i'm going to place my first cache and i ordered a travel bug

i'm close to placing my first cache and i ordered a travel bug for it. my question is i know where i want to place the cache but as far as the bug goes where should i send it o i need to pick a specific cache? i know the general area i want it to end up at.and is any item ok for a bug i have an item in mind? any replies are appreciated

I haven't placed any travel bugs, but I would pick a cool destination or mission. Anything at all. Send it back and forth to some country you want to visit. Send it to get its picure taken on top of 10 cop cars around your country or 10 countries around the world. Anything! Probably the more unlikely the request, the better the chances of it happening.

It doesn't have to have a specific cache for a goal. People like to move them, so it will get picked up and moved. Not always in the right direction. Sky's the limit! Have fun with it.

-Vb

I would make sure that the bug is a size that will fit in the average cache containers. From what I've seen so far. I would say something that will fit in a tupperware type of container but not take up all the room as other things will need to go in it. Of course I can imagine that it can be of a size that is a little larger that can fit comfortably in one of the larger ammo cans. Just be prepared that the larger it is, the slower it may move because someone may not be able to place it in a cache because of the size thing. There's also times when it would fit in a cache container, but the container is already filled. That happened here. We took a bug from a cache and moved it to another cache. We were watching the cache we took it from and the bug. We noticed the person who took the bug that we moved, were trying to place it in the cache we picked it up from and on their comments said they couldn't because there was no room in the container. It was squeezed in it when we found it. We emailed them and let him know that we took it from there and he asked it fit in there when we took it. Anyway, he moved it along somewhere else.

Your bug can have whatever mission you want it to have. You can put your bug in your own first cache if you want or place it in any cache you would like to get it into circulation. We've dropped 2 travel bugs so far and just recently. Here they are:

Rollerblading Grandpa

Bernie the Baseball Player

Good luck.

Brian

s long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump