Which comes first: Location, Container, Description?

wcgreen

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

Clever containers, I'm not talking about rubermaid or a typical camo pattern on an ammo can. Those are good solid cache stuff but lately I've been looking for, and appreciating more creative endevors.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/5867_200.gif

not all of which i've been able to find.

keep up the, um, good, work

kg6nee

Although my container always hold fairl decent stuff, my early hides were basically find a park that didn't have a cache and hide it. MY latter ones have been theme caches, some multiples that hundreds of miles were driven and hours and days spent researching the locations and creating the web page. I appreciate the logs fom people who were pleased with my caches. It's nice to get an "atta boy".

Alan

My first was location, mainly because it is a spot I frequent and have met up with a lot of people that knew the place existed but could never figure how to get there.

The next one, I have 3 or 4 places in mind, but am thinking of contaimer options and will choose the spot I can best place that container in. I'm hoping to be better inspired on a description next time as well, I was nearly a month late with the first because I wasn't happy with the description.

Some days you're the dog, and some days you're the hydrant.

First, I have a location in mind,then I choose the cache container based on it. For more remote areas, its a 50 cal ammo can. If its going to be closer to a trail or heavily visted area, then I use the 30 cal boxes because they're easier to hide. In urban or suburban parks I like the small, retired d-con boxes.

"Life is a daring adventure, or it is nothing" - Helen Keller

quote:
A couple of days ago, I got one of those metal boxes that AOL sometimes ships their CDs in.

Once I get it painted, it's a cache looking for an appropriate location.

I found one in one of these boxes. It was cleverly hidden in a gap between some bridge supports. However it was in Sacramento, where it doesn't rain at all for 6 months out of the year. These AOL tins are not waterproof at all and I wouldn't recommend them in wet areas or places where you get snow.

What kind of bridge? - not an active railroad bridge I hope, 'cos that's against the rules icon_eek.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:
A couple of days ago, I got one of those metal boxes that AOL sometimes ships their CDs in.

I found one in one of these boxes. It was cleverly hidden in a gap between some bridge supports. However it was in Sacramento, where it doesn't rain at all for 6 months out of the year. These AOL tins are not waterproof at all and I wouldn't recommend them in wet areas or places where you get snow.

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

What kind of bridge? - not an active railroad bridge I hope, 'cos that's against the rules icon_eek.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

I look for the most scenic spots. I've followed suit by veterans of the sport and really like this approach. Bring others to your area to allow them to enjoy the environment you've been living in all your life, just taking it for granted. I've never really appreciated this area until Geocaching was first introduced to me. Sure, I like to hunt and fish, dig ginseng and all, but it comes natural for some reason. Maybe others don't feel this way, but I say spread the word and have pride in your region!!

quote:
Originally posted by Cheesehead Dave:

I hope to place one of those this week. I already had the location, but I couldn't figure out a way to place a cache there and didn't want to resort to a virtual. This tin is a perfect solution. Water, even rain, won't be a problem.

I have an additional AOL tin set aside for the next opportunity.

In answer to the poll, I've only placed one so far, but the four or five in my head are based on location.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by wcgreen:

What first impels you to hide a cache? Is it the perfect hiding place? A set of Tupperware begging to be filled with trinkets? A theme or witty description demanding a cache page of its own?

--

Wendy Chatley Green

wcgreen@eudoramail.com

Sometimes location, sometimes wierd containers, sometimes theme, depends on what inspiration brings when it hits.