How many caches per month do you log?

I average about one a month. Let me explain. I would love to do more. But there are only about 50 caches within 100 miles of my location. And I don't want to run out. So I am going slow.

I hike way more than I cache. I am a volunteer in a 27,000 acre state park. So far this year, I have spent 68 hours patroling the trails. Some of that was geocaching (2 caches).

I have 3 active hidden, 2 more now archived (1 stolen, 1 event) and I have two in the works (1 to replace the stolen, 1 new).

I guess it could be said I am as active as the area will support. It doesn't get much better than that. I am not willing to move for better caching!

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by hammack:

I made a chart too, formatted it for the web, but don't know how to get it in a post without hosting it somewhere else and linking to it.

Any suggestions?

Pretty much, you host it somewhere else and link to it. Use the image button.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

Ok...to further hijack the thread...how does one make the fancy charts? I know how to do it in Excel, however I can't get the data to show up right. Basically what I've got in the spreadsheet is just copied and pasted right from the website. So the 1st column is the smiley/frown face, the 2nd column is the date, and the 3rd is the cache title. What I get is a bar on the graph for each individual entry, instead of a total for each month. Any help?

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

I just manually entered the number of caches per month into Excel, made a graph, then cut and pasted it into Paint, then saved it as gif format. Next you upload it. CWL has a way for doing that. See his post.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. 0:

Ok...to further hijack the thread...how does one make the fancy charts? I know how to do it in Excel, however I can't get the data to show up right. Basically what I've got in the spreadsheet is just copied and pasted right from the website. So the 1st column is the smiley/frown face, the 2nd column is the date, and the 3rd is the cache title. What I get is a bar on the graph for each individual entry, instead of a total for each month. Any help?

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

[This message was edited by hammack on March 05, 2003 at 01:36 PM.]

i've been noticing the number of finds george makes, and figuring for the amount of time geocaching has been in existence, i'm pretty impressed.

but the question remains... does he have a JOB? good gracious, man, HOW DO YOU FIND THE TIME?

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

quote:

You did 180 in one month? Wow. OK, so what's your average?

Well, we're trying to average 100 a month so that we can hit 1200 on our 1 year geocaching anniversary. icon_biggrin.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

About 6. I do about 1 per weekend. Then, I have other activities.

There aren't many caches hereabouts, so I don't want to hurry.

In the warmer wether, I hope more.

I hope to find a number of sites for hiding about 6 soon.

DustyJacket

...If life was fair, a banana split would cure cancer.

It was funny that y'all started making charts of your finds.

It was really funny that y'all had a whole forum on how to save them as a bitmap and upload them to a host, just so you could post a reply.

But, it is hysterical that you are actually comparing the SIZE of your charts!

"I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous!"

288 in one month! That takes a lot of planning to pull that off. That comes out to 9.29 caches per day. Maybe you should have answered the poll with your day average. Then at least you would have fallen into one of the ranges... icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by flask:

i've been noticing the number of finds george makes, and figuring for the amount of time geocaching has been in existence, i'm pretty impressed.

but the question remains... does he have a JOB? good gracious, man, HOW DO YOU FIND THE TIME?

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

Two things allow me to cache as much as I do.

1) I mountain bike every weekend so I'm driving somewhere anyway. Most rides are at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours away. Some trails still have caches on them so I get a few on the ride, Then, I cache all the way home.

2) Then the next day of the weekend, mary want's to go geocaching too so we go somewhere together and cache again.

If any other caches pop up nearby then I just grab them mid week.

I do have a job though... I teach. Xmas vacation, spring break, summer vacation, 3 day weekend here, 3 day weekend there.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

quote:

My vote for most colorful chart goes to fizzymagic; best data to georgeandmary; raw numbers to BruceS.

Of course the original question was "How many caches to you average per month"!

Yeah, but fizzy gave me my data, so he wins again.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

I've logged 1 or more every day since 2/8/03 .

A total of about 53 I think.

This morning was my 100th also.

No charts necessary - only been doing this since 12/28/02 .

The daily logging can't go on much longer. Caches getting further away(my thanks to all the local cache hiders). Had to use a locationless a couple of busy days. Those opportunitues getting fewer also.

maleki/Marty