Hard to get at

Arkman18

I am very new to geocaching and am wondering if when you hide a cache if its ok to make it hard to get. I know you want to make it hard to find but what about get is it ok to put them under water or off the ground. Are other cachers going to see haveing a hard time getting the cache as a challenge and fun or would it just be a Nuisance.

If this may seem a silly question i apoligize.

thanks

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

It should be easy to get to, but hard to find.

_Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs._

No, it should be hard to get there, but once you get to the spot, it should be easy to find.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by jogps:

To get back on the subject , The rating systems that geocachin.com have, you when you fill out when hiding a cache is the best way to rate a hide ……….JOE

Jo, we did. The other EIGHT exact same threads that have since been nuked.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

My idea was that if I hid a cache I want to make it hard to find but when find the general location I wanted it to be even harder to figure out where it was hidden. For example I thought about hiding a cache on a bridge over a river near me. Like on one of the footings below the water line by two feet. Maybe I am letting my imagination run on how to hid them but I would like to search for a cache like that.

quote:
Originally posted by Arkman18:

My idea was that if I hid a cache I want to make it hard to find but when find the general location I wanted it to be even harder to figure out where it was hidden. For example I thought about hiding a cache on a bridge over a river near me. Like on one of the footings below the water line by two feet. Maybe I am letting my imagination run on how to hid them but I would like to search for a cache like that.

As long as somebody driving by in a boat can't get knocked in the mellon driving under the bridge, it would be ok.