Geocaching on the Travel Channel

rbdupuy

I was watching the Travel Channel last night and saw that the topic of their show- "World's Best" was going to be "Hidden Treasures." I was interested so I watched it. It was a great program and one that anybody interested in geocaching would most likely enjoy. They did number 10, 9, and 8 and for their commercial teaser, they showed some people in the woods following a GPSr. I wondered aloud if they were actually going to have Geocaching as one of the World's Best Hidden Treasures. Well, it ranked #7 right between (8)the Lost Dutchman Mine and (6)the Lost Rhoades Mine. WOW. To see geocaching, and especially on a list that included Oak Island's Money Pit, at least two shipwrecks, and other treasures of unknown value, I was impressed.

It was an interesting piece, and I'd encourage anybody who'd want to see it to check the Travel Channel listings to see when it's coming on again. But, I couldn't help but wonder how many people were out there scrathing their head at the end of it saying "What was that?" I thought it represented geocaching VERY positively.

Did anybody else see it, and if so what did you think? (apologies if this program has been announced before, but this was the first time I'd seen it.)