Help me get rid of my wolf!..........

quote:
Originally posted by Alphawolf:

O.K.....when I post, I get 2 wolf pictures. How come? One's plenty! In my profile, I have the avatar image listed, but that's all. Nothing else. Anyone care to help the old alphawolf out here?

Edit your profile page to remove the URL to the image in the signature box. Note that this will have any effect on any existing messages. You may have to log off and log back on for the change to occur.

PS_sig.gif

Wolves are endangered. Just because you have two in your posts doesn't mean you can get rid of one. Your only alternative is to replace one with a spotted owl or snail dater. (uh, that should be Darter - who'd wanna date a snail?)

Ever notice everybody is willing to give THEIR 2 cents worth but only offer a penny for YOUR thoughts?

quote:
you're not allowed to remove it.

Well.......I did not come by this decision lightly. I spent the weekend in Yellowstone Park observing the Druid pack(saw 12 of them!) and contemplating my decision. I filed the requisite Environmental Impact Statement with the Feds. I held public meetings to get input (the ranchers were all in favor of it, the tree-huggers threatened to spike my tires) and checked with the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources as to state regulations. After extensive research, it was concluded, that being as this wolf is an artificially introduced species to this web-page, that control is warranted and allowed under auspices of the Federal Controlled Species Act. Had this wolf found his own way here, thereby being classisfied as a naturally introduced species, then he would have found complete protection. So....sadly, one of the 2 must be eliminated. It is not a pleasant job, I admire wolves. However, being that one is a clone of the other, it makes the job easier, knowing that I am not eliminating the genes from the populations. Alphawolf out. icon_smile.gif

7871_200.jpg

quote:
you're not allowed to remove it.

Well.......I did not come by this decision lightly. I spent the weekend in Yellowstone Park observing the Druid pack(saw 12 of them!) and contemplating my decision. I filed the requisite Environmental Impact Statement with the Feds. I held public meetings to get input (the ranchers were all in favor of it, the tree-huggers threatened to spike my tires) and checked with the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources as to state regulations. After extensive research, it was concluded, that being as this wolf is an artificially introduced species to this web-page, that control is warranted and allowed under auspices of the Federal Controlled Species Act. Had this wolf found his own way here, thereby being classisfied as a naturally introduced species, then he would have found complete protection. So....sadly, one of the 2 must be eliminated. It is not a pleasant job, I admire wolves. However, being that one is a clone of the other, it makes the job easier, knowing that I am not eliminating the genes from the populations. Alphawolf out. icon_smile.gif

7871_200.jpg

Now, clearly, you have to leave the wolf as it apparently found its own way there and is thus naturally introduced.

Seriously, I think you have to log off from the forums and log back in before the change takes effect. Sometimes, that doesn't work either; I don't really have an avatar picked in my profile, but can't get rid of the one on my posts no matter what I do.

warm.gif

I got an idea!

The polar bear is not endangered. So why don't you have the bottom picture of a polar bear, on a snow-covered landscape, on a cloudy day, with his eyes closed (because of the blowing snow) and he could have one of two possible genetic defects (albinism Ursus maritimus or Thalarctos maritimus Whitus Maximus) that makes his skin white instead of black.

In this case, there would only be white in the picture, so, unless the reader of your future posts was color blind, he (or she) wouldn't see that there was a picture there!

Problem of the bi-polar wolf resolved via maritimus using a natural animul from one of our poles!

This simple procedure can be know by it's Latin term: Erridicatius Canis occidentalis commuto Ursus Whitis Maximus Kodakius Polaroidimus!

--majicman

(Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!)

quote:

quote:
Go into your MyPop and then profile. The signature box is the very bottom one.

The signature box is empty! Now what?

Changes made don't take effect until you "log out" of the forums and log back in. I am not sure why.

-- Mitch

quote:

O.K.....when I post, I get 2 wolf pictures. How come? One's plenty! In my profile, I have the avatar image listed, but that's all. Nothing else. Anyone care to help the old alphawolf out here?

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/7871_200.jpg

OK, Alphawolf. Now you've gone and done it!

Just post a reply to this reply and my Polar bear will transmutate and your wolf should disappear!

Please don't take too long, cause I normally hae a picture of my grandson over there, and I'm afraid the Polar Bear might eat him!

Yours in class, family and species...

--majicman

(Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!)

quote:
Originally posted by Huaso:

Magicman,

You've been watching those Roadrunner cartoons again, haven't you?icon_wink.gif

That's just what I'd expect from a "barbed-wire collector..."

--majicman

quote:
Originally posted by Huaso:

Magicman,

You've been watching those Roadrunner cartoons again, haven't you?;)

That's just what I'd expect from a "barbed-wire collector..."

--majicman

Had you the forsight to choose a "pest" for your avatar instead of an endangered species, you would have less trouble eliminating one. My suggestion (use it only if there is one moth photo) is to go to your profile page and make sure you have not designated the wolf as your "picture" as well as your avatar.

quote:
Originally posted by GypsyMoth:

Had you the forsight to choose a "pest" for your avatar instead of an endangered species, you would have less trouble eliminating one. My suggestion (use it only if there is one moth photo) is to go to your profile page and make sure you have not designated the wolf as your "picture" as well as your avatar.

Oh yeah, smart guy. I'm now stuck with this polar bear (until he eats the extra wolf anyway) but I believ that I see a "pin" sticking though your moth! (So that ain't even a live moth, its dead and stuck on a board!)

--majicman

quote:
is to go to your profile page and make sure you have not designated the wolf as your "picture" as well as your avatar.

It's all blank but the avatar! I have logged off and back on and I can't think of what else to try! Guess I could delete the avatar also the log off and re-do the avatar pic. and see if that works.....

7871_200.jpg