Opinions needed

I placed this cache as an easy to get too (5 foot hike) but hard to find. The cache is sitting on the ground in light brush. Merigreen reading 7' accuracy. The container is quart sized round plastic bottle standing upside down. Can be seen if you know where to look (not covered up). As you see 1 person found it and 4 have not. Should I post a picture or just change containers so its more visible? I don't want to upset the local cachers, they are good people, met most of them. Please check out the page and give me your ideas...Thanks Jerry

PS There are two small sticks laying across the top, so I guess it is covered a little.

Rino 110

MeriGreen 128

[This message was edited by DeerChaser & Poni on April 14, 2003 at 08:25 AM.]

[This message was edited by DeerChaser & Poni on April 14, 2003 at 12:02 PM.]

Well thats what the rating system is for and it looks like you rated it correctly according to the no finds so I wouldn't spoil it with a pic. Plus you shouldn't base this on Freelens's inability to find a cache.;)

Again, thats why the rating system is so beautiful. If it was rated a 1 and there were that many no finds I would say rate it higher not post a pic.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

DC, I agree with umc. A pic would spoil it for sure. If they can't find it they need to look better. I'd rather have ones that take a lot of time or an eye to notice something out of the ordinary. If I found every cache I went to, it wouldn't be as challenging.

NO PIC

Does anyone have some cache on them?

There are always going to be folks that can't find a particular cache. I've had to take a couple of trys at some and found very difficult ones on the first try on other hunts. If you get 50 or more no finds in a row, but you check on the cache and it's still there and in good shape... looks like a very challenging cache to me, needs no modification. Just be sure your coordinates are not off for some reason, although it appears you have done that already.

Hey, nobody said this had to be easy....

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

You rated the cache a 4 1/2 difficulty. That is sufficient to let your fellow cachers know that they are likely in for a good long search, and that it is cleverly hidden. Good job! I wish there were more of these near us. I love a well disguised cache placement that takes a while to find.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

I did a cache that was similar only a smaller container. It was meant to be hard. The person eventually found it by lookin in the only spot in the weeds that had not been trampled.

Over time they will beat down a path to the cache and it will get easier.

Until then a cache in weeds is actually very hard to find.

More accurate coordinates if you have the ability won't hurt.

4.5 stars does say say "Hey there bucko's, this one i HARD!"

==============================

Wherever you go there you are.

I am a big believer in pics on a cache page but you needn't make it easy if you don't want to. You could probably take a picture of the naked container (sans cammo) and it would not give too much away, and/or a long shot of the hiding area, about 30 feet of cache real estate, just to let them know they are 'in the ballpark'.

I have a picture below off one of my cache pages where the cache is in full view in the pic, but you can't really tell where unless you know what it is you're looking for.

It gives them something to shoot for. Also, after 4 non-finds (if the finders have enough caches under their belt) I'd be out there checking on it to make sure it wasn't snagged by a muggle(but it seems doubtful from your description).

39528_600.jpg