Books

FISUR

What's in your geocaching library? Here a few books which I have read due to my interest in geocaching: (1) Be Expert with Map & Compass by Bjorn Kjellstrom, (2) SAMS Teach Yourself HTML and XHTML in 24 Hours by Dick Oliver, and (3) Walks and Rambles in Rhode Island by Ken Weber. I would appreciate any recommendations for my next geo-book.

FISUR

Rhode Island Geocaching

A field guide on how to identify poisonous plants. If ya find one, let me know. I'm on my second case of geocacher's complaint. OUCH!

Is your avatar a picture of John Dillinger? Sure looks familiar.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

The greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

AFM 64-5, Aircrew Survival, written by yours truly and hundreds of other survival people in the USAF.

Poison plants, naviation, first aid, and just about anything you need to know about getting OUT of the wild.

It is (in in it's 1980s and later versions) written in layman's terms and easy to implement, also printed to be 100% indestructable short of throwing it in the fire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS is the PUBLIC face of Geocaching, when someone learns of the sport this is where they come to

learn more, what are YOU showing them?

http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com/

International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists

I have my old Boy Scout Handbook around somewhere but the only other related book is Measuring America by Andro Linklater. It is a history of surveying in America. It has lots of interesting things about metes & bounds, chains & rods and the birth & death of the metric system.

Draw a straight line across a virgin wilderness. Now bushwack your way across that line to accurately set a state border. Over mountains, rivers, rock, forest, swamp, these guys would put your 5/5 cache to shame.

Kordite

ph34r my l33t kl1n90n 5k1ll5.

On Amazon.com you can now, search the entire text of every book they sell, then you can click on a link in the results to see ~4 pages surrounding the searched text. It's pretty impressive. Check it out HERE.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)

quote:
Originally posted by Aksor+Raskol:

It has absolutely nothing to do with geocaching, but if you love the outdoors, hiking, adventure, and don't mind peeing your pants laughing, I'd suggest "A Walk In The Woods" by Bill Bryson.

I was reading this book in a restaurant while waiting for my Jeep to be fixed, I was laughing like a lunatic, had to catch my breath a couple times so I could laugh some more. "A Walk In The Woods" is a treasure.