Brian Surpasses 4000 ...

Yup, there was a reset, I remember that. However, you do have some competition anyway, there are those who have already surpassed several of us and they've only been posting for a few months... what are their numbers going to look like in another few months? Or will they burn out and drift away......

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

When I saw my post number was getting up there, I created a sock puppet account to post under to even out the posts and make it look like I had a life. The sock puppet account is called Renegade Knight.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

When I saw my post number was getting up there, I created a sock puppet account to post under to even out the posts and make it look like I had a life. The sock puppet account is called Renegade Knight.

_"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry_

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

Brian, congratulations on this monumental geocaching achievement. I'm sure it took a lot of wrong turns, tick bites and dead batteries to accumulate 4000 posts.

I can remember way back to when you were a newbie poster, making newbie mistakes, like failing to search for prior threads on the same subject, posting ten times in a row in the avatar test thread, and taking Majicman seriously. It warms my heart to see how you've matured as a forum poster.

May your next 4000 posts be just as fulfilling and memorable!

I need to go get a kleenex....

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

Hey, I'm a guy who spent 25 years sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours a day. Now that I'm not working, it's a hard habit to break. Never did get carpal tunnel...and my eyes are still pretty good.

Knock on wood.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Hey, I'm a guy who spent 25 years sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours a day.

Aw, but back then you had punch-cards so it's not the same thing!

(Don't forget the fly-swatter to squash any bugs flying around the tubes...)

But seriously, your sock-puppet 'Ren. Knight' joke was excellant! (OK, not so seriously...)

Enjoy,

Randy

quote:
Aw, but back then you had punch-cards so it's not the same thing!

Ahhhh, I remember punch cards. In fact, when I was laid off, I found a stack in my desk. Took them home and placed a few in caches, but people didn't seem to appreciate them. I'm hanging on to the rest.

When I was working in operations, we used them for everything... as book marks, notebooks, scratch pads and tools. Looking back, it was probably a pretty expensive waste of paper.

But I spent many years in front of the "green screen". When co-workers started buying PC's I thought "what's the point? I sit in front of a computer all day, why do I want to do it at home". I remember friends and co-workers owning Commodore 64's and VIC 20's, Radio Shack TRS-80's et. al. I didn't see the point.

I finally borrowed an old IBM XT from work so I could dial in and work from home. I remember I had a choice between a computer with 4 meg of RAM and a 20 meg HD and one with 2 meg of RAM and a 40 meg HD (This was the late 80's). I chose the one with more RAM on the advice of a PC savvy co-worker and when I brought it home, I threw on one of the first versions of AOL and discovered the Internet. The rest is history.

I still kind of liked things better when the Internet was a secret little community of a few hundred thousand users.

WTG Brian. Really impressive. and you even stay out of the sniping two man dialogue threads. I mean most of your posts are honest well thought out sincere answers to others questions.

icon_razz.gif Just thought I'd add that this puts your find/post ratio at a whopping .03770776482!! icon_biggrin.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane