The GEO-TRIANGLE

Guest Hawk-eye

Guest Hawk-eye

I was just vanished into the great beyond ... my posts ... showed "unregistered" ... I ceased to exist within the Groundspeak world ... But never fear ... apparently you can re-register rolleyes.gif ... my question is ... has anyone else experienced this? It happen to me last week ... during the time the postings in some areas vanished ... but came back ... I guess I went with them ... only I didn't get a return trip! Now ... I look like .... (sniffle) ... a Newbee ....

[This message has been edited by Hawk-eye (edited 04 August 2001).]

Guest makaio

Jeremy responded to anotehr similar post whereby the user had also 'disappeared'. Apparently due to some cleanup work Jeremy had done and the users id had an embedded space. Jeremy restored the missing data. Possibly you suffer from the same fate by having a special character (-) in your id.

Send Jeremy an email and see if that's what happened.

Guest jeremy

showed 0 messages (Including this one). There may have been some corruption resulting in a few individual accounts being removed.

Definitely not intentional, for those conspiracy theorists out there.

The other situation was on the geocaching.com web site. Both sites have separate accounts.

Jeremy

Guest Hawk-eye

... Being from the south ... naturally we think it might be a pure case of Alien "abduction" .... probably the return of the mother ship .... yeah ... that's the ticket .... icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for getting back to me today (via email) ... Jeremy ... I agree ... Modern technology ... can be a beautiful ... yet strange thing! icon_biggrin.gif I'm just glad to have gotten back alive!

Guest Hawk-eye

... Being from the south ... naturally we think it might be a pure case of Alien "abduction" .... probably the return of the mother ship .... yeah ... that's the ticket .... icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for getting back to me today (via email) ... Jeremy ... I agree ... Modern technology ... can be a beautiful ... yet strange thing! icon_biggrin.gif I'm just glad to have gotten back alive!