Should I log an event cache as a "Found It"?

Guest gnbrotz

Guest gnbrotz

Is there any precedent for logging an attended event cache as a "find"? Should it just be logged as an "other" and not count towards your total stats? Likewise, should an event I sponsor be counted as a "hide" in my overall standing? Thanks for the input.

------------------

Greg

N39°54.705'

W077°33.137'

Guest Markwell

Take a gander at how I organized logging "finds" on the Chicago Suburbs Geopicnic. Since we had seven (actually nine) mini-caches possible that day, we had the attendees log their finds as separate entries. That way, they could honestly say that they found a real Geocache, and relate their stories (some of which I didn't hear until the logs).

I would think it depends on what you did at the event (sat in a pub and drank?) and also on the wishes of the coordinator.

Guest bunkerdave

If I ever go to one organized by someone other than myself, I will log it as a find. I have been to one, and will attend another this week, but I organized both of them, so I will not count them. These events are probably more important, IMHO, than "real" caches as far as the long term viability of the sport and its growth, so I like to count them toward my "caches placed" number, though some may disagree.