

Been caching for a month, found 8 so far, and havin' a blast. icon_smile.gif

Guest ajkwan

ajkwan - Alan John Kwan icon_smile.gif I've gone by other names like Modem Boy (a spin off from an old AT&T commercial, where the guy was called modem man by his wife) and netsurfer (cause I'm on the internet a lot).

Been caching for a month, found 8 so far, and havin' a blast. icon_smile.gif

Guest Gliderguy

My handle came from another techno-environmental sport that I love: Flying sailplanes. I have about 300 hours of flight time. Sailplaneguy just doesnt have the same ring and exceeded AOL's old 10 character limit anyway. see www.ssa.org to get a better idea. (and so you dont confuse them with hang gliders)

Well E=Mc2 is sort of simple for me at least. You see my first name is ELVIN, so that is where the E is from. My last name is McDivitt, so you see the Mc and then I have 2 letters that are doubled in my last name. Hence the E=Mc2.

Also Einstein was cool!

Peace and Have Fun!!!!

Guest justdrivin

Well... having worked as a paramedic at a large fire department, we referred to the days we were driving the ambulance instead of handling patient care as "JD", or "justdrivin". This was like a day off as far as responsibility, so "justdrivin" was a good thing. Now I'm "justdrivin" and my wife is "navigirl", as she is always grabbing the GPS from me!

Guest spiny norman

Spiny Norman was a somewhat obscure Character in a Monty Python skit.

He was an imaginary hedgehog (anywhere from 12 feet to 800 yards long) that terrorized a mobster by the name of Dinsdale Pirhana. I started using it on a Monty Python Forum and it just stuck.

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_scripts/piranha.txt

spinynorm2.gif

[This message has been edited by spiny norman (edited 06 November 2001).]

Guest Markwell

quote:
Originally posted by spiny norman:

Spiny Norman was a somewhat obscure Character in a Monty Python skit.

Dinsdale! I've always thought that's where they got the "snausages" commercial with the cartoon dog looking around the corner and saying "Snausages!" - in that same low gruff voice.

No Monty Python skit is so obscure that I haven't probably seen it. I'm one of the few that remember the skit about the German composer with the reaaaaaallllllly long name and his only living descendant.

Guest spiny norman

Why is it that nobody remembers the name of Johann Gambolputty... de von

Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-

dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-

ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-

spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-

nurnburger-bratwustle-gernspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-

gumberaber-shonedanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?

Guest Pat in Louisiana

Any Questions?

------------------

Pat in Louisiana

30:27:13.392N

91:02:55.054W

"I just want to live happily ever after every now and then"

Jimmy Buffet

Guest Raedwulf

Raedwulf is the old teutonic version of my name meaning man-wolf, probably the reason that the wolf is my favourite animal. I use for my email address and pretty much everytime I login to a forum because it's easy for me to remember

Guest Baudzilla

Large bandwidth internet connection. I have a 1.5 megabit connection at home.

The name's a play on the connection speed from the days of 300/1200/2400/9600 baud modems:

BAUD-zilla! (rowr!)

icon_wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Baudzilla (edited 16 August 2001).]

Guest Baudzilla

Large bandwidth internet connection. I have a 1.5 megabit connection at home.

The name's a play on the connection speed from the days of 300/1200/2400/9600 baud modems:

BAUD-zilla! (rowr!)

icon_wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Baudzilla (edited 16 August 2001).]

Guest Sluggo

I think I have noticed an unusually large number of "Parrot Heads" and "Monty Python Heads" amongst (that's southern for among)the geocaching community.

Sluggo Marrinelli

Guest cabingirl

Since I live in MN now, many people assume I have a cabin on a lake somewhere. Actually, my nick derives from the movie "Cabin Boy" starring Chris Elliott.

Speaking of Monty Python Heads, I just went to the rerelease of The Holy Grail on the big screen...cool!