Collaborative Geocaching

gmaxis

In general, I hunt for caches alone (or with my geo-doggy, Daisy icon_wink.gif). But on occasion, I've sweet-talked my hubby into joining me; or met up with an out of state Geocaching buddy and combined cache hunting with visiting. I even dragged my boss and a couple of coworkers on a hunt with me once while we were out of state giving a presentation to a customer.

It's fun to have someone else along once in a while to pass the time while walking and searching...but as for forming a caching group, where we'd combine our separate finds under one ID, I'd prefer to keep it as an individual hobby rather than a joint-effort one.

-------

Join us at our first 196939_600.gif "geo-gathering" on 4/27/02!

In general, I hunt for caches alone (or with my geo-doggy, Daisy icon_wink.gif). But on occasion, I've sweet-talked my hubby into joining me; or met up with an out of state Geocaching buddy and combined cache hunting with visiting. I even dragged my boss and a couple of coworkers on a hunt with me once while we were out of state giving a presentation to a customer.

It's fun to have someone else along once in a while to pass the time while walking and searching...but as for forming a caching group, where we'd combine our separate finds under one ID, I'd prefer to keep it as an individual hobby rather than a joint-effort one.

-------

Join us at our first 196939_600.gif "geo-gathering" on 4/27/02!

I almost never go it alone. In New York I cache with Dekaner, and in Michigan I cache with trstankoiii

Beginning of May I have about 5 friends coming to visit, so we're going to have a band of 8 go out and hide a cache for fun. Should get two or three more folks into the sport too icon_smile.gif

I guess I don't like going alone because I grew up as a Boy Scout and the whole buddy rule with the wilderness (granted.. I've never gotten anywhere that wild while geocaching) and hiking and stuff. Seems dangerous to me. I also don't go at night because I'm new to Mighican and I'm not 100% familiar with the wildlife, itchy plants, etc. icon_smile.gif

--------

trippy1976

migo2.gif

I almost never go it alone. In New York I cache with Dekaner, and in Michigan I cache with trstankoiii

Beginning of May I have about 5 friends coming to visit, so we're going to have a band of 8 go out and hide a cache for fun. Should get two or three more folks into the sport too icon_smile.gif

I guess I don't like going alone because I grew up as a Boy Scout and the whole buddy rule with the wilderness (granted.. I've never gotten anywhere that wild while geocaching) and hiking and stuff. Seems dangerous to me. I also don't go at night because I'm new to Mighican and I'm not 100% familiar with the wildlife, itchy plants, etc. icon_smile.gif

--------

trippy1976

migo2.gif

I generally go with my girlfriend (caching is good quality time), but sometimes she's not able to go, or I pass by a new one on my way home from school, so I go for that one by myself.

My dad has also gone on a couple of hunts with me - I'm surprised he hasn't gone out to buy his own GPSr. icon_smile.gif

I generally go with my girlfriend (caching is good quality time), but sometimes she's not able to go, or I pass by a new one on my way home from school, so I go for that one by myself.

My dad has also gone on a couple of hunts with me - I'm surprised he hasn't gone out to buy his own GPSr. icon_smile.gif

Usually it's just me, but my wife (LittleMama) and son (LittleMonster, he's 3 years old) go on occasion. I don't think I would want my wife to cache alone on the trail though, as I have seen some interesting people out there. Of course they probably think the same thing about the 6'5", 280# guy carrying a hiking staff, taking what looks like tri-corder readings in local parks while sometimes carrying a wooden Tiki idol and digital camera (see my log for GC274 ).

Later,

TikimanHSA (Hunter)

Tracy and I geocache together. I've been out once witout her, and that was no fun. We recently got together with Underdog and Sweet Polly to find a cache. We've also gone out with a couple of reporters. Outside of those few adventures, we've only run into other Geocachers three or four times.

Richard

quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:

I like the idea of forming bonds with fellow cachers by either hiding or searching for caches together.

Have GPS, Will Travel.

gmaxis,

Since I'm in your general area I wouldn't mind joining you on a hunt some day. It will have to be in the future tho, as my health is bad at the moment.

--- yrium ---

I'll take it any way I can get it! All family members welcome; Jack (11) is into it more than my wife Donna and Tom (8), but we all go, especially if we're on a driving trip.

Tell you what, Vince: first one to a hundred gets to take the other one along!

Charlie

"One should never begin a journey by heading in the wrong direction."

I usually go with geocaching buddy wavydave (it's his GPS), but if he's going out of town he'll take it along and cache on the trip, or sometimes I'll borrow it and do one of the virtual/locationless caches, which I like better than he does (so far). And, the plan is that when we take our family vacation this summer, the GPS is road tripping with us! (but, alas, not geo-dog Whitney)

We each log the cache with our own inpressions and make our own trades, but we carpool and hike, canoe or whatever, to the cache together.

I've done about 40% of my caches alone. The rest have been with various members of the family: Curly Tiger (age 3 1/2), Miss Pumpkin (5), and Nutri-Mom (old enough).

I've also teamed up with another cacher I met while looking once, and with another family of orienteers/cachers a couple of times.

25021_1200.gif

I used to cache alone, then started taking the kids when they are out of school. Recently, started caching with JeffersonStone, we have a blast! We just finished a contest cache last weekend (our first), and finished in the money.

Lots of plans for some of the more difficult caches to our west- We're coming, Hawkeye and Jerry!

JoeyBob