Geocaching.com Usernames?

Guest hgmonaro

Guest Jomomof3

quote:
Originally posted by poppyseed:

I like lemon poppyseed muffins. That's all. My caching buddy calls himself Tater, 'cause that's his dog's name. We want a team name, but so far are Team As-Yet-Unnamed. Suggestions welcome. icon_wink.gif

I like "Muffin Puppy" as a group name myself!

Guest GeoMonkeys

GeoMonkeys... Geo for the Geo in GPS, or geocache, Monkeys because we were likened to monkeys, climbigng for caches, hunting under bushes etc. someone said " what a bunch of monkeys!" and so it was. and its kind of catchy dont you think?

Guest PharoaH

Although mis-spelled, PharoaH was my nick on IRC when I met my wife 5 years ago. Since then, I use the nick anywhere that I can (it is usually already taken). I'm not Egyptian, but I am fascinated by Egyptology. The name mainly comes from my dad, who used to scribe it inside telephone pedestals all over the midwest as his callsign. Somewhere I still have a picture where he and I scribed our nicknames in the sand at the Outer Banks, NC - one of my best vacations! At the time, I was using AJ2151, but once I got online, PharoaH sounded better. AndrewPharoaH is my secondary.

Guest bearboy

I guide bear hunts as a hobby here in Michigan.I spend a lot of time out looking for bears.So when my girlfriend set me up an email account thats what she put for my email and it has stuck ever since.

Guest bearboy

Michigan.I spend a lot of time out looking for bears.So when my girlfriend set me up an email account thats what she put for my email and it has stuck ever since.

Guest Patty-G

l.

That way the brain cells don't have to work too hard keeping track of the many names and

passwords that have come into my life along with the computer age. * smile *

Patty-G

Guest Patty-G

Hi!!! Since I am among the older group of geo-cachers ( Today being my Birthday)

I just use my real First name ( well nick-name) and my real Last initial.

That way the brain cells don't have to work too hard keeping track of the many names and

passwords that have come into my life along with the computer age. * smile *

Patty-G

Guest bigkid

bigkid - I once heard someone say:

"I want you to be a big kid again...to approach life with the same curiousity, fun and spontenaity as a child with the wisdom of an adult so you can find the joy in life from the big things to the little things in life"

Also, it's part of my job title (You work at my company, you should have a good title): CEO & The Big Kid with the Old Soul

Guest ClayJar

Years and years ago, I was trying to come up with a nick for IRC. Being more the programmer than the designer, I couldn't come up with anything. Finally, I drew on my background and mangled ClayJar from a verse in the Bible, since I figured it was unobtrusive enough to not incite riots or anything (but mainly because it wasn't taken). Added benefits: I was on the Internet early enough to grab the domain(s), it's easy to spell my e-mail address(es), it'll fit on a license plate if I ever become a raving egomaniac, and I can describe myself as a cracked pot when appropriate. icon_wink.gif (Ooooh, I can use my name as my cache container theme, too! I'll just need a little water sealer on the inside....)

Guest ClayJar

Years and years ago, I was trying to come up with a nick for IRC. Being more the programmer than the designer, I couldn't come up with anything. Finally, I drew on my background and mangled ClayJar from a verse in the Bible, since I figured it was unobtrusive enough to not incite riots or anything (but mainly because it wasn't taken). Added benefits: I was on the Internet early enough to grab the domain(s), it's easy to spell my e-mail address(es), it'll fit on a license plate if I ever become a raving egomaniac, and I can describe myself as a cracked pot when appropriate. icon_wink.gif (Ooooh, I can use my name as my cache container theme, too! I'll just need a little water sealer on the inside....)

Guest yrium

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

...it'll fit on a license plate if I ever become a raving egomaniac

Since I've had YRIUM on my license plate for the last 13 years I'd have to say... guilty as charged!

--- yrium ---

Guest kotan

It's a combi. of my initials and last name. Started in the military where our name tags only had our initials and last name. I was fondly known as K.O. both for my initials and "Knocking Out" because of my medical condition. Stuck with me ever since. B.T.W, K.O. stands for Kah Ooi (pronounced as K-ah W-i).

Guest Tissue

My username is tissue I don't know why. But I do know that tissues are very important. Without them all life on this planet would dissapear the oceans would go dry and the sky would blacken HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

This would be bad.

Ok I'm done.

Guest Chris Juricich

My username? Boring, but it's who I am, I'm immediately knowable.

'Sockpuppet' identities don't bother me, really, in the online world,and my experience thus far on the geocaching forum is that whether someone's named 'Daisy Boogers' or 'Xtermntr', so long as they post intelligently and politely, I have no problem with it.

I use my own name for simle reasons-- I can remember it, for one. Some women,I know, like to keep their gender hidden for security reasons, but I carry my own security with me. Must be a carryover from being a guy who doesn't think twice about walking alone down dark streets or sleeping alone in the house. My wife says, "You carry your 230 lbs and 6'2" body online everytime you post, you big lug!" Yeah, I guess...

Between Wrongway & bcbpbob I am roflol! This is a great subject~

Mine is pretty boring- somehow way back when TopGun the movie was out I started using Mav in my pinball games and Ms PacMan (dating myself?lol!) It has since stuck. I like it because it is gender neutral, short & easy icon_smile.gif I even use it as my email anymore!

------------------

~~Smiles~~

Mav

Between Wrongway & bcbpbob I am roflol! This is a great subject~

Mine is pretty boring- somehow way back when TopGun the movie was out I started using Mav in my pinball games and Ms PacMan (dating myself?lol!) It has since stuck. I like it because it is gender neutral, short & easy icon_smile.gif I even use it as my email anymore!

------------------

~~Smiles~~

Mav

Guest Gossamyrrh

originally Gossamer (after the WB cartoon character), but *that* spelling has long been taken. Besides..."She-walks-through-poison-ivy-and-other-thorny-vines-without-thought-of-consequences" is just too darn long. Someone in the south is "CacherInTheRye"...I think that is just hilarious!

Guest Gossamyrrh

poison-ivy-and-other-thorny-vines-without-thought-of-consequences" is just too darn long. Someone in the south is "CacherInTheRye"...I think that is just hilarious!

Guest BigFig

My middle name is Newton and I got stuck with the nickname in college of figgy in the 70's - which got shortned to just fig. You know, for Fig Newtons. The big part comes from the fact I'm a manly man (O.K. - FAT).

So, next time you are humping it up the side of a mountain to a BigFig cache just remember - if an old fat man can put it there you'll probably be able to make it without a cornary icon_smile.gif

Guest BigFig

My middle name is Newton and I got stuck with the nickname in college of figgy in the 70's - which got shortned to just fig. You know, for Fig Newtons. The big part comes from the fact I'm a manly man (O.K. - FAT).

So, next time you are humping it up the side of a mountain to a BigFig cache just remember - if an old fat man can put it there you'll probably be able to make it without a cornary icon_smile.gif

Guest celts

I know what you're all thinking--easy one, right? ...she took her name from the 4th century marauding ,warlike barbarians who once nearly seized Rome. icon_wink.gif Of course, it's from the legendary Boston Celtics and the fact that Larry Bird and I share the same college. Since he went pro, celts has been my license plates, and every other thing I could emblazon it on. Sadly, now that he's retired, I couldn't even tell you who their coach is, much less any of the players. But I hear they're still in Boston!!!

Guest celts

I know what you're all thinking--easy one, right? ...she took her name from the 4th century marauding ,warlike barbarians who once nearly seized Rome. icon_wink.gif Of course, it's from the legendary Boston Celtics and the fact that Larry Bird and I share the same college. Since he went pro, celts has been my license plates, and every other thing I could emblazon it on. Sadly, now that he's retired, I couldn't even tell you who their coach is, much less any of the players. But I hear they're still in Boston!!!

Guest bunkerdave

I wish I had a really cool story, but no. Geocaching was something I happened upon and liked. My brother, KnightMare, is a serious chess player, and we found our first cache together. I decided I needed name, and the only other interest that came to mind at the moment was golf. I am not a good golfer, and spend more than my share of time in the sand traps, or "bunkers," and my first name is David. There you go.

It has been lots of fun meeting other cachers and seeing their responses to me. I am only 30, but lots of them take "Bunker" as a military reference, which I rather like, albeit incorrect. Most of them think I am much older than I am, since if I am retired military or Vietnam Vet, I would have to be older. I have enjoyed reading everyone else's names and histories. Some really great ones. I love this game.

Guest Case_198

When I originally signed up with AOL Instant Messenger in 1998 I had to choose a Username. So, I decided to use my middle name Casel (pronounced Castle). Well that was taken (of course!), so I added 98 for the year: Casel98

I was chatting with a group of folks on this hip-hop radio show and every week when they announced who was in the chatroom they said "Case 198", so to stop the confusion and because it did sound kinda cool I officially changed to Case_198.

And the rest is history...

Guest cache_only

It's a play on "Cash Only!" The sign obviously means no credit or personal checks. These signs can be found in little convenience store dives in the inner city--you know, the ones that break a pack of cigarettes and sell them individually (unlawful, by the way). I was raised in a very bad neighborhood and the dynamism of the inner city keeps me wide eyed and interested. You can get a Ph.D. in wisdom from immersing yourself in the "straight-up hood." On a related note, I was the first to place a cache in the city of Detroit. It is on Belle Isle. This is the island where the Detroit Grand Prix is held. It has been a hangout of almost solely black people since the 1970s. White people are terrified to visit this park as a rule of thumb. I placed the cache there in hopes of attracting whites back onto the island and breaking the racial stereotypes. All in vain. Hardly anybody has visited this cache. I happen to be white and very conservative, but I don't play the racism game. It seems our 1967 riot is still with us in terms of racial segragation. Detroit is still the most segragated major city in the U.S. Sorry to go off on such a tangent, but I wanted to fully explain my "handle" and its meaning.

Guest LoCache

Mine is not nearly as clever as most here, though it does have some sort of story.

Basically, I was signing up for the Geocaching.Com site when I was first getting started in this stuff and with all of the *cache* references, the first thing that popped in to my mind was Chris Rock in CB4 when he sings *Straight outta LoCash, a crazy motherf***** named Gusto". I started to use Gusto but the take off LoCache came to me and I liked it so the rest is history. The best thing is that every time I see it or say it, I laugh to myself about the movie.

Now go rent CB4 and enjoy! It's the Hip Hop Spinal Tap and like Spinal Tap, if you know ANYthing about that lifestyle, it is HYSTERICAL. And speaking of hysterical movies, go rent ALL of Kevin Smith's movies too. Just because. ;-)

Later,

Geo

http://www.geopolitan.net/geotrex

Guest LoCache

Gusto". I started to use Gusto but the take off LoCache came to me and I liked it so the rest is history. The best thing is that every time I see it or say it, I laugh to myself about the movie.

Now go rent CB4 and enjoy! It's the Hip Hop Spinal Tap and like Spinal Tap, if you know ANYthing about that lifestyle, it is HYSTERICAL. And speaking of hysterical movies, go rent ALL of Kevin Smith's movies too. Just because. ;-)

Later,

Geo

http://www.geopolitan.net/geotrex

Guest ErichB

I would've thought the spelling of my name would be enough to get by, but apparently there is another Erich with a geocache account. So I added my last initial, which kinda works as I'm the second Erich with an account!

Guest jpjazz

I took this name 4 or 5 years ago when most in Utah thought we had a basketball team that could take out MJ of the Bulls? Now my spare time is better spent Geocaching.

Guest tecmage

Tecmage is short for technomage. Technomages were characters on the Babylon 5 series. These characters were people that had technology so integrated into their lives (and bodies) that they appeared to perform magic.

Took this username based on some of the work I do with robotics and teaching undergrads.

Richard

Guest tnunnery

First initial of my first name and my last name - I know...BOOOOOORINNNG!

I saw the post above by "homebru" who says one of his other hobbies is homebrewing. I am also an avid homebrewer - I wonder what the other hobbies-in-common are for geocachers?

Guest Eoghan

Eoghan is a crazily non-phonetic Welsh spelling of the common name "Owen". When you're from Texas, that's pronounced "oh one".

I use that "digital name", 01, for everything I do on the internet. Nobody's ever seemed to get it though....

Guest Count de Cache

The handle is a parody of a famous character in Mel Brooks' film "History of the World". As an inveterate paronomasiast, I couldn't resist.

Guest MNMartian

I just made up MNMartian one day.

MN because I live in Minnie-sota

where we have 7 seasons, spring, summer, road construction, fall, winter, winter, winter! : )

Martian is just my last name with an extra "a" and because I like Sci-fi