Should jokesters be allowed on the forum?

Alan2

quote:
Soylent Green got banned. Now, THAT was funny. He caches on that N-something site now.

Him and one other person icon_wink.gif. I Haven't seen much of Lazy Boy and Mighty Mite either these days. Though I'm not sure if his threads like "Jeremy You Are A Jerk" were intended to be jokes or not.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on August 08, 2003 at 03:35 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:
Soylent Green got banned. Now, THAT was funny. He caches on that N-something site now.

Him and one other person icon_wink.gif Haven't seen much of Lazy Boy and Mighty Mite either these days. Though I'm not sure if his threads like "Jeremy You Are A Jerk" were intended to be jokes or not.

_"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry_

I loved BrianSnot. Dr. Seuss would have approved of Snot's in a snit over Snat....Lol... I almost peed myself on that one.

Although, the funniest thing that I ever read on these forums was JoeFrog's Monkey Monologue. My sisters had me read it too them three days in a row because they loved watching me lose it.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

quote:
Originally posted by Spzzmoose:

http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=4016058331&m=38360446&r=93160386#93160386

dadgum!! I'm gonna get banned now too!

How the heck did that thread escape getting locked? It was FUNNNNN! All the fun threads got locked.

Texasgeocaching.com has a forum just for off topic fun stuff. Kudos to the TXGA admins. There should be one here too. We all have a lot in common. It's natural that we wouldn't always want to talk shop. Duhhh? I revived my three favorite threads over there. Movie lines, Person above & Person below.

Censorship is ADMINS way of telling a joke.........! Humor is good for body and soul and may those who don't like it...DIE. Or maybe just ignore it.

Long live Rodney Dangerfield.

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

quote:
Originally posted by mckee:

Most forums fall on their faces when it comes to humor.

Sad, really.

Hopefully it's a bit different here.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/130036_200.gif

One person's humor is another person's insult. Read Soylent Green's posts. I thought they were a riot. A few were apalled. The vocal minority won. C'est La Vie. (SP?) Next......

Trust me, it's no different here.

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

_Censorship_ is ADMINS way of telling a joke.........! Humor is good for body and soul and may those who don't like it...DIE. Or maybe just ignore it.

The magic of Free Speech: Only the goverment is required to honor it. Private enterprise is exempt from the requirement, the good/bad part of that particular freedom. It's great when you control it, and it sucks when you don't.

Especialy when someone who makes you laugh is banned.

Been there, done that.

130036_200.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Wanderingson and Compass Rose:

I'm only here for the free pretzels

The practice of giving out free pretzels in the forums has been suspended. People we not sharing them...

Uh oh - that may be construed as a joke... icon_razz.gif

Does this mean I will be banned? icon_eek.gif

---------------------------------------------------

frog.gif Free your mind and the rest will follow frog.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Doc-Dean:

The practice of giving out free pretzels in the forums has been suspended.

"The pretzels are no longer complimentary." -Sting, as Goldsting, on SNL

Jokesters are fine, just no sockpuppets.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams

quote:
Originally posted by canadazuuk:

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

Yea, I miss him too...

But since you are also a fan of Soylent Green, you can talk to him anytime!

Thaaaat's it. Keep beating that dead horse. Maybe it will get up and pull that cart for you......Lol...You crack me up Zuuk.

quote:
Originally posted by walkietalkie:

II wanna tell you all a story about a Harper Valley widowed wife

Who had a teen-age daughter who attended Harper Valley jr high.....

~This is the place~

That was a GREAT movie. Ahhh, takes me back a ways......

A guy walks into a bar and notices a sign that reads: "Tough Man Contest -- Win $2,500" He orders a beer and asks the bartender about the contest. The bartender explains that no one had been able to win this contest and that he had been thinking about removing the sign. "Well, what do I have to do if I enter this contest?" asks the man. "Well, first of all you have to run 4 miles. Then you have to wrestle an alligator that has a bad tooth, if and when you wrestle him into submission, you must remove the tooth and bring it to me." "Well, so far it sounds okay. Is there anything else?" asks the man. "Yeah, after you finish the alligator, you have to go upstairs and satisfy the nymphomaniac. After you do all of these things, I'll give you the $2,500," replies the bartender.

The man drinks the rest of his beer, orders a shot of tequila and starts out the door for his run. He comes back, sweaty and tired. He asks the bartender for two shots of tequila before he goes for the alligator. Downed the shots and leaves once again. About 2 hours later the man comes into the bar ripped to shreds, bleeding, and just about dead. The bartender is astonished to see the man alive! "Hey buddy, you've done more than anyone else has to get that prize money!" he says. He hands the man another shot of tequila and the man gulps it down. Then the man (all bloody, tired, and drunk) says, "OK, now where's that nympho with the bad tooth?"!!!!

I enjoy the jokes. Well, the ones that fit into a message thread... as long as the jokes come naturally and aren't forced, and are not offensive to anyone. Some people may have kids who are allowed on this website, so I'd kepp that in mind.

But, you had better learn... your wife is ALWAYS right.

I hope that someday we will be able to put away

our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

We like threads such as this one. The typical Garmin is better than Magellan or "war story" threads are fine, but occasionally something a little different are nice...

The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.---Matthew 13:44

Matt & Julia

To view our online geocaching diary/blog, click here

I wish outer space guys would conquer the Earth and make people their pets, because I'd like to have one of those little beds with my name on it.

- Jack Handey (aka Jack Handy)

3 blondes are stranded on an Island when they see a bottle floating in the water.

Thinking it might contain something useful they fish it out and remove the cork.

In a cloud of smoke a Genie emerges and agrees to grant them each one wish.

The first Blonde says "Make me twice as intelligent as I am now" *POW* she turns into a redhead and she notices that the mainland is far but not too far. She dives into the water and swims and swims and swims, and she reaches the mainland, she is very tired but once again safe.

The second blonde says "make me 10X more intelligent than I am now" *POW* she turns into a brunette and she notices some wood and some rope lieing around. So she lashes them together and builds a raft and paddles it to the mainland, she is slightly tired but also safe.

The 3rd Blonde says "Make me 200X more intelligent than I am now" *POW* she turns into a man, stands up and walks across the bridge.

Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Jomarac5:

quote:
Snoogans wrote:

Why would you want to be that stupid?

Yes, if he said that it would be stupid, wouldn't it?

Please refresh my memory. Where did you get that quote from me? I just read this thread twice and didn't see it.

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

Please refresh my memory. Where did you get that quote from me? I just read this thread twice and didn't see it.

Didn't you know I'm your sock puppet, or vice-versa? Apparently it's easier for Jackass5 to assume we're all one person than to accept that nobody likes it.

pirate.cgi.gif