Geocaching.com Usernames?

Guest hgmonaro

Chichikov is a character in the Russian novel "Dead Souls" by Nikolai Gogol. Won't bore you with the plot here, but Chichikov does a lot of wandering and searching and meets some odd folks along the way.

---------------

Where am I going? I don't quite know.

What does it matter where people go?

Down to the wood where the blue-bells grow-

Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know.

-A.A. Milne

Zoey is the name of my oldest, fattest and most spoiled cat. She looks exactly like Socks, the formal presidential cat. I used this name in bulletin boards/IRC chat from the early 90's, but as more people began using more names, I had to expand to Zzoey and eventually Zzzoey. Some people think it means I am always sleepy.

illDRIVEuNav, my husband, has a pretty self-explanatory name. Though many times we both navigate, and if the road gets real rutted or steep, I have to drive icon_wink.gif The capital letters spell DRIVEN, which could mean he has lots of drive, or he is driven mad by the 8th graders he teaches.

I've noticed that a lot of guys will use the names or abbreviations of their cars as their usernames. My fiance, for example, is mjrs01. The "mj" is for his initials, and the rs 01 stands for his old car, a 2001 Subaru Impreza RS. I've also noticed many guys on this post doing similar things with their car names. icon_smile.gif

As for my name, the WolfPack if for my school (UNR), the 20 was my old soccer number, and the 99 is the year I graduated high school. No car names here.. icon_smile.gif

The AIM Team consists of Ali, the Mrs., Ivan the Mr., and Mikayla, the One That We Exist For. icon_smile.gif

I am so thrilled to participate in this sport as a family.

I call myself, "The I" on these here boards. My wife didn't want a seperate account and Mikayla is only 18 months so she doesn't get on the internet yet.

The A.I.M. Team: Ali, Ivan and Lil Mikayla, Jacksonville, Florida

Equipment: Garmin eMap 32MB memory, Palm VIIx, Old College Eastport backpack, VW Jetta Wagon and Isuzu Trooper (hers) icon_wink.gif

Chief Paulina was a renegade Shoshone Indian chief that traveled with the Poviotso Confederacy in the mid 1800's. His band covered an area in Oregon from the Cascades to the Snake River and from the Columbia to the California/Nevada border.

While other Indian nations gave in to white supremacy and filed off to the reservations, the Western Shoshone (Snake) tribe fought to the death for their land and lifestyle. Paulina (War Spirit) was one of three chiefs and was believed to be impenatrable until chased down and killed by Henry Maupin and friends. If it were not on private property, I would love to place a cache at his final resting place.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"

-George Harrison

• Upvote 1

Many years ago, I got involved in a Star Trek Role Playing Game. The group I was with chose to be Klingons. The captain's name was Krouton and the 1st officer was Kevlar. Wanting to follow the puns, I chose Kordite (which, when spelled with a "c", is a type of gunpowder).

About 10 years ago, I became involved in a Klingon fan club called the Klingon Assault Group. I already had the name so that was easy.

I continue to be involved in Klingon things and, as you can see from the avatar, have the full bumpy-forehead makeup, wild hair and uniform down to the spiky boots.

lear more at http://www.tasigh.org/kordite/index.html

I used to work as a tech support rep for Apple Computers, but I also worked on PC's on the side. Some good friends of mine who were die hard PC fans, used to tease me whenever I fixed their PC after that had given up. "Oh look who's Being Clever again" Implying that while I was obviously better at fixing the issue, I was still inferior because of my Apple connection. It was their way of saving face. =) Now whenever I do something stupid (like going caching without my GPS - don't ask) My inner voice is saying "Oh look who's Being Clever again;" Of course meaning the exact opposite.

no very good reason.

i used to think the florence flask and the erlenmeyer flask were very cool. for a while i toyed with being graduated cylinder or petri dish. and i'm not a chemist. i'm a musician by trade.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

RedBear comes from my AOL AIM username a few years ago. I have red hair...all over like a bear ( I know TMI To Much Information). I had to add the WA when we moved to Washington state and someone took the redbear while I was off-line for a few months. So now I use WARedBear for everything. Helps me to keep up with who I am. icon_redface.gif

Divine was a 300-pound transvestite who showed up in just about all of John Waters' movies before he... uh, she... uh, he died in 1988.

I am 190-pound man who dresses in men's clothes, I haven't acted in any movies and I'm still alive.

I have used the nickname 'Divine' in different kinds of internet based registrations since 1995.

- All you need is a sick mind and a healthy body. -