Geocaching movie?

Swagger

quote:
Originally posted by Cruzin!:

I'm sure I'll be markwelled if this has already been noted in the forums, but has anyone seen this site yet?

http://www.extremegeocaching.com/

--

Pehmva!

The url isn't working for me.

Random quote:

http://sthomas.net/sigimage.php

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

logo_small.jpg

Oh dear God please don't let that movie get made. I just read the treatment. It's a bad after school movie. It's not worthy of the paper it's written on. I knew it was only a matter of time before there was a movie, I just hoped it would be good. Actually I thought we were going to see a reality TV show first. I could go on and on here, but I really don't think there is any danger of this movie getting any further than the lame web site it's on.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

I can only surmise that this is some kind of joke on GC.com. The contact page says "Any input from the public that is received by Rapid LLC regarding screenplays, web sites or any other works, become the properity of Rapid LLC without any obligation." Sounds like someone from the "Read the Terms" thread. icon_biggrin.gif

All weal drive, the only way to go!

I emailed the producer. It went something like this:

Mr. Bushey,

I read the treatment for 'Extreme Geocaching'. It's so bad I'm sure you have been completely unsuccessful find investors to funding the project. But just in case you get a few hundred bucks from someone you should spend it to hire a new author & screenwriter. And start with changing the name. As someone who is very much into films & an avid geocacher I can tell you this treatment is way, way off.

Just my 2 cents, but do yourself a favor and visit the forums on geocaching.com. I'm sure you will read the same opinion by most if not all the other players.

Regards,

JMB

Because now I am Lost.

HAA!! The pic of the lady on the web page wreaks of /bubbly voice mode on, "Hi I'm Suzy, and this is the popeil pocket fisherman" /bubbly voice mode off. Just has that fake Hollywood smile (no offense if any here are from HW)!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Cache me out dammit, I'm in a hurry!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

-Thomas Jefferson

You really need to check out ALL the links and all the pages this guy does. Even the sites are awful and he has the nerve to advertise that he builds websites. And yea, I have no idea why that picture of the lady is on the site. Look carefully at all his sites, he obviously writes all the copy himself and lets just say he doesn't have a complete grasp of the English language.

Because now I am Lost.

quote:
Originally posted by New England n00b:

I swear I'm gonna smack the next TV/movie studio executive that thinks "Extreme", "EXTREME!", "eXtreme!" and any other variation is an orignal (*&^%&^ idea.

I HATE that word now. Extreme Mountain Biking! Extreme Bubblegum Chewing! Extreme STHU ALREADY!

/rantoff icon_razz.gif

---------------------

http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/kaelerraenen/images/16x16_smiley-mad.gif Don't hurt me. I'm new here.

Ummmm... isn't this reaction just a little.... extreme? icon_wink.gif

Cheers!

TL

Are you kidding? It's so bad it's mildly enjoyable!

-------snip--------

Friend says "I need a new truck!"

-------snip--------

Personally I like it in screenplays and books when they give human beings and domesticated animals names. It makes it more 'real-like'!

It's right up there with:

** Then the captain said "Dive" and the crew-guy pushed a button, or whatever. And they dove! ***

Let me see if I can summarize the plot line.

Group decides to go geocaching for 5/5 cache.

Truck scrapes stump on back road.

Cachers get out and hike a lot.

It rains and they get a bit wet.

They camp out and keep hiking the next day.

They get to the cache area.

They have some trouble finding the cache.

They find the cache, log in, and trade.

They call home on the cell phone.

Is it just me, or do you all have a story or two that's a bit more "extreme" than this one?

Like my experience on a recent night cache:

quote:
Leprechaun waded across the swamp at midnight, with only a headlamp and a GPS to guide him, when he saw the reflection of many pairs of eyes staring at him from the edge of the woods. He thought, "this is what night patrols in Viet Nam must have felt like."
Am I already a better screenwriter?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

quote:
Originally posted by Titus2_13:

I can only surmise that this is some kind of joke on GC.com. The contact page says "Any input from the public that is received by Rapid LLC regarding screenplays, web sites or any other works, become the properity of Rapid LLC without any obligation." Sounds like someone from the "Read the Terms" thread. icon_biggrin.gif !

Unfortunately it does not appear that it is a joke. I looked up the owner of the web page and it is Jon Bushey. You will find out more about him and his production company here.

=========

"The Road goes ever on and on, out from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, Let others follow it who can!"

quote:
Boy gives Big Speech. Dad and friend watch boy's speech with awe.

Tarzan also enjoys giving Big Speech. Jane watches with awe

quote:
His brand new truck is ruined for life

Uh oh! Better get Maaco

quote:
Boy describes what is would be like to have an eye poked out

I hope they show it like they do on CSI.

quote:
Dad throws wood at wolf. Wolf runs off.

Hear wolves running and yelping away.

No comment here - it's just too easy on this one.

quote:
There is no cache here! That

stupid web site was wrong

I should blame Geocaching.com for all of my DNFs... yeah that's the ticket.

quote:
The other two men continue to tease each other

Ok, now it's getting alittle creepy

E

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else.

Oh just put out my eyes now!!!!

My 6 year old could write a better story than that. They have so many things wrong I'm surprised they didn't bury the cache in a national park.

40158_1200.gif I hope you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you've heard is not what I meant. --Richard Nixon

icon_geocachingwa.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Grapu etal:

Unfortunately it does not appear that it is a joke. I looked up the owner of the web page and it is Jon Bushey. You will find out more about him and his production company http://www.rapidslc.com/VideoServices.htm

=========

"The Road goes ever on and on, out from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, Let others follow it who can!"

Yup, afraid you're right. I Googled Jon Bushey and got lots of hits on product reviews (his new video camera). But if it looks like a joke, sounds like a joke, and movies like a joke......

All weal drive, the only way to go!

quote:
Originally posted by Wander Lost:

They have so many things wrong I'm surprised they didn't bury the cache in a national park.

IT IS!

The cache is far into a National Forest with difficult terrain.

Because now I am Lost.

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

Am I already a better screenwriter?

quote:

My 6 year old could write a better story than that.

Hmm... That's an interesting point. I think we all could write a better scrip. Sounds like a new thread. I'll start a treatment, we can all add to it with our own stories, made up stories, dialog, whatever. We can edit it later. I know film makers that would get involved. We could even pitch it to Miramax.

Because now I am Lost.

My favorite line in the story:

quote:
The Boy has saved up money for a necklace that he strongly believes will make him look good.

This apparently is to illustrate some tragic materialist flaw in the boy's character. Um, someone needs to tell the author that boys don't save up money for necklaces these days!

I couldn't read much past that point. It was too painful.

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Jomarac5:

quote:
Keystone Approver wrote:

J5, who would you cast as forum moderators in your proposed series? There are both male and female moderators so pick one of each.

How about you and I take care of the deed? That would be fun, don't you agree?
You wrongly assumed either that I'm female, or that I'm willing to have an operation. Are YOU willing? That would be fun, don't you agree?

--------------------

smile.gif Signal says, "Drink the Kool-Aid!" smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by The Rocket Pack:

HAA!! The pic of the lady on the web page wreaks of /bubbly voice mode on, "Hi I'm Suzy, and this is the popeil pocket fisherman" /bubbly voice mode off. Just has that fake Hollywood smile (no offense if any here are from HW)!!

I KNEW IT!!!

The minute I saw that picture I recognized the woman. She's got several pictures of herself (including the one on the movie webpage) on one of those cheap non-copywrited photo CD's that cheap guys like me buy at Staples in the discount bin because we're too cheap to invest in quality pics for webpages!

mitsuko2.JPG

What do you think? Mitsuko II? I for one wouldn't want to cache in that outfit....although the belt's pretty cool.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

quote:
The minute I saw that picture I recognized the woman

Does your cd give her any type of ID? If you look at his picture properties link, he has her named Tracy. I wonder if that is what she is planning to wear to the Oscars ceremony?

E

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else.

quote:
Keystone Approver wrote:

You wrongly assumed either that I'm female, or that I'm willing to have an operation. Are YOU willing? That would be fun, don't you agree?

Ughh... I think I need to clean my keyboard. icon_eek.gif

My mistake, I assumed because of the avatar... never mind. icon_redface.gif

Since, it's turned out that there's somewhat of an incompatibility issue here, I'd have to suggest that Hydee and I do the moderating. That would be good. Hydee's cool -- and she is a woman, right?

I was wondering whatever happened to this tacky movie project, so I just checked it...  YAY!  Looks like it done died and rotted on the vine.  Man, if it wasn't for that stinky storyline...!  :D

That's not what I heard - last thing I knew was that they got Wil Wheaton to play one of the lead roles - they thought he was a perfect fit as a seasoned actor and registered geocacher....

I was wondering whatever happened to this tacky movie project, so I just checked it...  YAY!  Looks like it done died and rotted on the vine.  Man, if it wasn't for that stinky storyline...!  :D

That's not what I heard - last thing I knew was that they got Wil Wheaton to play one of the lead roles - they thought he was a perfect fit as a seasoned actor and registered geocacher....

Dude! You're 6 days late for THAT one! :D

I live in the general area of the "Rapid LLC company, and I saw a vehicle a couple weeks ago in traffic (a van or SUV with one of those magnetic panels on the door like real estate agents have sometimes). I thought about honking and asking them about the movie, but reasoned against it as I was hoping they had also forgotten, and didn't want to accidentally remind them! :o

I live in the general area of the "Rapid LLC company, and I saw a vehicle a couple weeks ago in traffic (a van or SUV with one of those magnetic panels on the door like real estate agents have sometimes). I thought about honking and asking them about the movie, but reasoned against it as I was hoping they had also forgotten, and didn't want to accidentally remind them! :o

Good thinking except you should have run him off the road just to be safe.